Sack rafa part deaux - Yeh good one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:21 am

Dazzer wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Let me see - Ok you want to know how Rafa will get them up against mid table and bottom half teams and im showing that we have already stuffed hull,burnley and stoke as well as beating both bolton and west ham so there is a little bit of proof about rafa and the players against those teams.

Will refer you once again to this post which you failed to respond to Dazzer  :;):

Those teams you put thier are poor and will most likely be in bottom 3 come end of season it is no +++ for a top 4 manager to beat them and beat them easy.

My point is when we have up to yesterday come up vs a team with any level fo play in them we have found it very hard.I hope today we put it behind us and go on good run but I really doubt it.

Surely those are the matches which hold the least attraction/motivation for our players, then, soft lad?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:23 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Let me see - Ok you want to know how Rafa will get them up against mid table and bottom half teams and im showing that we have already stuffed hull,burnley and stoke as well as beating both bolton and west ham so there is a little bit of proof about rafa and the players against those teams.

Will refer you once again to this post which you failed to respond to Dazzer  :;):

Those teams you put thier are poor and will most likely be in bottom 3 come end of season it is no +++ for a top 4 manager to beat them and beat them easy.

My point is when we have up to yesterday come up vs a team with any level fo play in them we have found it very hard.I hope today we put it behind us and go on good run but I really doubt it.

Surely those are the matches which hold the least attraction/motivation for our players, then, soft lad?

Haha you are fishing tonight arn't you lando.... You just made a complete daft post well done I won't even answer it because it is so daft.  :glare: right back at ya.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:23 am

bigmick wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:"Bliiiiiip - pitiful attempt at humour by 'BigMick', a forum member devoid of all wit and intellect." -

???  Not by any chance trying to lure me into one of your flame wars are you Lando?

bliiiiiiiiiiip wasn't and isn't an attempt at humour. No it was used to signify a long "blip".  See each time we lost a match, people at that time would call it a blip. It kind of becomes a bliiiiiiip when you've lost a few on the bounce. They don't really use blip anymore, usually these days they just say "it's the owners", or "it's down to the players innit". Either that or they go off on some ill informed ramble about how good Manchester United were when Rafa arrived at Anfield, or talk nonsense about how much money we haven't spent.

Hope that clears it all up :).

Or they try to get all big and clever with me, you mean?

If you think that in 2004 Man U didn't have most of the players which served them well over the next half-decade, you need to do something:

Go to bed - you've got to get up for school in a few hours.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:"Bliiiiiip - pitiful attempt at humour by 'BigMick', a forum member devoid of all wit and intellect." -

???  Not by any chance trying to lure me into one of your flame wars are you Lando?

bliiiiiiiiiiip wasn't and isn't an attempt at humour. No it was used to signify a long "blip".  See each time we lost a match, people at that time would call it a blip. It kind of becomes a bliiiiiiip when you've lost a few on the bounce. They don't really use blip anymore, usually these days they just say "it's the owners", or "it's down to the players innit". Either that or they go off on some ill informed ramble about how good Manchester United were when Rafa arrived at Anfield, or talk nonsense about how much money we haven't spent.

If you think that in 2004 Man U didn't have most of the players which served them well over the next half-decade, you need to do something:

I think lando is benny the loon.  :buttrock  :laugh:  :cool:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 am

Dazzer wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Dazzer wrote:Have given him credit but just not in topic not like he see's this any ways so falls on deaf ears tbph.Maybe if the topic was headed lets all cheer for rafa's 1 good win all season then I might have typed a thank you.

But it was a good win none the less.

:laugh:  1 good win, dear god kid sort it out. Hes done a hell of a lot for us down the years cant you see the bigger picture?

what I'm saying is when we lose its Rafa's failt and when we win its in spite of...

It really is getting tiresome

No I think credit goes to rafa and backroom staff but tbh its not a hard game to get the players up for.Its the midtable games I be watching with keen instrest those will be the games we will be benchmarking our season on come april time and you know that is true.

How odd.

In the first couple of seasons it was "the big games".

Last season it was "the games against the small clubs."

Now it's "the midtable games..."

What will it be next year; "the reserve matches"?  :glare:

I dunno lando I wasn't on these forums when those statements was made ? so whats your point ? Am I getting blamed for them ?

I read the same rubbish from various posters and after a while it all blends into one big dollop of sh*t.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:27 am

Well this topic is pretty much dead.  :D
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:09 am

Dazzer wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Haha you are fishing tonight arn't you lando.... You just made a complete daft post well done I won't even answer it because it is so daft.  :glare: right back at ya.

Let me get this straight.

Hang on - I just need to enter the 4th dimension and study the most challenging subjects intensively for 6-months, with the World's leading experts as my tutors to wrestle with the sheer brilliance of your post.

SO brilliant, in fact, I recreate it, here, in all it's supreme glory:

"Haha you are fishing tonight arn't you lando.... You just made a complete daft post well done I won't even answer it because it is so daft.  :glare: right back at ya."

Outstanding. Superb. MAGNIFICENT!

You'll notice the missing "e" in "aren't", the lack of "ly" on the end of "complete", the repetition of the word "daft" and the fact that syntax is absent without leave: No slavish devotion to grammar from THIS Literary Leviathan.

Dickens, Chaucer, Shakespeare: The three greatest linguists of their time whose work redefined the course of literature for centuries - until today:

Step forward, "Dazzer"; your time is now. You alone can reinvent the word and rescue this damnable planet from the curse of semantics, phonology, phraseology and phonetics.

Do not let us mere mortals keep you any longer - go! You MUST answer your calling and save us all from dodgy spelling and questionable sentence structure. Before you do, please deign to review the following passage (and what a passage!) from thine own blessed fingers:

"Those teams you put thier are poor and will most likely be in bottom 3 come end of season it is no +++ for a top 4 manager to beat them and beat them easy."

My reply;

"Surely those are the matches which hold the least attraction/motivation for our players, then, soft lad?"

Forgive me, sweet Master, but my quandray was simply this:

If the problems we face are because Rafa cannot motivate his players, why did we beat the teams where said players would need extra managerial motivation?

Do you think your Sainted self could answer that (and in the process allow us simple surfs to feast upon more of your erudite exposition and delightful discourse)?
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:15 am

Dazzer wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
bigmick wrote:

I think lando is benny the loon.  :buttrock  :laugh:  :cool:

Now, now - let the man answer for himself...  :;):

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:21 am

bigmick wrote:One argument that such a good performance does expose as being nonsense of course is the notion that we can't possibly compete with these top teams. Whether it be because we are either a) outgunned financially b) stymied by boardroom shenanighans or c) simply not good enough it doesn't matter, all three prongs of the arguement are incorrect.

We are at least the equal of the Manchester United team which took the field at Anfield, and much the better team when Gerrard plays. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever as far as i can see that we shouldn't set our aim at the very least of finishing above them this season. That's sometimes the trouble with excuses, you wheel them out when you need them but on the occasions that you don't, they're shown up for being nonsense.

:sleep

Your silliness makes me sleepy.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:23 am

fivecups wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Much better to be realistic and start focussing our efforts on the cups :)

Well, I for one will be well fecked off if we don't play our best eleven on Wednesday. I think we can all agree the leagues gone and CL qualification aint going to happen so at least we can redeem the season by winning a trophy.

:)

How much are you spending on weed, friend?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 am

fivecups wrote:
baldricks_cunning_plan wrote:
fivecups wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Much better to be realistic and start focussing our efforts on the cups :)

Well, I for one will be well fecked off if we don't play our best eleven on Wednesday. I think we can all agree the leagues gone and CL qualification aint going to happen so at least we can redeem the season by winning a trophy.

:)

No soft lad we can't all agree the league has gone. So that's silly even suggesting we can.

Just saying we should have all the big guns out on Wednesday as the Carling Cups our only realistic chance of a trophy this season.  :)

£80 per week?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 am

bigmick wrote:
dave82 wrote:i always believe that we can win the league until it's mathematically impossible,that is the liverpool spirit and any true fan knows this

:) Well I always beleive we CAN win the league until it's mathematically impossible as well, in the same sense as Bolton CAN still win it this season. Somewhere in between CAN, WILL, SHOULD and ABSOLUTELY CANNOT though, are different degrees of likelyhood.

Despite myself I find it interesting sometimes to discuss on here the likelyhood of certain scenarios. As the results come in, the tides shift and with them do your opinions. From CAN, to WON'T to POSSIBLY CAN BUT PROBABLY WON"T can all happen within the space of a couple of weeks.

It all probably means I'm not a true fan for daring to consider such things, but I just can't help it.

No. You're a fickle, moaning idiot is what it means...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:32 am

phil_cool wrote:For me Rafa is a bit like Riise. Hard working gets the odd spectacular match winner but is also prone to making mistakes that cost us games. I liked Riise but could fully understand why we looked for better, same with Rafa.

Dimwit.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 am

Quite sad how after a great win against our main rival some come on here trying to downplay the win (ie "don't get too excited, it's only one win"). No need to get defensive and justify yourselves just enjoy it as the great win it was, if you cannot do that then there is no point of supporting this team. If you are a real supporter then when the team wins we all win, right? This proves that some are only intrested in complaining, even when we win. :no

From my point of view if we had the worst season ever and lost all matches but beat the Mancs I would celebrate after the match.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phil_cool » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 am

I think lando and bigmick should try to ignore each other. Lando because he obviously can't discuss football in a sensible manner, and bigmick because he should know better than to pick on the mentally challenged.
phil_cool

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion