Sack rafa part deaux - Yeh good one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:18 am

phil_cool wrote:I think lando and bigmick should try to ignore each other. Lando because he obviously can't discuss football in a sensible manner, and bigmick because he should know better than to pick on the mentally challenged.

Another candidate for the "suck bigmick's @rshole club".

Your badge is in the mail.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 am

kazza wrote:
phil_cool wrote:I think lando and bigmick should try to ignore each other. Lando because he obviously can't discuss football in a sensible manner, and bigmick because he should know better than to pick on the mentally challenged.

not really Kazza, I just don't see the need for all the insults just because their opinion doesn't happen to coincide with his.
phil_cool

Postby made in UK » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 am

:laugh:
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:29 am

phil_cool wrote:
kazza wrote:

not really Kazza, I just don't see the need for all the insults just because their opinion doesn't happen to coincide with his.

In this forum it has become fashionable to berate the team. Maybe Lando readdresses the balance.

Word to the wise... Calling Lando mentally challenged because his opinion of mick is different to yours, could be consisdered hypocritical
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:34 am

We where very poor in our pre season games, we have lost our best player from last season. All our spainish entourage was away all summer.
Rafa didnt get Tevez or Silva two players he really wanted to add an extra dimention to our attack but them b@stard owners wouldnt release funds for us to buy another world class attacker.

And even though Glen Johnson has added an another attacking option, Carra was used to the protection that Arbeloa offered us, hence his nervous start to the season and Skyrtels loss of form.

Whether Rafa should have bought a fit midfielder instead of Aquillani time will tell, hardly none of us have seen him play yet so I will reserve my judgement on him, but if he slots in and does an Alonso job then it was the correct decision to buy him.

Its ok pointing the finger at Rafa but the players and owners also have a lot to answer to, tired players being on internationals and owners not investing in better players.
And when people are slagging Rafa off they forget the other factors.

We are still the same side as last season minus our midfield maestro, I feel that result against the mancs will lift us now our side is capable of going on a 10 game winning streak, confidence will be high now and the team just need to believe in themselves.

What is imperitive in january is that we buy another striker, Torres cannot play every single game and if everyone is pulling and working together fans included then we will win a trophy this season, dont ask me which one but we will.

Get behind the manager and the players and that will heap huge rewards.

Another thing I forgot to add is in January Chelsea will lose around 4 or 5 players to the African Nations, they will miss Drogba, Essien and co, they will also get injuries and bans, so even tho they are flyin high now that will not last the season.

The mancs havent been playing well either and an injury or 3 match ban for Rooney will see them go into free fall.

You can lose 24/28 points in a season and still win the league, if you think I am going to give up on us winning the league in October then think again. Never write the tricky reds off never.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:35 am

kazza wrote:
phil_cool wrote:
kazza wrote:

In this forum it has become fashionable to berate the team. Maybe Lando readdresses the balance.

I thought this thread was started to berate the manager not the team. I think we are all Liverpool supporters, and support the team. It just seems to me that some would be happier if it was called Rafa's eleven rather than Liverpool fc.

I think it would be to everyones advantage if he tried to redress the balance through sound argument, rather than soundbites and insults.
phil_cool

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:41 am

phil_cool wrote:I thought this thread was started to berate the manager not the team. I think we are all Liverpool supporters, and support the team. It just seems to me that some would be happier if it was called Rafa's eleven rather than Liverpool fc.

I think it would be to everyones advantage if he tried to redress the balance through sound argument, rather than soundbites and insults.

So you could probably start by not assuming that the members that defend the manager would be happier if this wasn't called Liverpool FC but Rafa F.C.

To give the advice, you shouldn't write the bóllocks of the first sentence. What kind of argument is this

" It just seems to me that some would be happier if it was called Rafa's eleven rather than Liverpool fc."

Sensible discussion? hah.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

Sabre wrote:
phil_cool wrote:I thought this thread was started to berate the manager not the team. I think we are all Liverpool supporters, and support the team. It just seems to me that some would be happier if it was called Rafa's eleven rather than Liverpool fc.

So you could probably start by not assuming that the members that defend the manager would be happier if this wasn't called Liverpool FC but Rafa F.C.

To give the advice, you shouldn't write the bóllocks of the first sentence. What kind of argument is this

" It just seems to me that some would be happier if it was called Rafa's eleven rather than Liverpool fc."

Sensible discussion? hah.

Its called hyperbole
phil_cool

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:54 am

Its called hyperbole

Indeed and what it magnifies is aimed to belittle the posters you're talking about.

When the insults you say are jokes not to offend anyone, but the insults you receive are abuse that will keep you off the forum, that's hypocrisy.

The truth is that respect must come from both sides, not just from one side as some people suggest.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:02 am

I didn't start the insults, I didn't insult five or six members because their opinion differed from mine. So just who is showing disrespect? Maybe you have a different idea of hypocrisy but when one person is calling people dimwits and c.unts for no other reason than they offered a different opinion and then someone else tries to cast the blame elsewhere ....... that is hypocricy.
phil_cool

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:07 am

Let's see if our form has been that impressive. I'm going to base results instead on last season's finishing positions of 1st-25th (with 21st, 22nd and 25th being promoted sides) This is better than basing it on early season form where positions can be somewhat false.

LIVERPOOL 09/10 PREMIERSHIP RESULTS BY 08/09 STANDINGS

01-04 : P2 W1 D0 L1 F2 A2 PTS 3 (1.50 Pts/Game)
05-10 : P3 W1 D0 L2 F5 A7 PTS 3 (1.00 Pts/Game)
11-17 : P4 W3 D0 L1 F13 A4 PTS 9 (2.25 Pts/Game)
18-20 : N/A
21-25 : P1 W1 D0 L0 F4 A0 PTS 3 (3.00 Pts/Game)

So in five games against sides that finished in the top half this season we've picked up two wins, six points and just seven goals, in the five games against sides that finished in the bottom half or got promoted last season we've picked up four wins and 17 goals

01-10 : P5 W2 D0 L3 F7 A9 PTS 6 (1.20 Pts/Game, 1.40 goals/game)
11-25 : P5 W4 D0 L1 F17 A4 PTS 12 (2.40 Pts/Game, 3.40 goals/game)

One of this season's two wins against last season's top 10 was over struggling West Ham, I seriously doubt wins over Hull, Stoke, Bolton or Burnley are so impressive someone would argue that makes everything ok. West Ham finished 10th, Stoke 12th, Bolton 13th and Hull narrowly avoided relegation in 17th while Burnley finished 5th in the Championship and came up via the play-offs.

Even if you look at results by current position it doesn't look much better

01 : Chelsea L0-2
02 : Man Utd W2-0
04 : Tottenham L1-2
07 : A Villa L1-3
08 : Sunderland L0-1
09 : Stoke W4-0
11 : Burnley W4-0
12 : Bolton W3-2
18 : West Ham W3-2
19 : Hull W6-1

01-10 : P6 W2 D0 L4 F8 A8 PTS 6 (Pts/Game 1.00, Goals/Game 1.33)
11-20 : P4 W4 D0 L0 F16 A5 PTS 12 (Pts/Game 3.00, Goals/Game 4.00)

But that aside, I looked at up and coming fixtures. IF we were to win our next six league fixtures, including games against Fulham, Arsenal (h), bitters, Citeh, Swine Flu Rovers and Brum, then we could make a lot of ground on the top two as Chelsea play the mancs, Citeh and Arsenal away, while the mancs play Chelsea. So if Chelsea beat the mancs and lose away to Citeh and Arsenal then that could leave us within a point of those teams. But it is a big if, the way we're playing to win 100% of six games is a big ask when we've won only 60% of all our league games this season and haven't won more than five league games in a row since 2005/06 - made no easier by our predicament in Europe where we've used up our losses and another loss could make qualifying very difficult. Europe has always had some impact on our league form, last season we coped as the costliest league dip happened after the group stages and the knockouts only began one game before the end of that dip - hence we won 4-0 at Anfield against Real Madrid then 4-1 at old twatford. Our only other CL game away from home was in London, lost that tie overall by a poor home display
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

NANNY RED wrote:GET OUT OF OUR THREAD
GET OUT OF OUR THREAD
YOU RAFA BASHER
GET OUT OF OUR THREAD

lAKES GET OUT OF OUR THREAD

:D
come on nanny you can do better than that lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

NANNY RED wrote:GET OUT OF OUR THREAD
GET OUT OF OUR THREAD
YOU RAFA BASHER
GET OUT OF OUR THREAD

lAKES GET OUT OF OUR THREAD

:D  haha love it :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 am

At what point did Mick pick on you?

I'd out-fox you in my sleep, you empty-headed punk.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:you empty-headed punk.

:laugh: Havent heard punk for years :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion