RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matt1974 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Babel's a frustrating player. You sense that it is all going to click one day and we'll have a real superstar on our hands. Yet you wonder at times if his potential will burst out. Guess I have to be a little bit more patient and hopefully, will soon be rewarded. Maybe if the Stuart Downing rumours are true, it might give Ryan a jolt to up the ante?
matt1974

Postby Reg » Wed May 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Downing would be a step backwards not an improvement.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 pm

matt1974 wrote:Babel's a frustrating player. You sense that it is all going to click one day and we'll have a real superstar on our hands. Yet you wonder at times if his potential will burst out. Guess I have to be a little bit more patient and hopefully, will soon be rewarded. Maybe if the Stuart Downing rumours are true, it might give Ryan a jolt to up the ante?

If he hasnt done it by now I doubt if he ever will. He doesnt seem to grasp whats needed from him. Heskey was the same for me. Talented but too casual and just content to do enough. Its a shame about babel for me because I think if it clicked in his head he would be scary
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby matt1974 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
matt1974 wrote:Babel's a frustrating player. You sense that it is all going to click one day and we'll have a real superstar on our hands. Yet you wonder at times if his potential will burst out. Guess I have to be a little bit more patient and hopefully, will soon be rewarded. Maybe if the Stuart Downing rumours are true, it might give Ryan a jolt to up the ante?

If he hasnt done it by now I doubt if he ever will. He doesnt seem to grasp whats needed from him. Heskey was the same for me. Talented but too casual and just content to do enough. Its a shame about babel for me because I think if it clicked in his head he would be scary

I suppose so. It is just I've this horrible feeling he'll go someplace else, LFC draw his new team in Europe and he proceeds to wreak havoc!
matt1974

Postby Sir Roger » Thu May 28, 2009 12:04 am

matt1974 wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

I suppose so. It is just I've this horrible feeling he'll go someplace else, LFC draw his new team in Europe and he proceeds to wreak havoc!

Like keane?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu May 28, 2009 8:18 am

Reg wrote:Downing would be a step backwards not an improvement.

Like Barry, I consider Downing somewhat over-rated and over-priced - a not untypical trait with English players. Rafa would do well to steer clear of either of them unless he manages to get them for a fair price. If we fork out £25m-£30m for the pair then I think Rafa should feck off now, they'd add little quality to the side and waste money better spent on (a) better player(s)

I reckon Kuyt could do as good a job as either in the same role
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu May 28, 2009 12:48 pm

Babel staying at Anfield this summer, says agent

Ryan Babel will not leave Liverpool this summer, according to his agent.

The Dutch winger found first-team chances limited throughout the season and has been tipped to leave Anfield.

But his representative, Winnie Haatrecht, insists that is not the case and he hopes to hold talks soon with Reds manager Rafael Benitez.

''He is not done here yet,'' Haatrecht told AD Sportwereld. ''I will sit down soon with Mr Benitez to evaluate the season. We haven't found time to do that yet.

''Ryan went from Ajax to Liverpool to win trophies. So far that hasn't happened. Ryan wants to leave Liverpool as a regular starter with a trophy in his pocket.''

The 22-year-old made six starts all season and was a substitute 21 times.

------------

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but only if we still bring in someone of real quality who can play on the wings. That way Babel can be utilised only up front.
Last edited by tubby on Thu May 28, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu May 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Easily sorted, he came here to win trophies so give him "most disappointing player of 08/09" and wave goodbye.

Of course I do sympathise with Babel to an extent, being used where he can play rather than where he wants, and people expecting him to come off the bench and shine. I think Benayoun is a glowing example of what a player can do when given more chances and starts.

Ryan Babel (Liverpool)

Apps : 91
Mins : 4,237
Goals : 14

Goals/App : 0.154
Mins/Goal : 303
Mins/App : 47

90+ mins : 4 goals in 16 apps, 1,440 mins (0.250 goals/app, 360 mins/goal)
60-89 mins : 1 goal in 25 apps, 1,770 mins (0.040 goals/app, 71 mins/app)
30-59 mins : 1 goal in 7 apps, 256 mins (0.143 goals/app, 37 mins/app)
Up to 30 mins : 8 goals in 43 apps, 771 mins (0.186 goals/app, 18 mins/app)

If paw ickle wobbie was hard done by then what about Babel? Nearly half his appearances lasted less than half an hour, and how many stuck out on the left replacing Riera? In November and December last year was his best scoring spell, he played in all 13 games, scored five goals but still only played for 515 mins (40 mins/app) All five goals came off the bench, he only started four games. This season he had a run of 15 consecutive appearances, 47 mins average but only one goal.

I wouldn't read a lot into Babel's agent's comments, not from our point of view of possibly wanting to sell, but it might mean Babel is going to turn down offers. I can see a Pennant type situation arising, those that could afford a decent fee and wage won't be interested, if we accept lower offers then wages will be a stumbling block and Babel will be difficult to offload.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu May 28, 2009 1:44 pm

matt1974 wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Yeah but you're forgetting one thing, he's c.rap
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby mistyred » Thu May 28, 2009 1:57 pm

GOAT wrote:
matt1974 wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Yeah but you're forgetting one thing, he's c.rap

Better footballer than most mate, i would put money
on that.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu May 28, 2009 2:11 pm

The biggest problem with Babel is his attitude. He just doesn't seem care and look very lazy on the pitch. He looked lost on the pitch and trying to do to much. But he does have lightening speed and really can create problem for the opponents. It is true that he hasn't play one good game in a long time. I would say keep him until next Jan and sell him if he still perform badly. Usually the transfer fee in Jan would be higher.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 pm

I had dinner with 3 dutch guys on sunday night who all howled with laughter over the fact we´d bought Babel. 'Everyone knew he was all talent and no hard results' they said.

Same 3 had great respect for Dirky. :;):
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu May 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Reg wrote:I had dinner with 3 dutch guys on sunday night who all howled with laughter over the fact we´d bought Babel. 'Everyone knew he was all talent and no hard results' they said.

Same 3 had great respect for Dirky. :;):

Was it the Dutch Andy Gray, Paul Merson and Charlie Nicholas.

I don't listen to them either.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 28, 2009 2:29 pm

bavlondon wrote:Babel staying at Anfield this summer, says agent

''He is not done here yet,'' Haatrecht told AD Sportwereld. ''I will sit down soon with Mr Benitez to evaluate the season. We haven't found time to do that yet.

Different interpretation: 'Rafa hasnt told us Babel is out yet becuase we havent met with him'.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:56 pm

I'll buy him. I need someone to clean the windows, cut the grass, wash floors, do the ironing......'cos I have a pain in me hoop doing it meself, and all those lovely obliging Polish birds are leaving the country !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion