Rosicky - Rumour

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 21, 2004 10:22 am

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Tomas Rosicky has said he wants to leave the Westfalenstadion this summer with reports claiming he could be on his way to Liverpool.
Speaking to the Czech magazine Sport, Rosicky expressed his frustration with BVB after a season blighted by injury and a dramatic lack of form.

Though he has a lengthy contract with the Bundesliga outfit, he is eager to quit the club in search of a fresh challenge.

"Even though I've got a long-term contract in Dortmund, I still want to leave this summer," the 23-year-old said.

"A move would be a new impulse for my career. I'm just standing still or taking backward steps in Dortmund and am losing value as a result."

Rosicky's agent is quoted in the Prague-based newspaper Pravo as saying that negotiations have begun to bring his client to Liverpool for next season where he could link up with his fellow Czech internationals Milan Baros and Vladimir Smicer.

Reds boss Gerard Houllier could have his transfer war chest bolstered by the expected cash injection from Thailand prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

He is keen to pump £60 million into the club and, if the deal goes through, Houllier may decide to use some of the cash to fund a swoop for Rosicky, if reports are to be believed.

The Czech Republic international had been linked with a move to Liverpool's Premiership rivals Chelsea during January's transfer window but a transfer never materialised.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 21, 2004 10:28 am

Redtribe wrote:Borussia Dortmund midfielder Tomas Rosicky has said he wants to leave the Westfalenstadion this summer with reports claiming he could be on his way to Liverpool.
Speaking to the Czech magazine Sport, Rosicky expressed his frustration with BVB after a season blighted by injury and a dramatic lack of form.

Great ! he's foreign, suffering from loss of form and plagued by injury. Sounds the very player for us  :p
I hope Foolier doesn't see that report , he'll definitely sign him.
:D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 21, 2004 10:31 am

lol

All jokes apart he is a good player but i'm not sure he is for us!
If he was brought in to replace smicer for very little cost i would be happy!
Smicer is the same ilk as Heskey (glimpses of good but nothing more)
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 21, 2004 10:37 am

Haven't seen that much of him but yes he does look very useful.:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri May 21, 2004 10:37 am

Rosicky is much better than Smicer, he was an excellent player for last 3 years with Borussia Dortmund. This season hasn't been good for him because of his injuries problem and lack of form.
He has been linked with Chelsea last December with 16m quids!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 21, 2004 10:42 am

So maybe now would be a good time to go for him nice and cheap while he is not in great form!

I dont know how strong he is that would be my only concearn
I know he is a great playmaker and technician but in the premiership you need steel and grit in abundance too!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri May 21, 2004 10:46 am

Good point, mate.

I rather have Malbranque than Rosicky, because Malbranque is Premier League player. So, we need more Premier League player like Joe Cole, I rate him highly, can play anywhere in midfield, flair too etc.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 21, 2004 10:52 am

Yep i like Cole alot
He has virtually all you could ask from a midfielder!
He would definately play well with Stevie G!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 21, 2004 10:53 am

Stan Laurel wrote:Good point, mate.

I rather have Malbranque than Rosicky, because Malbranque is Premier League player.

Sorry Stan I don't go along with that school of thought.
Look at all the players who have made it here.
Would you have turned down, Henry, Viera , even Dalgleish (if we go back abit) because they hadn't played in the premiership. It doesn't make sense mate.
If the attitude is right they will settle in.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 21, 2004 11:03 am

Yeah but my point would be i dont think Rosicky has the game to suit LFC as well as a Cole!
He is a good player and there is no reason he couldnt be a success in England but i dont think his defensive and battling abilities are up to that of what we need to play along side stevie!
I maybe wrong but i can only talk of what i have seen of him in the champions league!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri May 21, 2004 11:14 am

He is the exact sort of player we need and the right standard aswell and he's also a player we know Houllier likes.

I'd be extremely optomistic about next season if we signed him aswell as Cisse.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 21, 2004 11:17 am

Fair comment.
I'm just saying to Stan don't rule out a player because he hasn't played in the premiership.
As for Joe Cole, I like him but don't you think he's a bit of a lightweight . I sometimes think a strong gust of wind could knock him off the ball . :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Fri May 21, 2004 11:17 am

Gerrard's reported on BBC teletext as saying he wants to come back from Euro2004 to find that we have signed a minimum of 3 world class players.

1) Cisse (hopefully)

2) Rosicky? (He's proven quality in Germany)

3) ?

Who's the ideal no.3?

Joe Cole will come good but needs to grow up and be less selfish - needs to read the game a bit more.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri May 21, 2004 11:26 am

Three world class players?

Haha. World class being thrown around again. :)

We need three top quality players.

Cisse is one.

We NEED a centre half with pace who can use the ball and defend aswell.

We could do with at least one midfielder of a high standard, weather its a right midfielder or play maker, both would be great but we need at least one i think.

For the midfield slots i'd go for Malbranque and Cole. Thats my personal preferance.

Malbranque to play on the right and Cole in the middle.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 21, 2004 11:31 am

stu_the_red wrote:We NEED a centre half with pace who can use the ball and defend aswell.

Yeah it would be nice to see someone with the ability and confidence to carry the ball out of defence instead of just hoofing it or telegraphing the obvious ball to midfield.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion