Sack rafa part deaux - Yeh good one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 am

phil_cool wrote:I didn't start the insults, I didn't insult five or six members because their opinion differed from mine. So just who is showing disrespect? Maybe you have a different idea of hypocrisy but when one person is calling people dimwits and c.unts for no other reason than they offered a different opinion and then someone else tries to cast the blame elsewhere ....... that is hypocricy.

I'd wind my neck in, if I were you.

You chat sh*t - I point it out bluntly.

You call me "mentally challenged" then cry about being called names.

Here's an idea: F*ck off. We're sick and tired of alter-egos, you sad, unimaginative polyp on the scrotum of society.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
phil_cool wrote:I think lando and bigmick should try to ignore each other. Lando because he obviously can't discuss football in a sensible manner, and bigmick because he should know better than to pick on the mentally challenged.

At what point did Mick pick on you?

I'd out-fox you in my sleep, you empty-headed punk.

You shouldn't talk to yourself like that, someone will come and take you away...... hopefully.
phil_cool

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:22 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
phil_cool wrote:I didn't start the insults, I didn't insult five or six members because their opinion differed from mine. So just who is showing disrespect? Maybe you have a different idea of hypocrisy but when one person is calling people dimwits and c.unts for no other reason than they offered a different opinion and then someone else tries to cast the blame elsewhere ....... that is hypocricy.

I'd wind my neck in, if I were you.

You chat sh*t - I point it out bluntly.

You call me "mentally challenged" then cry about being called names.

Here's an idea: F*ck off. We're sick and tired of alter-egos, you sad, unimaginative polyp on the scrotum of society.

And I bluntly mentioned your mental limitations but only after you had called me a dimwit.

Tut tut temper temper
phil_cool

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:24 am

There's nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:24 am

bigmick wrote:One argument that such a good performance does expose as being nonsense of course is the notion that we can't possibly compete with these top teams. Whether it be because we are either a) outgunned financially b) stymied by boardroom shenanighans or c) simply not good enough it doesn't matter, all three prongs of the arguement are incorrect.

We are at least the equal of the Manchester United team which took the field at Anfield, and much the better team when Gerrard plays. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever as far as i can see that we shouldn't set our aim at the very least of finishing above them this season. That's sometimes the trouble with excuses, you wheel them out when you need them but on the occasions that you don't, they're shown up for being nonsense.

I don't think that is true. Gerrard has not been showing any kind of form this year. It was, perhaps, fortunate that he did not participate in the game?

He has not got the ability to control a game. His presence is mostly physical. And I feel he has not been covering his area properly when defending. He has allowed opponents space and time on the ball. This must be fixed immediately.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:28 am

banana wrote:I don't think that is true. Gerrard has not been showing any kind of form this year. It was, perhaps, fortunate that he did not participate in the game?

He has not got the ability to control a game. His presence is mostly physical. And I feel he has not been covering his area properly when defending. He has allowed opponents space and time on the ball. This must be fixed immediately.

I agree with you that Gerrard has been below his very best mate, but I still think he offers more than either Benayoun or Kuyt in the hole (although Benayoun had a good game) or Lucas in midfield (he played well too).

Sometimes when players set quite such high standards it's easy to forget actually how good they are.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:29 am

bigmick wrote:nothing's worse than aggressive stupidity.

and lando's nothing
phil_cool

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

kazza wrote:Quite sad how after a great win against our main rival some come on here trying to downplay the win (ie "don't get too excited, it's only one win"). No need to get defensive and justify yourselves just enjoy it as the great win it was, if you cannot do that then there is no point of supporting this team. If you are a real supporter then when the team wins we all win, right? This proves that some are only intrested in complaining, even when we win. :no

From my point of view if we had the worst season ever and lost all matches but beat the Mancs I would celebrate after the match.

Not for the first time I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick here. I don't think anybody is "playing down the win", nor do I think that any Liverpool fan didn't celebrate it.

When I said earlier that people were overreacting, I meant that they were and are being slightly over zealous with their predictable "so where are the c...s now" comments. Being concerned when the team has lost four games on the bounce is entirely legitimate, and fantastic though it is to beat the Mancs, it doesn't unfortunately erase that.

People over reacted when they said we should sack the manager, and now people are over reacting by calling anybody who said a negative word a c...

Just another day on the forum really.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:40 am

bigmick wrote:
banana wrote:I don't think that is true. Gerrard has not been showing any kind of form this year. It was, perhaps, fortunate that he did not participate in the game?

I agree with you that Gerrard has been below his very best mate, but I still think he offers more than either Benayoun or Kuyt in the hole (although Benayoun had a good game) or Lucas in midfield (he played well too).

Sometimes when players set quite such high standards it's easy to forget actually how good they are.

Then he has to improve his game immediately. Gerrard has been on the field in most of our defeats. He has not been able to turn those defeats into wins.

I have to be so honest as to say that my first 5 names on the teamsheet would be:

Torres
Reina
Mascherano
Agger
Benayoun

I think that most unbiased supporters must agree on this. I have been particularly disappointed this year by Skrtl (a player I was very very pleased with last year) and Gerrard (he has tried but failed to step up to the plate after Alonso left).
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:45 am

bigmick wrote:
kazza wrote:Quite sad how after a great win against our main rival some come on here trying to downplay the win (ie "don't get too excited, it's only one win"). No need to get defensive and justify yourselves just enjoy it as the great win it was, if you cannot do that then there is no point of supporting this team. If you are a real supporter then when the team wins we all win, right? This proves that some are only intrested in complaining, even when we win. :no

From my point of view if we had the worst season ever and lost all matches but beat the Mancs I would celebrate after the match.

Not for the first time I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick here. I don't think anybody is "playing down the win", nor do I think that any Liverpool fan didn't celebrate it.

When I said earlier that people were overreacting, I meant that they were and are being slightly over zealous with their predictable "so where are the c...s now" comments. Being concerned when the team has lost four games on the bounce is entirely legitimate, and fantastic though it is to beat the Mancs, it doesn't unfortunately erase that.

People over reacted when they said we should sack the manager, and now people are over reacting by calling anybody who said a negative word a c...

Just another day on the forum really.

I've got the end with no sh1t on it, which one are you holding. You tell me I do not understand then you go on and contradict yourself (how bigmick of you). You would think that after a great win we would get a rest from the doom and gloom until at least the next bad result. Honestly Mick, deep down, are you happy we won or does it pre-empt the whinging session loosly covered up by lots of waffle.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 am

was it great to beat the mancs? - yes
did we play really well? - yes
are we as good as we were last season? - no
should that be a cause for concern? - yes

simple, isn't it?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:00 am

andy_g wrote:was it great to beat the mancs? - yes
did we play really well? - yes
are we as good as we were last season? - no
should that be a cause for concern? - yes

simple, isn't it?

Yes.

Do the victory of yesterday suggest that if we have a normal luck with injuries unlike so far we'll be solving lots of the problems we have shown so far? IMHO yes.

That is, should we expect that the rest of the season's pattern will be like the awful start of the season? IMHO no.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:16 am

Dazzer wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
Reg wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
phil_cool wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Dazzer wrote:I personaly think fans that protect managers can do more harm then good most of time so reg think about that

Care to explain how those fans make more harm than good?

And what do you mean by tarnish and discredit, sentences like the one you wrote in the first page?

Thank you Dazzer.

Here ya go have a read.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discredit

O and thanks for welcome Hi right back at ya.

Yeh, I know what it means. But just as it's not right to call someone names because he doesn't trust in the manager, a thing that it's pretty normal in a football fan, it's not right what you said about people who "protects" the manager.

It's only fair, because at the end of the day we're all fans. Respect is a thing that must go both ways

What have I said about people that protect the manager ?

I remeber saying I am happy for them didn't I ?

You said they are damaging the club.
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:20 am

I think i should back myself up here by saying i have not said Rafa should be sacked, what i have said is I THINK RAFA WILL GET THE SACK

and in truth i still think if the results over the next 5 games are not good he will still get the sack.
us beating a big team like MAN U was always a givin, its what Rafa is best at, its when we play the lower teams he has the problems.

to sort this out he need to let Sammy have more input on how we play the smaller clubs.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 am

lakes10 wrote:I think i should back myself up here by saying i have not said Rafa should be sacked, what i have said is I THINK RAFA WILL GET THE SACK

and in truth i still think if the results over the next 5 games are not good he will still get the sack.
us beating a big team like MAN U was always a givin, its what Rafa is best at, its when we play the lower teams he has the problems.

to sort this out he need to let Sammy have more input on how we play the smaller clubs.

The same sammy lee who couldnt beat an egg when manager of Bolton - tell me once again why Rafa should let sammy have more input when it comes to playing the smaller clubs ?! Sammy is great at motivation and applying Rafas idea not tactics .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion