Ronaldo - The real one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:03 pm

An article in today's Independant suggest that Ronaldo is now being linked with Liverpool in Spain too....it adds that "Rafael Benitez is reported to be preparing a summer bid"

Now I have always been an admirer of Ronaldo, I know he has had his problems but one thing that has been consistant throughout his career is goals. He is called fat and lazy and past his best but he remains top scorer with Real Madrid and has been every season he has played there. He has also finished top scorer in Italy while with Inter.
I am not going to start shouting from the rooftops hailing Ronaldo as the signing of the century but I think it might be a good move. He can't do any worse than our strikers have this year and with the service he would get from our midfield he might do extremely well. Time will no doubt tell.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:05 pm

I dont think we would have a hutch big enough for him
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:16 pm

I agree Rafa will go for Defoe in the summer and agree he would never pay the fee or wages to bring Ronaldo to Anfield.

Not sure if we will enquire about him though just to test the water, you never know.  ???

One thing I do know is I'd love to see Ronaldo in red jersey next season  :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:21 pm

ronaldinho is the man of the moment. i was on the phone to him late last night, when he said that he intentionally intended to glance his free kick off john terrys head and into the net

now thats class :D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 pm

Judge wrote:ronaldinho is the man of the moment. i was on the phone to him late last night, when he said that he intentionally intended to glance his free kick off john terrys head and into the net

No way, you talk to him too, he was having a Tetley with me the other night and said that Barca turned down his transfer request to join LFC  :oh:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:44 pm

Ronaldo is a cr@p player, without any honour (left Inter, after everyone supported him during his injury - sick), he's overrated, fat, ..... I could go on but most of the words would be censored :)

PS. I do hate Real also, so You can see my point of view :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FeDe!!! -lariano- » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:51 pm

now Galliani wants Ronaldo to Milan fc, and Ronaldo will be happy to return to Italy and in Milan
COMO IN MY HEART!!!

... e canteremo dalle gradinate... la nostra fede non l'arrestate!!!
FeDe!!! -lariano-

Postby gato_busta » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:59 pm

Ronaldo? Fat, old and over-rated. We will most probably go for Defoe. Since Benitez is looking in other parts of the world now, hope he is looking at Aguero from Independiente de Avellanada from Argentina. Now that is one prospect I would love to see in the red shirt.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby FeDe!!! -lariano- » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:02 pm

COMO IN MY HEART!!!

... e canteremo dalle gradinate... la nostra fede non l'arrestate!!!
FeDe!!! -lariano-

Postby onizukaeikichi » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:56 am

he cant be worst than our strikers ( do we even have any? ) rite? as long as he take chances and scores i am happy unlike morientes who miss sitters while a player like him should have finished it

but no doubt, it will be a damn joke for us to pay 20 mil for 30 year old guy tat isnt on form now.
onizukaeikichi

Postby darwisigila » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:30 am

GunGod
LFC Advanced Member

I think the most overrated player in the liga is not Torres but Raul.

i think u wrong...and i think u don live in another planet past 6 - 10 years..

Benetiz didn't even sign Figo for 2m.

Figo choosed milan over liverpool and not rafa didn't want to sign him...

many club across europe will pursuit ronaldo if real let him go and we don have enough money if we want to sign him...big if
darwisigila

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:05 am

Paul C wrote:
Judge wrote:ronaldinho is the man of the moment. i was on the phone to him late last night, when he said that he intentionally intended to glance his free kick off john terrys head and into the net

No way, you talk to him too, he was having a Tetley with me the other night and said that Barca turned down his transfer request to join LFC  :oh:

its strange you say he had a tetley, when you clearly know he likes john smiths bitter best  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:08 pm

He'd be a brilliant aquasition for us with his quick turn of pace to turn the premiership defences inside out and his undoubted ffinishing ability . He wouldnt be voted world player of the year for nothing . One of the best strikers ever .
kopite

Postby mighty mo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:45 pm

his one season at barcalona, ronaldo had was awesome,it was the first year sky was showing spanish football,and some of the goals he scored were out of this world,the times he ran with the ball from the halfway line  took on the defense and slotting into the net with ease was astonishing,he once scored a goal on a waterlogged pitch,and was sat on the floor on the halfway line with the ball between his feet, he got up really quick and just sped off leaving the defence in his wake took the goalkeeper on and slotted it in the net,as soon as he scored the camera went to the barcalona bench and bobby robson's face was a picture,at what he had just seen with his hand over his mouth and shaking his head in astonishment
Last edited by mighty mo on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:16 am

Correct Mighty Mo. That was another Ronaldo, the pre-injury in Internazionale Ronaldo. The slim Ronaldo, the not muscled Ronaldo. The Ronaldo we liked

The famous one against Compostela

http://www.fcbarcelonadk.com/Downloa....7).mpeg

http://media.putfile.com/Ronaldo--al--Compostela

He's not that player any more. That what you can see in those old videos is what he made him world class, not exactly his finnishing, and he hasn't that any more.

Would score goals for Liverpool? yes, sure. Worth the money? no for sure.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion