RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:02 pm

The guy's mindset is all wrong at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:50 pm

JamCar05 wrote:What frustrates me the most about Babel is his lack of any sort of ball control. He's very fast, yes, but he can't dribble with the ball close to his feet (he usually just tries to run past defenders but quite often actually runs into them instead) and his first touch is just horrible (we continually lose possession this way). Lately he hasn't even made the impact he did as a sub last year, so it does indeed not look very good for him at the moment. Also always looks very uninterested in what's going on around him.

he can just seems to lost his confidence in doing it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhxwsZJ8tA&feature=related

This is what he can do with some support round him.
Last edited by LegBarnes on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:55 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:What frustrates me the most about Babel is his lack of any sort of ball control. He's very fast, yes, but he can't dribble with the ball close to his feet (he usually just tries to run past defenders but quite often actually runs into them instead) and his first touch is just horrible (we continually lose possession this way). Lately he hasn't even made the impact he did as a sub last year, so it does indeed not look very good for him at the moment. Also always looks very uninterested in what's going on around him.

The goal on 1.35 is a cracker.... left foot aswell, shame he hasnt brought it to liverpool  :D

The vid was a bit of a bable bumfest tho wasn't it,slow mos of him smiling etc......
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm

we all dream... wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

The goal on 1.35 is a cracker.... left foot aswell, shame he hasnt brought it to liverpool  :D

The vid was a bit of a bable bumfest tho wasn't it,slow mos of him smiling etc......

try link agian I changed it i felt it was a bit to much of a bumfest too.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:00 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

Feck me  :D Go mr Babel we should buy him.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:04 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

try link agian I changed it i felt it was a bit to much of a bumfest too.

:D
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:51 pm

we all dream... wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Yeah, after about three minutes of that I started finding a strange urge to put a skirt on and find one of my wife's purses.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Whether you like him or not, Ryan Babel has just become one of our most important players for the rest of the season. He's always said his best position is as a striker and yet Benitez has never really given him a chance to show he can do it but he sure as hell will get the opportunity over the next 3 months. Even if Rafa goes with Kuyt upfront with Torres (or instead of Torres depending on the game) you figure Babel will have to play on the left or right flank so either way i'd expect him to see more playing time from here on in.

It's make or break for the lad.
Last edited by Scottbot on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:11 pm

yep this is the time for babel to step up
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Scottbot wrote:Whether you like him or not, Ryan Babel has just become one of our most important players for the rest of the season. He's always said his best position is as a striker and yet Benitez has never really given him a chance to show he can do it but he sure as hell will get the opportunity over the next 3 months. Even if Rafa goes with Kuyt upfront with Torres (or instead of Torres depending on the game) you figure Babel will have to play on the left or right flank so either way i'd expect him to see more playing time from here on in.

We saw a glimpse of what he's capable when playing through the middle away at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. He absolutely terrorised them and very nearly scored a wonder goal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Alex G. » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Well, now it´s clear we´re gonna play the rest of the season with 4-2-3-1 only one striker playing on his own, Torres, Babel or kuyt.

Goodbye to the 4-4-2.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 pm

stmichael wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Whether you like him or not, Ryan Babel has just become one of our most important players for the rest of the season. He's always said his best position is as a striker and yet Benitez has never really given him a chance to show he can do it but he sure as hell will get the opportunity over the next 3 months. Even if Rafa goes with Kuyt upfront with Torres (or instead of Torres depending on the game) you figure Babel will have to play on the left or right flank so either way i'd expect him to see more playing time from here on in.

We saw a glimpse of what he's capable when playing through the middle away at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. He absolutely terrorised them and very nearly scored a wonder goal.

Absolutely agree.

Hopefully the penny has dropped with Rafa that Babel is better through the middle rather than wide. If this is the case, and with Keane gone, then babel should see more game time between now and the end of the season. He has the 5-6 months to prove he is good enough for LFC.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 pm

stmichael wrote:

that's true mic but will he be given the chance to play in that position and show how he was playing before he came to liverpool.
there has been very few times he has played up front? this is where he was playing when we bought him and banging in goals for fun, i think he should be given the chance to play up front and i don't mean for 20 mins at the end of a game i mean a run of games let him get settled in there and see what he can do

yes i know this would mean playing 4-4-2 but i would like to see it tried
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby milou » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 pm

stmichael wrote:

Spot on.

Something I picked-up from today's report:
Benitez belives he has enough quality to cope without Keane as the Reds look to keep their title bid on track.

"We still have Ryan Babel, David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as well as Torres," added Benitez. "It is a risk but the situation was not good and we needed to do something.

It cannot get any clearer now that Babel is somehow back in Rafa's plan.. which hasn't been for a long while now. This is a chance Babel MUST take.

It is clear to me that we will continue to use 4-5-1 for the rest of the season, with our obvious preferred partnership of Torres-Gerrard. So while we can at least hope that Babel can provide cover for Torres (personally I think he will be alright there when called to duty), I think Gerrard's 2nd striker situation is even worse! We don't even have ANYONE remotely decent there! Maybe only Benanyoun.. who is also really stretching it a bit too far IMHO.

We need to pray hard that both of our superstars stay fit for the rest of the season. More than ever, we need that piece of good fortune NOW. And if they do stay fit.. maybe 19 will come home! :buttrock
milou

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:41 pm

If Torres doesn't play tomorrow it's just common sense to play Babel upfront as opposed to Kuyt, especially away from home where his pace will be important on the counter attack. If Kuyt plays it will just mean that the Everton defence will push twenty yards further up the field as they'll be absolutely no threat in behind.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion