Sami hyypia - Testimonial?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:22 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Sami at the moment has 434 games, I think even with a year extention, the landmark of 500 games might be out of reach...unless he plays as often next year as he had now.

500 games for Sami would be a huge achievement for him and the club. He'd be our FIRST OUTFIELD PLAYER from abroad to make the 500 games if it's possible. Are we backing Sami to make the 500th mark?

i think he make that mark if he's here till abt 38 or so .. but next season no way
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:21 am

Sami Hyypia should not be given a new contract. In his prime he was a good player. ALiverpool played a defensive style that was perfect for him. When Liverpool changed mentality and ventured forward a bit more and pushed the back 4 further up he fell apart. Also his age destroyed his pace and he never positioned himself well or had good skills on the ball. Nowadays I become frightened whenever I see his name on the sheet. Not only because we are in danger of conceding, but also becouse him being part of the 11 signals how far away we are from the quality of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U.

It is time to let him go and remember him as a decent player in the years 2000-2003.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:08 pm

435 games now for Sami. He's been our best defender this year and I think now we're in talks with him over a new deal we should do everything to get him signed. Legend in every sense of the word.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Would be an excellent 4th choice. Experienced, talented, professional and still able to do more than a job at the highest level. We would be crazy to let him go if he wishes to stay.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 pm

Never really had the pace but he is excellent with his positioning so who cares what age he is he can do the job as well as anybody, another year at least should be his reward.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion