RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 am

Toffeehater wrote:I think it sometimes has to do with the manager , i hope he's sold to arsenal if he does leave , i want to see if wenger can transform his game and if he does , lots of posters will be feeling silly . The lad's got bag loads of talent just needs someone to get the best out of him

And if Wenger manage to do that with Babel (best out of him), Rafa should be worry because this boy will come back and "hunt" us. Rafa needs to make smart decision on this case ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:58 am

aCe' wrote:
Owzat wrote:
aCe' wrote:wouldnt mind both Agger AND Skrtel gone if we can keep Hyypia and Carra and add a top centerback with the money.. maybe bring in a kid from the reserves as backup...

So you'd keep our two older CBs and get rid of the two younger ones?

35 Hyypia (DOB 7/10/73)
31 Carragher (DOB 28/1/78)
24 Agger (DOB 12/12/84)
24 Skrtel (DOB 15/12/84)

CBs like Vidic, Carra, Carvalho, Rio, Terry and a host of others may be better CBs than Agger and Skrtel, but they are also at least three years older and therefore more experienced. Even Lescott and Jagielka are 26, there may well not be better CBs younger than those two or indeed under 26.

I was quite astonished looking at the ages of CBs in the Premiership, there aren't too many younger - Wheater is about the only one younger worth mentioning, Hoof is older, Toure, Upson, Gallas, Woodgate, Distin, Collins, Riggott, Haangeland, Samba, Nelsen.........................

Point is, we might find better CBs but I doubt we'll find many who are significantly better who aren't overpriced or over the hill. If this were football management on your PC or xbox then you'd keep one of them at least, probably seek out your other "kid from the reserves" (or pinch someone else's) and be flogging the two oldest - especially since their transfer fees won't get any higher, we could sell Agger and Skrtel for say £10m each and find they're worth £15m in a year or two. NONE of our current CBs is faultless, Agger has a lot more about him than just a CB and if his game improves then he has the potential to be the best CB in the world. He isn't going to become that sitting on our bench though......................

yea i'd keep our older and better centerbacks... Skrtel i expect to become a much better centerback in a few years... just needs experience and good coaching.. Agger im not so sure... Hes a great footballer... not such a great centerback though... im talking about next season here so the way i see it if we can manage to get Raul Albiol or any other centerback whos better than Skrtel and Agger then they both go way down my personal pecking order... Carra and Hyypia are still the best centerbacks we got and Skrtel and Agger have made numerous mistakes yet and again but everyone seems to be fine with that just because they'r still young... well.. if ya look at the other top 4 you'll see they all have better centerbacks than we do.. old or not is not the issue...

agree that it might cost too much to bring in a quality centerback but the way i see it Agger (for one) wouldnt be sold for peanuts either if we decide to let him go...

Wow, biggest load of b0ll0cks I've ever seen you write. You'd actually get rid of two highly rated young CB's who have a very bright future and are being chased by amongst others Real Madrid and  Barcelona in favour of one CB who is surely in his last meaningful season now and another who only has a few years left at top level.

All I can say is thank feck you're not in charge of anything meaningful. Agger is a fantastic CB and so is Skyrtel and I'd like to see them as the main CB pairing next season, they will form the heart of our defense for many years to come hopefully. I would then rotate Carra in for the occassional game much as we have Hyppia this season, or even deploy Carra in DM to give Mascha an occassional break. Hyppia has been a fantastic servant to the club but he's getting way too slow now, could be used now and again though but I'm not sure he'd be happy with this so I'd let him go.
heimdall

Postby we all dream... » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:16 am

Well said Heimdall. I agree with everything you say apart from rotating Carra out next season. I feel he is still our best centre back and will be next season too.

Also what he will be teaching both Agger and Skrtle is better than any coachig they could hope to get anywhere in Europe. Carra knowledge and footy brain top class. With their raw talents ad Carras brain they will be fantastic CB's for our club in the future.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:19 pm

well if i remember correctly carra is a bit :censored: too when he was young at liverpool.. we use to slot him RB, DM, u name it. but carra is all heart, sweat liverpool blood inside out and he managed to drag himself back into the team and establish himself as a liverpool legend.
comparing skrtel and agger, they looked better than carra when at the same age. plus agger is good going forward . they are the future IMO, signed him up for Christ's sake!
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:25 am

heimdall wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Owzat wrote:
aCe' wrote:wouldnt mind both Agger AND Skrtel gone if we can keep Hyypia and Carra and add a top centerback with the money.. maybe bring in a kid from the reserves as backup...

So you'd keep our two older CBs and get rid of the two younger ones?

35 Hyypia (DOB 7/10/73)
31 Carragher (DOB 28/1/78)
24 Agger (DOB 12/12/84)
24 Skrtel (DOB 15/12/84)

CBs like Vidic, Carra, Carvalho, Rio, Terry and a host of others may be better CBs than Agger and Skrtel, but they are also at least three years older and therefore more experienced. Even Lescott and Jagielka are 26, there may well not be better CBs younger than those two or indeed under 26.

I was quite astonished looking at the ages of CBs in the Premiership, there aren't too many younger - Wheater is about the only one younger worth mentioning, Hoof is older, Toure, Upson, Gallas, Woodgate, Distin, Collins, Riggott, Haangeland, Samba, Nelsen.........................

Point is, we might find better CBs but I doubt we'll find many who are significantly better who aren't overpriced or over the hill. If this were football management on your PC or xbox then you'd keep one of them at least, probably seek out your other "kid from the reserves" (or pinch someone else's) and be flogging the two oldest - especially since their transfer fees won't get any higher, we could sell Agger and Skrtel for say £10m each and find they're worth £15m in a year or two. NONE of our current CBs is faultless, Agger has a lot more about him than just a CB and if his game improves then he has the potential to be the best CB in the world. He isn't going to become that sitting on our bench though......................

yea i'd keep our older and better centerbacks... Skrtel i expect to become a much better centerback in a few years... just needs experience and good coaching.. Agger im not so sure... Hes a great footballer... not such a great centerback though... im talking about next season here so the way i see it if we can manage to get Raul Albiol or any other centerback whos better than Skrtel and Agger then they both go way down my personal pecking order... Carra and Hyypia are still the best centerbacks we got and Skrtel and Agger have made numerous mistakes yet and again but everyone seems to be fine with that just because they'r still young... well.. if ya look at the other top 4 you'll see they all have better centerbacks than we do.. old or not is not the issue...

agree that it might cost too much to bring in a quality centerback but the way i see it Agger (for one) wouldnt be sold for peanuts either if we decide to let him go...

Wow, biggest load of b0ll0cks I've ever seen you write. You'd actually get rid of two highly rated young CB's who have a very bright future and are being chased by amongst others Real Madrid and  Barcelona in favour of one CB who is surely in his last meaningful season now and another who only has a few years left at top level.

All I can say is thank feck you're not in charge of anything meaningful. Agger is a fantastic CB and so is Skyrtel and I'd like to see them as the main CB pairing next season, they will form the heart of our defense for many years to come hopefully. I would then rotate Carra in for the occassional game much as we have Hyppia this season, or even deploy Carra in DM to give Mascha an occassional break. Hyppia has been a fantastic servant to the club but he's getting way too slow now, could be used now and again though but I'm not sure he'd be happy with this so I'd let him go.

skrtel is way off liverpool standard his lack of fight for headers is frightning tbh.

As for agger if he can stay fit he is good prospect but I can understand what ace is saying he is far better footballer then defender but on the  :upside: so was Alan Hansen.  :)
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 pm

The problem of ryan babel is in his mind, he is his worst enemy. To be an elite sport professional you can´t hide yourself in excuses every time. Take your chances and look the bright side.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:18 pm

I thought the problem of Ryan Babel was that he can't keep the ball for more than 5 mins. :D So far the longest ive seen him with the ball recently is in that ad where he is running along side that hurdler.  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:10 am

bavlondon wrote:I thought the problem of Ryan Babel was that he can't keep the ball for more than 5 mins. :D So far the longest ive seen him with the ball recently is in that ad where he is running along side that hurdler.  :laugh:

5 mins jesus thats a long time not even gerrard is on the ball that long.  :Oo:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:43 am

Not too sure what is the problem with Babel. He was ok last season but somehow he's not the same player this season. He has the raw talent but dun think his mentality is matured enough yet. Not sure how long we can wait for him to fully realise his full potemtial but if there's any interested party willing to pay a decent price for him, I'd say sell him.

We should then concentrate all our efforts on getting Ashley Young. I just love this guy, he's pacey, skilful, determined, great crosser and decent goalscorer. Whether or not MON is willing to let him go is another matter though. ???
Bretc

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 am

Bretc wrote:Not too sure what is the problem with Babel. He was ok last season but somehow he's not the same player this season. He has the raw talent but dun think his mentality is matured enough yet. Not sure how long we can wait for him to fully realise his full potemtial but if there's any interested party willing to pay a decent price for him, I'd say sell him.

We should then concentrate all our efforts on getting Ashley Young. I just love this guy, he's pacey, skilful, determined, great crosser and decent goalscorer. Whether or not MON is willing to let him go is another matter though. ???

You having a laught  :(

Lennon is much better player and could play left or right.

young isn't all that good he had great run of form but in manc game he was prime reason they lost it.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:40 am

Lennon better than young ?! your joking me right ? Lennons end product is poor beyond belief - great speed and dribbling but cant cross for sh it where as youngs delivery is first class .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:47 am

GYBS wrote:Lennon better than young ?! your joking me right ? Lennons end product is poor beyond belief - great speed and dribbling but cant cross for sh it where as youngs delivery is first class .

young bottles it in big games lennon don't he will come good in a year or 2 you will see.

You can say sorry then.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 am

Lennon has been apparently coming good for the last 5 years !? and young didnt bottle it when he destroyed chelsea last season .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 am

Lennon has improved but at times can still be :censored:. That last England game he was running all over the pitch but his passing was sometimes awful.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 am

bavlondon wrote:Lennon has improved but at times can still be :censored:. That last England game he was running all over the pitch but his passing was sometimes awful.

He needs to move to a bigger club soon or yes he never be the finished product.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion