RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:20 pm

He ain't in my eyes been given a fair run off games but tbh if rafa don't fancy him then he should go end of season for his sake and the teams money we get for him could be way to get someone in rafa does like.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 pm

pack him off to Farsley Celtic i say
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:Lennon has improved but at times can still be :censored:. That last England game he was running all over the pitch but his passing was sometimes awful.

I said that after the England game on another website, only to find some spudz fan saying he was immense. He always looked to go outside the defender onto his right foot and the crossing was mixed, one decent cross/pull back that Rooney ballooned over. Is he much better than Pennant? I haven't seen much of either recently, but doesn't beating your man and doing nothing with it describe Pennant?

Beckham comes on, knows he can't beat the defender so buys a free-kick from which England score. Good nod-back from Gerrard to make the goal mind
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Owzat wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Lennon has improved but at times can still be :censored:. That last England game he was running all over the pitch but his passing was sometimes awful.

I said that after the England game on another website, only to find some spudz fan saying he was immense. He always looked to go outside the defender onto his right foot and the crossing was mixed, one decent cross/pull back that Rooney ballooned over. Is he much better than Pennant? I haven't seen much of either recently, but doesn't beating your man and doing nothing with it describe Pennant?

Beckham comes on, knows he can't beat the defender so buys a free-kick from which England score. Good nod-back from Gerrard to make the goal mind

Since when have we judged players on a 1 game performance.

Get me some stats on him to prove I am wrong about him.  :D

Yep thats a challange.
Last edited by LegBarnes on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Forget the stats. The only stats that would save him were goals and assists, both of which will be scarce come end of season. If this was his firsty season I would say give him another year. 1 year at a club like Liverpool is an opportunity, 2 years is a waste. If he cannot motivate himself to up his performance at a club like this when we are actually challanging for the title then he doesn't deserve to wear that shirt.

Or the problem is probably something else, something which most have suspected for a while. He isnt :censored: good enough so he can :censored: right off.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:Forget the stats. The only stats that would save him were goals and assists, both of which will be scarce come end of season. If this was his firsty season I would say give him another year. 1 year at a club like Liverpool is an opportunity, 2 years is a waste. If he cannot motivate himself to up his performance at a club like this when we are actually challanging for the title then he doesn't deserve to wear that shirt.

Or the problem is probably something else, something which most have suspected for a while. He isnt :censored: good enough so he can :censored: right off.

Precisely, you can't really judge wingers on stats other than to suggest they don't score enough goals (Lennon doesn't) or someone tucks their crosses away.

LegBarnes - how about you show us some stats to show us Lennon is "something special". You (try and) prove us wrong, I'm not basing my view on Lennon on ONE game, but virtually every game I've seen him play - which admittedly isn't that many, but he's done nothing to make me want him in a Liverpool shirt. Give me Kuyt any day of the week and every day of the week, maybe even Pennant!

If he were as good as you think he is then he'd have long since been bought off of spudz, if not by a bigger English club then by a European giant. The proof is in the pudding, where the players end up. Few top quality players remain at a moderate club that doesn't win many trophies, some rubbish does get bought up like Pennant but noone has even made a serious effort to buy Lennon, not even Man City (disclaimer : that I'm aware of)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 18, 2009 10:59 am

That terrible miss yesterday pretty much summed up his Liverpool career.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 11:08 am

If he has any ambition left (and he should as he is young) he will request a transfer, if Rafa isn't already planning on selling him.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 18, 2009 12:38 pm

I like babel and i think rafa should give him more chances , i thought he did okay when he came on and played uptop although he missed a sitter , beat his man on one occasion . He came on last week and played uptop and scored a goal , he's got all the potential in the world but sadly he won't develop under rafa unless he starts to get more games and by that i mean a consistent run of games , not 1 start every 5 matches or so and not coming on for 30 minutes every game
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 18, 2009 12:40 pm

The thing is Toffee who do you play him instead off ? even when he has had the odd few starts and come on he has done nothing to force his way into the team.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Toffeehater wrote:I like babel and i think rafa should give him more chances , i thought he did okay when he came on and played uptop although he missed a sitter , beat his man on one occasion . He came on last week and played uptop and scored a goal , he's got all the potential in the world but sadly he won't develop under rafa unless he starts to get more games and by that i mean a consistent run of games , not 1 start every 5 matches or so and not coming on for 30 minutes every game

Not having a go at you in particular, mate, but how often is this excuse going to be trotted out for Babel?  The lad gets few chances because every time he's given opportunities he finds a new way to illustrate he's not up to it.  I mean, come on, any other player could sit on the bench for the best part of a season and still get that shot on target yesterday. :no He's got all of the ability and none of the mentality to make it at a top club and the sooner we get shut the better for all concerned.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Look at it this way , whenever he has performed , he has been dropped in the following game . Remember the Real Madrid game , he tore ramos and pepe to shreds . He has the talent , i'd go as far as saying he is more talented that riera but the thing he lacks is decision making and confidence . He has improved his left leg has well , a couple of time he has put in some good balls with his left leg compared to last season where he was mostly dependent on his right
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:I like babel and i think rafa should give him more chances , i thought he did okay when he came on and played uptop although he missed a sitter , beat his man on one occasion . He came on last week and played uptop and scored a goal , he's got all the potential in the world but sadly he won't develop under rafa unless he starts to get more games and by that i mean a consistent run of games , not 1 start every 5 matches or so and not coming on for 30 minutes every game

Not having a go at you in particular, mate, but how often is this excuse going to be trotted out for Babel?  The lad gets few chances because every time he's given opportunities he finds a new way to illustrate he's not up to it.  I mean, come on, any other player could sit on the bench for the best part of a season and still get that shot on target yesterday. :no He's got all of the ability and none of the mentality to make it at a top club and the sooner we get shut the better for all concerned.

That is true , but when was the last time where he really got a proper run of games , look at his first season there were times where he was brilliant and times where he frustrating to watch , that was perhaps down to his age . You can bet your house if he was at arsenal wenger would have made him into a brilliant winger , possibly world class by the time he reached 26 or so
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Real Madrid are a poor side. Do not let their name make you think he played well against a good side. He has if anything gotten worse since last season and that's saying something. Rafa needs money for proven talent as we are so close to a title winning side, it's time to cut his losses and cash in on him. We will be waiting forever with this guy.

Forget a run of games. When he does play how many times does he fluff a chance on goal? Or run into opposition? Or give the ball away?

He is rubbish and not LFC standard.
Last edited by tubby on Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon May 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Look at it this way , whenever he has performed , he has been dropped in the following game . Remember the Real Madrid game , he tore ramos and pepe to shreds . He has the talent , i'd go as far as saying he is more talented that riera but the thing he lacks is decision making and confidence . He has improved his left leg has well , a couple of time he has put in some good balls with his left leg compared to last season where he was mostly dependent on his right

Im sorry but i cant remember babel tearing anyone to shreads in any game this season - no performances of his stand out - torres tore shreads of pepe that day not babel . He has done thing of anything noteworthy this season bar the winner against man utd . Yes he has all the ability in the world but cant apply it . And you cant give him a run of games to get going as we cant afford to have him as a passenger on the pitch .

And why when babel is mentioned people talk about wenger turning him into a superstar ?!? Reyes had more talent than babel yet wenger failed with him as well . Wenger hasnt turned many players into world class players lately .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion