Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu May 28, 2009 4:16 pm

He could also rap for you.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Don't listen to that muck, mate....Ye can't beat a bit of Paul Weller, early Simple Minds, Big Country....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Fingers crossed xxxxx

Tottenham boss Redknapp to bid for Liverpool's Babel

Tottenham are chasing Liverpool winger Ryan Babel.

The Daily Star Sunday says Babel, 22, who moved to Anfield in 2007, cost Liverpool £11.5million as they saw off competition from Arsenal for the highly-rated youngster.

Babel has yet to establish himself as a regular member of the side and has become frustrated after being used mostly as a substitute.

The Dutch international has spoken of his disappointment with manager Rafa Benitez. The former Ajax star is also wanted by several Spanish clubs.

But he likes England and a switch to Spurs could be on the cards as Redknapp seems to have given up on England winger David Bentley.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:04 pm

He has given up on Bentley so he decides to go after Babel? ???

Great news! :D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Wash his face, cut his hair, polish his shoes and get him off to Lime Street asap.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Reg wrote:Fingers crossed xxxxx

Tottenham boss Redknapp to bid for Liverpool's Babel

Tottenham are chasing Liverpool winger Ryan Babel.

The Daily Star Sunday says Babel, 22, who moved to Anfield in 2007, cost Liverpool £11.5million as they saw off competition from Arsenal for the highly-rated youngster.

Babel has yet to establish himself as a regular member of the side and has become frustrated after being used mostly as a substitute.

The Dutch international has spoken of his disappointment with manager Rafa Benitez. The former Ajax star is also wanted by several Spanish clubs.

But he likes England and a switch to Spurs could be on the cards as Redknapp seems to have given up on England winger David Bentley.

Redknapp you fool  :D I would Ship him about for about 5-6 million and happy days.
Last edited by Fauxy on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fauxy

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:53 am

I reckon rafa will want what he payed back and that will help our budget no end.
Very wasteful player and has a habit of running straight into the oppo, right to get rid and if we get our money back no harm done.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:48 am

Well if we can get £7m off spudz then we should consider it, but surely Redknapp isn't stupid? Babel has not been great this season and I don't think he's better than Bentley. Maybe we should offer a straight swap deal.....................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:36 pm

Owzat wrote:Well if we can get £7m off spudz then we should consider it, but surely Redknapp isn't stupid? Babel has not been great this season and I don't think he's better than Bentley. Maybe we should offer a straight swap deal.....................

Id rather have £7 million than Bentley
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Fauxy wrote:
Owzat wrote:Well if we can get £7m off spudz then we should consider it, but surely Redknapp isn't stupid? Babel has not been great this season and I don't think he's better than Bentley. Maybe we should offer a straight swap deal.....................

Id rather have £7 million than Bentley

Seriously? I doubt we'd get £7m for Babel on this season's form, the chances are we could get that or more for Bentley if he didn't work out.
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 am

First Rafa says he is a good young player and now this? I think he will be staying after all.

Ryan Babel: Give me one last chance at Liverpool FC

RYAN BABEL wants another chance to prove he can become more than just an Anfield supersub next season.

The Dutch youngster has struggled for consistency since his £11 million move from Ajax two years ago and looked likely to be made available this summer.

But after ending his season with a substitute appearance for Holland last night, he insisted he wants to stay at Anfield and fight for his future.

The Dutchman could fetch around £10m in the transfer market, but his agent Winnie Haatrecht said: “Ryan is very happy at Liverpool and clearly doesn't want to leave.

"He still has a three-year contract.”

Babel's impact since he arrived at Anfield has been largely as a goalscoring substitute.

His goal at West Ham in May was his ninth from the subs' bench, halfway to David Fairclough's incredible club record of 18 supersub strikes. But boss Rafa Benitez made it clear he would be happy if Babel failed to match Fairclough’s achievement after challenging the player to establish himself as a permanent fixture in his starting line-up.

“Ryan has done well as an impact player, which is not easy when you are young, but we think he can do more than that,” Benitez said.

“Our view of Ryan is a player who starts games and has an impact from the beginning. But first of all he has to improve tactically.”

Babel started only 13 times last season, and was left out of the squad altogether twice in the final month of the campaign.

But when Benitez spoke recently about young players who he hoped could make an impact next season, he pointedly included the Dutch youngster.

“I'm positive because we were talking recently about how Fernando [Torres] and Steven Gerrard didn't play together for a long time,” he said.

“Hopefully, they will manage that more next season – and we also have good young players like David Ngog, Nabil El Zhar, Ryan Babel and Emiliano Insua coming through.

“We have a very good squad but we can still improve a little bit. How much – enough to win the title? I'm sure it will be enough to compete.”

Babel reprised a familiar role last night, coming on as a substitute as Holland celebrated their qualification for the World Cup finals with a 2-0 win over Norway.

Six Liverpool players, meanwhile, are preparing for the Confederations Cup which kicks off this weekend in South Africa, the Spanish quintet of Torres, Alonso, Riera, Reina and Arbeloa – plus Italian full-back Andrea Dossena.

Torres played the full 90 minutes of Spain's final warm-up match against Azerbaijan earlier this week, and boss Vicente del Bosque explained: “The players from the Premier League had gone 15 days without playing and (Santi) Cazorla had been carrying an injury.

“Therefore we tried to distribute the time, although we gave more to Torres because we wanted him to score. It was important for morale.”

----------

Good to see Rafa want's him to start more but Ryan must realise he needs to improve too.
Last edited by tubby on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm

Sorry, but do you or does anyone know where this "could fetch around £10m in the transfer market" comes from?!?! The agent? Babel? Either of their backsides? The land of nod? I would move to have anyone paying £10m for Babel locked up in a funny farm, anyone who had that much money to waste would surely not bother with Babel?

That said I reckon Wenger could easily spend £10m on Babel and make him look quality, he seems to get better out of players than they're capable of! Can't see him spending £10m on Babel though
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 pm

It's obviousley nice hearing he wants to stay but he's got to prove it.

Hopefully if he stays, he'll know he's in the 'last chance saloon' and we'll see more performances like Real Madrid and less like Boro away.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rorschach26 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 pm

good thing is hes still young and has time to improve, id be gutted if we sold him for 5/6million(buttons in football these days) and he went on to be a superstar in another team
he has massive potential and deserves more then a couple of seasons to show it
but he does have to show more fight when hes on the pitch
Rorschach26

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Hopefully with it being a world cup year he will really give it his all. When does his contract expire btw? Although I can't see Rafa giving him a new contract now I wouldn't want to see a situation develop where he does well next season and also does well for Holland comes back and only has a year remaining and leaves for cheap....

Anyone?
Last edited by tubby on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion