RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Festy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am

Phuck Lennon and Young. We are talking about our very own 'Ryan Substitute Babel' here. I read somewhere yesterday that Wenger is interested in him. Might just be a rumor though.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby tonyeh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Ugh, don't like the sound of that. Arsene would put the time and effort into Babel and may make a decent footballer out of him.

Benitez, I don't think he gives a fuck. If you don't hit the ground running, he won't be bothered with you...

...unless you're Dirk Kuyt that is.
tonyeh

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:55 pm

tonyeh wrote:Ugh, don't like the sound of that. Arsene would put the time and effort into Babel and may make a decent footballer out of him.

Benitez, I don't think he gives a fuck. If you don't hit the ground running, he won't be bothered with you...

he's given Babel lots of chances...but he doesn't learn. Rafa has dropped him because he refuses to track back and defend...Babel has admitted this publicly....yet does he track back when he comes on as a sub?  Does he f**k...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Think you replied to tonyeh posts pretty much spot on there - babel has had plenty of chances to impress . What Kuyt has to do with Babel i have no idea .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:10 pm

GYBS wrote:Think you replied to tonyeh posts pretty much spot on there - babel has had plenty of chances to impress . What Kuyt has to do with Babel i have no idea .

if Babel put in 50% of Kuyt's work rate he would be playing every week. But he doesn't and that is why he's failed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Ugh, don't like the sound of that. Arsene would put the time and effort into Babel and may make a decent footballer out of him.

he's given Babel lots of chances...but he doesn't learn. Rafa has dropped him because he refuses to track back and defend...Babel has admitted this publicly....yet does he track back when he comes on as a sub?  Does he f**k...

He's a forward player, not a winger or a defender. One look at him will tell you that.

He just doesn't belong in the position that Benitez has tried to pidgeon hole him into.
tonyeh

Postby DrPepe » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 pm

tonyeh wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

He's a forward player, not a winger or a defender. One look at him will tell you that.

He just doesn't belong in the position that Benitez has tried to pidgeon hole him into.

have you not noticed that in Benitez' teams there's no room for luxury players?

even Torres and gerrard have to do their share of work

I would guess rafa wanted to utilise babels raw talent , speed and power  that he showed in his first season, and teach him to augment his game with tactical awareness and discipline...

unfortunately ryan doesn't seem to be the smartest tool in the box and  he obviosuly hasn't taken on board what rafa wants him to  :no
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:21 pm

tonyeh wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

EVERYONE in the team has to track back and help out in defence. Even Torres does it!

I don't care WHERE he is suppose to play, he's rubbish and has an awful attitude to hard work. His first touch is the worse i've seen and he can't dribble the ball for sh*t. Passing/technique and crossing are all awful and his Diouf attitude to life has done him no favours either.

Get rid ASAP
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 am

[apart from his winning goal against scum], overall rating for babel this season ranges from rank to pi'ss poor
Last edited by Judge on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:49 am

Babel will leave the club this summer.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby TheLad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:52 am

Alex G. wrote:Babel will leave the club this summer.

Where are you getting this from?
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:56 am

TheLad wrote:
Alex G. wrote:Babel will leave the club this summer.

Where are you getting this from?

From many papers, benitez needs money for the next season signs and he must sell before buying new players.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 am

He is an empty shirt anyway. Would you really keep him in the hope he will perhaps come good one day when he hasn't shown any improvment since day 1. Infact id go so far as to say he has gotten worse since he arrived. If Wenger can turn him around then let him have him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:01 pm

He played a vital role last season but has regressed alarmingly this season.  Other players have had to make do with lots of time on the bench or being played out of position yet they've still managed to contribute something significant to the title chase.  Babel, sadly, has not--the goal against the Mancs aside.  I think he'll be on his way this summer and I think that will be the best for all concerned.  I'd be very surprised if the lad turned into a world beater anywhere else, though...the mental side of his game seems well short of the required standard for greatness.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 pm

But hes a great rapper though :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion