Sad beyond belief - Even the wife feels sorry for me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm

Hi Jonnymac, I have only been a member of this site since the start of the month, but it is a brilliant forum. I have read lots of Oldredeyes posts and feel that this guy was one of the greatest posters on this site, I read his post Birthday wishes to Shankly, and it brought a tear to my eye. Just wondering whether you could set up a Hall Of Fame on this site, with Oldredeyes the first nominee to be entered. It would give newbies like me the chance to read the posts of some of the great posters, year by year you could add people. Just a thought.   :)
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:22 pm

Judge wrote:did he say why he left??

He was a bit fed up with some of the juvenile posters at the time from what i can remember.He wasnt a big GH fan either and strangely enough stopped posting just after the Frenchman got the boot.Maybe he felt he'd said all he wanted to say ???
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:25 pm

Hi Jonnymac, I have only been a member of this site since the start of the month, but it is a brilliant forum. I have read lots of Oldredeyes posts and feel that this guy was one of the greatest posters on this site, I read his post Birthday wishes to Shankly, and it brought a tear to my eye. Just wondering whether you could set up a Hall Of Fame on this site, with Oldredeyes the first nominee to be entered. It would give newbies like me the chance to read the posts of some of the great posters, year by year you could add people. Just a thought

This newbie  makes a lot of sense. I second his suggestion

This forum has over 300.000. messages, I'm sure there are a few houndreds that do not deserve to be forgotten. I search old topics often but, chances are that many good threads won't appear in my searches.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Hi Jonnymac, I have only been a member of this site since the start of the month, but it is a brilliant forum. I have read lots of Oldredeyes posts and feel that this guy was one of the greatest posters on this site, I read his post Birthday wishes to Shankly, and it brought a tear to my eye. Just wondering whether you could set up a Hall Of Fame on this site, with Oldredeyes the first nominee to be entered. It would give newbies like me the chance to read the posts of some of the great posters, year by year you could add people. Just a thought.   :)

Good idea.I'll nominate Old red eyes,supersub and Big Al just to get the ball rolling.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks for the seconded on this idea Sabre. I think it would be great to have a Hall Of Fame. People only get inducted into it on a yearly basis, maybe we could vote for nominees with Jonnymac and other forum moderators making the final decision.
   I can think of 3 posters straight away, who I would put up for induction. It would be really exclusive and be a fitting tribute to great posters over the years. Their greatest posts could be up for viewing and locked to stop spammers.

Here is an example of Oldredeyes -

Some of you will probably know already, but if old Bill Shanks was still alive today he would have reached the great age of 90 this month(Sept 2 1913). When Bill came to Liverpool, almost 44 years ago, I was a scruffy kid in Toxteth looking for a role model other than the local gangsters. Bill came along and filled all the needs of a young kid growing up in the sixties. He was the most brilliant motivator in the world and he turned a rag and bone outfit which was full of 'under - achievers' into the best club side in the world. He was a simple man from a simple background but he was outstanding as a football manager and had a fantastic affinity with people like us - the supporters. Bill will be sitting alongside Bob Paisley in that great 'boot room' in the sky and looking down at what is going on with some disbelief at times. Wherever you are Bill, Happy 90th and thanks for making a scruffy kid from Toxteth the proudest lad around.

As I said, brought a tear to my eye......
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:06 am

I vote for Chelseaforever,Mudface and Nancyboys...........:D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:14 am

drummerphil wrote:I vote for Chelseaforever,Mudface and Nancyboys...........:D

only joking btw ........good idea but open for abuse in the way i can see it causing rows........why him,not me ..........kind of thing.....

Then we get loads of threads like "do you like me" and "i'm leaving"

we get some very fickle people around these parts....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bbw » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:15 pm

Can't the mods or someone e-mail him to check how he is, or let him know he is being thought about? People like oldredeyes are important.
bbw

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:51 pm

People who post with the sort of quality and clarity of his topic starter here will always be missed. I don't think I ever saw him here since I've been around but if this contribution is a fair repesentation of his input then he most surely would be welcome back.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:54 pm

yes oldredeyes was a superb poster and one of the mainstays of this forum when i first joined. big al was another one but he no longer posts either :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:56 pm

is john bull still around? he had some good stuff to say if i remember (if he is online, then ive forgotten that i drink too much and memory sucks)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:is john bull still around? he had some good stuff to say if i remember (if he is online, then ive forgotten that i drink too much and memory sucks)

he's another one of the pessemists who only ever comes on now when we get beat.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:02 pm

well, sod him

i have read a fair few of red eyes posts (weird but this was last week, and i was sure he was back... but were just buped posts, hillsborough related... very hard to read but a must if you want to understand), most a bit emotional for me when im at work as for class like that i like to take my time. its nice to see people articulate how they are feeling so well.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion