RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 18, 2009 12:52 pm

bavlondon wrote:Real Madrid are a poor side. Do not let their name make you think he played well against a good side. He has if anything gotten worse since last season and that's saying something. Rafa needs money for proven talent as we are so close to a title winning side, it's time to cut his losses and cash in on him. We will be waiting forever with this guy.

Forget a run of games. When he does play how many times does he fluff a chance on goal? Or run into opposition? Or give the ball away?

He is rubbish and not LFC standard.

A poor side but still pepe and ramos are good players and to skin both of them is a huge feat . He beat wes brown earlier on this season with a brilliant nutmeg as well . He has got talent . He has gotten worse because he has started less games .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 18, 2009 12:54 pm

GYBS wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Look at it this way , whenever he has performed , he has been dropped in the following game . Remember the Real Madrid game , he tore ramos and pepe to shreds . He has the talent , i'd go as far as saying he is more talented that riera but the thing he lacks is decision making and confidence . He has improved his left leg has well , a couple of time he has put in some good balls with his left leg compared to last season where he was mostly dependent on his right

Im sorry but i cant remember babel tearing anyone to shreads in any game this season - no performances of his stand out - torres tore shreads of pepe that day not babel . He has done thing of anything noteworthy this season bar the winner against man utd . Yes he has all the ability in the world but cant apply it . And you cant give him a run of games to get going as we cant afford to have him as a passenger on the pitch .

And why when babel is mentioned people talk about wenger turning him into a superstar ?!? Reyes had more talent than babel yet wenger failed with him as well . Wenger hasnt turned many players into world class players lately .

Firstly re watch the second leg of the real madrid game than come back and comment on it . Secondly reyes was good for arsenal , performed whenever he was asked to . The only reason he was sold was because he was homesick . The only flop signing that wenger has had has been francis jeffers
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 12:56 pm

As GYBS said he didn't do much tearing in that game. It was Torres mostly. The point is when he gets his chances he has to impress. As a side expected to challange for the league all our players have to be up for it. If he isnt then he is a passanger on the pitch and is surplus requirments to the first team and that is exactly where he finds himself. It's his own fault. If he had the quality he would show it on the pitch when he gets chances.

Yossi's situation was comparable to Babel and yet when he got his chances he made the most of them. Yossi forced his way into the 1st team, Ryan looks inept even as a sub. Babel cannot cut it here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Look at it this way , whenever he has performed , he has been dropped in the following game . Remember the Real Madrid game , he tore ramos and pepe to shreds . He has the talent , i'd go as far as saying he is more talented that riera but the thing he lacks is decision making and confidence . He has improved his left leg has well , a couple of time he has put in some good balls with his left leg compared to last season where he was mostly dependent on his right

i must have been watching a different game. Babel is awful and is one of the worst players i've seen in a red shirt in recent years.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 12:58 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Babel is awful and is one of the worst players i've seen in a red shirt in recent years.

Says it all really. And yet some people still think he has world class ability.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Im sorry but i cant remember babel tearing anyone to shreads in any game this season - no performances of his stand out - torres tore shreads of pepe that day not babel . He has done thing of anything noteworthy this season bar the winner against man utd . Yes he has all the ability in the world but cant apply it . And you cant give him a run of games to get going as we cant afford to have him as a passenger on the pitch .

And why when babel is mentioned people talk about wenger turning him into a superstar ?!? Reyes had more talent than babel yet wenger failed with him as well . Wenger hasnt turned many players into world class players lately .

Firstly re watch the second leg of the real madrid game than come back and comment on it . Secondly reyes was good for arsenal , performed whenever he was asked to . The only reason he was sold was because he was homesick . The only flop signing that wenger has had has been francis jeffers

Dont need to watch the game again - i know it was torres pace that tore up a very sh.it madrid team that day with babel providing a decent cross for gerrard to score but babel did no tearing up that day . Im sorry mate but i have stuck for him on many occasions but he hasnt produced the goods for us . His time here is coming to an end which is a shame as he does have a lot of ability but to mean he is no improvement on Mark Gonzalez - both had lots of pace but nothing else .

And wenger is such a god with these players how come they are always fightiing for 4th and havent won a thing for 5 years now ?? Reyes was toilet for arsenal on the whole .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 18, 2009 1:00 pm

We all have our opinions and i'll just bow out here than
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 18, 2009 1:06 pm

To quote the Rubettes from the 70´s  "Bye bye baby, baby bye bye....."

And I mean Babel not Toffeehater!  :laugh: :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 pm

babel has some talent and I was wanting him to have more games earlier in the season and even play 4-4-2 with Torres but the last few games he has looked completely lazy and doesn't get stuck into tackles. That is not good enough and for that reason i think we need to get rid of him, his attitude stinks.
heimdall

Postby Owzat » Thu May 21, 2009 5:49 pm

GYBS wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:The only flop signing that wenger has had has been francis jeffers

And wenger is such a god with these players how come they are always fightiing for 4th and havent won a thing for 5 years now ?? Reyes was toilet for arsenal on the whole .

Richard Wright (£6m), Edu (£6m), Van Bronckhorst (£8.5m) was decent but not great, Inamoto (£4m) was far from a success, Diawara (£2.5m), Luzhny wasn't great, Cygan.......  of course it depends on how good, bad or indifferent a signing has to be. Every manager has their share of poor signings even if only a few can be deemed "flops". Maybe not big money flops, but then he rarely signs players over £10m.

The problem with Wenger is he has had two outstanding teams, and every time he sells off the best players to start again. The "invincibles" became invisibles in a few seasons, money perhaps winning over football at the Emirates.

No doubt he has a knack for developing young players and bringing the best out of others (maybe not so young), but you "win nothing with kids" was true, no matter how much people try to make out Hansen was wrong (the team CONTAINED a few kids, but not an ENTIRE XI) Arsene can't compete with the money and wages Chelsea and Man Utd can offer, or even us or spudz or citeh, but they have gone unbeaten in a season, reached a CL final and regularly finish top two - third since Chelsea became a force. You can't knock Arsene when he's achieved a lot and finished above us a lot more than the other way around.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 27, 2009 7:50 am

First out the door, hes been told to look for another club.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpo....3720819

RYAN BABEL could become the first high-profile casualty of Rafael Benitez’s summer shake-up after being told he can leave Liverpool.

Babel’s agent Winnie Haatrecht met with the Anfield manager to discuss the player having a more prominent first-team role next season.

Benitez, though, was unable to offer such guarantees and has informed the Holland international he may now speak to other clubs during the transfer window.

That is likely to spark a chase for Babel, who became the third-most expensive player in Liverpool’s history when arriving for £11.5million from Ajax in July 2007.

Liverpool will want to recoup of much as that fee as possible, with Babel likely to command a price tag of around £8m.

Ajax, who yesterday appointed Martin Jol as new coach to succeed Marco van Basten, are thought eager to re-sign Babel but could be put off by the asking price and the player’s wages.

Babel is also certain to attract interest from Italy and Spain, with Benitez open to the possibility of using the 22-year-old as a makeweight to facilitate a possible big-money transfer.

Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and Arsenal have all been linked with a summer move for Babel and could make any interest formal.

Babel has scored 14 goals in 91 appearances for Liverpool. However, only 42 have been in a starting role – a mere six coming this calendar year – with the Dutchman having completed the full 90 minutes on just 15 occasions.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed May 27, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 am

Ciggy wrote:First out the door, hes been told to look for another club.

:D

I wonder who will take him!
He'll probably go back to Holland! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Wed May 27, 2009 8:03 am

Personally I think babel showed enough in his 1st season to suggest he'll be a success elsewhere.

He's been sh ite for us of course, but he'll make it somewhere, no doubt ???
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed May 27, 2009 8:48 am

Spain calls for him - think he would do well there
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 27, 2009 8:53 am

Either a swap for GazBaz or back to Holland for MC Hammer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion