RYAN BABEL to join Hoffenheim

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 pm

stmichael wrote:The kid should put in a transfer request. If he can only get two minutes after that performance by some of our players last night then that pretty much sums up what his future is at this club.

I want to know why it took so long at 0-0 to make any substitutions, in fact why Rafa leaves his subsitutions so late the subs have little time to make an impact.

Less than five minutes at the end of a game is what you give to someone for a run out after injury, or if they need games to get a winners medal or simply to waste time. Which of those applied with Babel last night?

I left out "resting a player" since less than five minutes is hardly much respite
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:02 am

No bottle and no brains.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:04 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:No bottle and no brains.

:nod  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:05 am

:bowdown
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 am

Not good enough. He's been at the club long enough to make a position his own (does anyone actually know his best position?). A few bang on about being young and having potential. Shouldn't that be coming to fruition?

Not good enough by a long way
Yooj Bigullz

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:48 am

I was a great believer in Babel untill this season and i hold my hands up and have to say i was wrong and he isn,t good enough.
roberto green

Postby Madmax » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:12 am

Load of shyte. Guy runs like an idiot with no brain. Feckin his starting to annoy me. Should have become a ball boy at tennis.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:25 am

Madmax wrote:Guy runs like an idiot with no brain. Feckin his starting to annoy me.

well said. Spot on.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 pm

red_guy wrote:
Madmax wrote:Guy runs like an idiot with no brain. Feckin his starting to annoy me.

well said. Spot on.

How else is an idiot with no brain supposed to run?  :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:43 pm

What frustrates me the most about Babel is his lack of any sort of ball control. He's very fast, yes, but he can't dribble with the ball close to his feet (he usually just tries to run past defenders but quite often actually runs into them instead) and his first touch is just horrible (we continually lose possession this way). Lately he hasn't even made the impact he did as a sub last year, so it does indeed not look very good for him at the moment. Also always looks very uninterested in what's going on around him.
JamCar05

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 pm

JamCar05 wrote:(he usually tries just to run past defenders but quite often just runs into them instead)

Funnily enough I think that of Gerrard too, too often losing possession trying one of his surging runs
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Owzat wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:(he usually tries just to run past defenders but quite often just runs into them instead)

Funnily enough I think that of Gerrard too, too often losing possession trying one of his surging runs

theres more of a positive outcome with gerrards runs tho.

The only notable thing babel has done is score the winner against the mancs
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:08 pm

And even then he hit the ball into the ground ina  way he is lucky it wasn't a terrible miss. :laugh: What a flop. And to think peolpe were calling him the next Henry.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:18 pm

:laugh:  next henry... more like a future hospital porter. I think he needs to learn how to dribble the ball. Take some lessons from mcmanaman. If he has that quality and including his speed and power he would be a thrill to watch.. LOL did you watch his shot he took on goal.. :laugh:  must have been aiming for one of the fans..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 am

Judge wrote:
Owzat wrote:

theres more of a positive outcome with gerrards runs tho.

The only notable thing babel has done is score the winner against the mancs

I wasn't comparing the two as players, no comparison. But Babel isn't the only one guilty of wastefulness in possession, and when we possess so few good ball players the last thing you want is for THEM to waste possession. Gerrard tries those runs too often, he's not the world's best dribbler so he needs to do it a little more selectively. Reckon Rafa needs to work more 1-2s into the team game

You'd think with a name like Babel he'd B abel (enough)
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion