Sami's honesty - Zonal marking system

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:54 am

Dav, until Moores find an acceptable offer which meets his requirements, apart from the club's requirements, we have to accept that we are miles behind Arsenal and Chelski (because they have such a miserly defence which we used to have) and still some way behind manure...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:04 am

I have said about my concerns on the zonal marking system many times over the past 2 weeks, and it has proven to be a persistently problematic area.

A zonal system would work very well if our personnel is up to it, i.e. being blessed with the ability to anticipate the potential threats and acting quickly to stem these potential dangers. Unfortunately, the dayas of Liverpool having classy defenders are over - Hansen, Lawrenson (despite his now annoying habbit of critising Liverpool), Hughes were these types and Thommo falls just short but he is a very good defender nonetheless. nowadays, Hyppia, for all of his strengths, is very slow and lumbering and Carra both do not have the necessary basic skills to play zonally effectively against top oppositions. It would be OK against lower divisions or lesser premiership teams.

I am puzzled as to why an intgelligent coach like Benithez still wants to persist on this zonal defending system, particularly during set pieces. We need to man-mark at set peices.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:11 am

[quote="DAV"][/quote]
Houlier wanted 5 years TO BE ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND THEN LOSING IT
Kewell needs time - TO RECOVER
finnan needs time - FOR SOMEONE BETTER TO REPLACE HIM
biscan needs time - FOR ANY CLUB WHO'S ABLE TO PAY HIM MORE THAN PRICE OF SOME PACKS OF CIGS
Le tallec and pongy need time - TO RETURN AND CUT THEIR EDGES
Diou needs time - FOR ANY BUYER
Time, i aint getting no younger, and i aint seen us compete for a decade.

SHORTER WORDS: WE NEED MORE MONEY
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:22 am

There are structural problems here.
Baros and Cisse can not cut it, when the going get's tough. Garcia is not yet tuned in to team play. Alonso does not have enough confidence yet. Hamman, breaks play up but pushes out too many square or backward balls. Kewell is still smouldering and has no flame.
Carragher lacks weight and presence. Riise is unreliable. Hypia comes and goe's.Dudek is a lower league goalie and Josemi a bit raw.
Excuse me while I just make a call to Samaritans. :(
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Red_Si » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:41 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:To be honest i really felt for benitez last night head held in his hands as if to say they havent listened to a word ive said or they havent leanred anything ive taught them :(
Was really a shame, ok he should not have changed the team from saturday, maybe joseme for finnan but we should have started from the off with 2 up front.
2 steps forward alot of steps back, these away games better get sorted and quick, otherwise its going to start playing on the players minds, and they are going to start being scared of losing away that they will be nervous and things wont go right atall.
Come january id like to see 3 new additions and maybe the kids on the bench lets face it the on sunday the likes of diao, traore, an biscan are hardly gona put the sh#ts up chelsea are they ??? .or any other team for that matter.
I think he needs to raid valencia them players know how to play for him they will only have to learn how to play in the prem and fit in with the others.
JBG was right after the bolton game that we would see more of these performances and his words are right. :)
I personally think we wont be challenging the title for another 2 years as more players need to be shipped out and we need some good strong players brought in who want to play for LFC and feel honoured to wear the jersey.

Kewell is a prime example of this. He is completely disinterested in every game.
Red_Si

Postby Big Niall » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:10 pm

Benitez took over a dud of a team from Houllier, that barely outperformed Charlton and Birmingham. We are second rate and have no chance of  wining the league in the next 3 years.

He now needs time to get the right players and the right balance. Hypia, Henchoz, Hamann are not as good as they were three years. When signing players we now got to ask if they are better than what Arsenal have.

Lets all give the guy a couple of seasons to improve, I'd be surprised if we won the league within 5 years.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:11 pm

thats the spirit big nial!

???
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:44 pm

Big Niall wrote:Benitez took over a dud of a team from Houllier, that barely outperformed Charlton and Birmingham. We are second rate and have no chance of  wining the league in the next 3 years.

He now needs time to get the right players and the right balance. Hypia, Henchoz, Hamann are not as good as they were three years. When signing players we now got to ask if they are better than what Arsenal have.

Lets all give the guy a couple of seasons to improve, I'd be surprised if we won the league within 5 years.

P M A

Posotive
Mental
Attitude
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion