Salif diao

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:25 pm

The guy has all the physical attributes to be a hell of a player and I thought he'd be a good signing at first.

But if you ask me, the english prem is just too quick for him.  He's always mistiming tackles and just can't seem to stamp his authority on games like he did in france and for senegal.

He just seems to lack confidence, which i think is largely due to Houllier constantly playing him out of position in his early days at the club - The time houllier played him at CB away to Rafa's Valencia in the champ lge springs to mind - he got skinned all night and i don't think his confidence ever recovered.

He didn't do well at Birmingham because he got injured after his first game (in which he had a stormer).  I bet he'd do a good job for someone else, he's just psyched out every time he pulls on an LFC shirt.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:31 pm

I thought Rafa would pull all the stops to bring Diarra back to the club - but, with him gone, Diao might just have a future at LFC after all... Rafa does have a knack of getting the best out of players!

Don't forget, we were probably having this conversation last year about Igor, and look how well he done for us over the season! ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:35 pm

Feeney wrote:I thought Rafa would pull all the stops to bring Diarra back to the club - but, with him gone, Diao might just have a future at LFC after all... Rafa does have a knack of getting the best out of players!

Don't forget, we were probably having this conversation last year about Igor, and look how well he done for us over the season! ???

Lens had an option to buy Diarra at the end of the loan deal, so it was out of Rafa's hands.  He tried to convince him to stay apparently but Diarra wanted to go.

If Rafa thought Diao was worth keeping he wouldn't have loaned him out when we were so short of players last season IMO.  Althought the fact we've not brought anyone in yet  means he might get one last chance
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:56 pm

Garymac wrote:no one hates him hes just :censored:....end of.

Maybe you could use the punctuation marks to get across what you think about Diao ? After all I might think your a :censored: when in essence your just a :censored: ?

See what I mean ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:18 pm

Put him in the middle of the park for someone like Sunderland and he would do OK. He was just never going to work out at LFC and was never goimng to get the run in the side he needed to build confidence and improve.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:46 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Maybe you could use the punctuation marks to get across what you think about Diao ? After all I might think your a :censored: when in essence your just a :censored: ?

See what I mean ?

yes maybe i should from now on......you Co*k!!! Ay see i remembered that time!

Oh and lets see if Houllier comes round sniffing for him again cos he paid 5 million for him once and seems as he was so good in france, surely he could get him back for about 5 hundred thou.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:00 am

Garymac wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

See what I mean ?

yes maybe i should from now on......you Co*k!!! Ay see i remembered that time!

Oh and lets see if Houllier comes round sniffing for him again cos he paid 5 million for him once and seems as he was so good in france, surely he could get him back for about 5 hundred thou.

And there was me thinkin you were just a kn'ob wearin yer knickers too tight . Yer did remember to use the punctuation .  :D
See how simple life becomes ?

Yeah ,lets hope Houllier does come sniffin' around , and you can call him all the unpunctuated names you like without any complaint from me . My point was ,Diao didn't cut it at LFC but the fella never bad mouthed us so why are so many taking pleasure in dumping on him ?

You wanna sh'it on someone sh'it on the fella who signed him .
:kungfu:
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:41 am

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:Just read on another liverpool forum that some people think that he might be the next Patrick Vieira.

Lol....Lol....Lol....:D :D :D

i didn't know houllier was registered on any liverpool forums
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:46 am

I think that Rafa has something in mind with Salif Diao for the coming season. Might be he is trying get the best out of him and sell him for a few millions instead of getting less than one million at the moment.

By sending him to Birmingham on loan, it might be just to give him some more play time in the premiership in order for him to get used to the english style of football properly and improve his fitness.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:58 am

Don't know the details of the loan but it could be that Rafa simply wanted to save some money ,why pay someone's wages if you have no intention of using them .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:49 pm

we have a lot of games this season. gna win every competition. need a big squad. simple.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby A.B. » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:54 pm

Diao is hopeless, he makes Biscan look like "Zidane" :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Garymac » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:03 pm

PabloAimar wrote:we have a lot of games this season. gna win every competition. need a big squad. simple.

yess but you need a big squad of good players, no good if there sh!t
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:07 pm

y dnt u go play then gary mac u ugly b4stard.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Garymac » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:26 pm

PabloAimar wrote:y dnt u go play then gary mac u ugly b4stard.

1st please translate "y dnt u go play then" for me cos doesnt make a bit of fu*kin sense to me
and 2nd if im to ugly for u, what type of guy do u go for, come on lad if your gonna say somethin about me hit me were it might hurt, when did u think i woke up in the morning and thought "wow im a fuc*ing handsome ba$tard" i see this mug every morning i know how ugly i am mate, dont need some co*k on a forum reminding me thank you.

Oh and you have a weird soft spot diao which is beginning to freak me out
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion