Roll back the years, reds

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby swfc1867 » Sun May 22, 2005 5:56 pm

Like to take this opportunity to wish Liverpool all the best in the Champions cup final...Roll back the years....I can still remember Dalglish, Hansen Johnstone etc playing for  the ONLY opposition club i ever applauded off the pitch at Hillsborough, when you came and stuffed us 5-1 many years ago..since then Reds fans may think theyve fallen on hard times...believe me lads i know what hard times are!
And as The Owls haul their sorry carcasses back up the leagues...i yearn for times past....and a major part of that is a Strong Liverpool side stuffing the best sides in Europe..
I hate Man u...Chelsea is NOT what footballs all about and ive no love for the Arsenal..So i hope to god this week i get a taste of what football used to be....Roll back the years...
That cup belongs at Anfield..it belongs in England...and as The Wednesday have narrowly failed to qualify...i hope you bring it home

best of luck from SWFC
swfc1867

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 22, 2005 6:11 pm

swfc1867 wrote:Like to take this opportunity to wish Liverpool all the best in the Champions cup final...Roll back the years....I can still remember Dalglish, Hansen Johnstone etc playing for  the ONLY opposition club i ever applauded off the pitch at Hillsborough, when you came and stuffed us 5-1 many years ago..since then Reds fans may think theyve fallen on hard times...believe me lads i know what hard times are!
And as The Owls haul their sorry carcasses back up the leagues...i yearn for times past....and a major part of that is a Strong Liverpool side stuffing the best sides in Europe..
I hate Man u...Chelsea is NOT what footballs all about and ive no love for the Arsenal..So i hope to god this week i get a taste of what football used to be....Roll back the years...
That cup belongs at Anfield..it belongs in England...and as The Wednesday have narrowly failed to qualify...i hope you bring it home

best of luck from SWFC

Thanx for the kind words mate all the best to for next season, and p.s. I cant stand SU or neil warnock  :angry:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun May 22, 2005 6:19 pm

.. thanx.. to you SWFC.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swfc1867 » Sun May 22, 2005 6:47 pm

From a neutral point of view, i would like to say to you,
forget about the posers from Milan,
as these foreign prancin' teams, have no history it seems,
of playing like only the english can,
you can have your twee shevchenkos (sp?)
but believe me as the song goes,
may you never walk alone with hope in heart,
and when shove it comes to push, remember ian rush,
and your Milanese are hardly worth a fa*t
So roll on back the years, leave mourinho with his tears,
let him lie at night on  mattress full of roubles,
let glazer take Man U, matters not to me and you,
for their money is the source of all our troubles
So please don't let me down, let the attaturk resound,
to the vibrant strains "you'll never walk alone,"
but next Sunday say a prayer,Cardiff, my teams playing there,
and hopefully quite soon back at your ground
swfc1867

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 22, 2005 6:55 pm

yeah thanks for the kind words mate.
your right those late 70`s early 80`s were a golden age for footy and not just because we were the top side, i remember watching sheff wed beat us at anfield (no - one beat us at home in those days) in the early eighties when we were european champions with players like ex blues gary megson and mick lyons in the side. and i also remember you losing a cup semi to brighton the year united beat them in the final. that was the final when the lad smith could have won it for brighton in the last minute but missed a sitter. they were great days back then before ferguson and wenger took it upon themselves to devalue the fa cup and even though we seemed to have a jinx against us in the cup it was great watching finals with teams like ipswich and west ham in them.
great days.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 22, 2005 6:57 pm

Be good to see Shef Wed back in the prem....looks like you've got a manager who knows what he's doing and you should win in Cardiff.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swfc1867 » Sun May 22, 2005 7:04 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:yeah thanks for the kind words mate.
your right those late 70`s early 80`s were a golden age for footy and not just because we were the top side, i remember watching sheff wed beat us at anfield (no - one beat us at home in those days) in the early eighties when we were european champions with players like ex blues gary megson and mick lyons in the side. and i also remember you losing a cup semi to brighton the year united beat them in the final. that was the final when the lad smith could have won it for brighton in the last minute but missed a sitter. they were great days back then before ferguson and wenger took it upon themselves to devalue the fa cup and even though we seemed to have a jinx against us in the cup it was great watching finals with teams like ipswich and west ham in them.
great days.

I was at that game where we beat you at Anfield mate...think Varadi scored...but was helped out by Grobelaar deciding to play left midfield for a couple of minutes  :D
swfc1867

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 22, 2005 7:11 pm

swfc1867 wrote:
great days.

I was at that game where we beat you at Anfield mate...think Varadi scored...but was helped out by Grobelaar deciding to play left midfield for a couple of minutes  :D

yeah i was there myself, its been a while but didnt you beat us 2-0, cant remember now.
imre varadi - thats a name i havent heard in a while. he played for everton too.
who was your manager in those days - it was too early for wilkinson wasnt it?

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby swfc1867 » Sun May 22, 2005 7:20 pm

Ive no qualms about the manager mate...he's done wonders with a set of mismatched muppets that he had the misfortune to take over..but after years of watching Hirst, Waddle Nielsonn and co..its heartbreaking to hear 24'000 fans cheer a bloody 1-2 when it comes off..its depressing to haul my weary bones down to bournemouth and regale my kid with tales of when i toddled either side of Stanley park to see the Owls play the best football teams in the country...but sadly these days once you are out of the premiership...you're in the twilight zone..and getting back there is more about money than it is about ability....
Chelsea and the like in my opinion cannot hold a candle to the famous Liverpool sides i had the privelage of seeing home and away in years past...because those sides were made not bought..they were forged by the minds of your Shankly's and your Paisleys....there is no art to getting a cheque book out and buying your trophies....bright 12 yr olds could do it...and football is is poorer for it..
i for one can't relate to it..
i watched the cup final yesterday....and was in the ridiculous position of wanting both sides to lose...it doesn't get the pulse racing...its fvcking plastic
swfc1867

Postby swfc1867 » Sun May 22, 2005 7:23 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
swfc1867 wrote:
great days.

yeah i was there myself, its been a while but didnt you beat us 2-0, cant remember now.
imre varadi - thats a name i havent heard in a while. he played for everton too.
who was your manager in those days - it was too early for wilkinson wasnt it?

It was Wilkinson mate...gary Shelton got the second...i think
swfc1867

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 22, 2005 7:24 pm

I think you'll be back up in a couple of years....the fizzy pop league (div 1) is quite poor and with some prudent tactics you should easily get into the play-offs....if you do go up, at least you can look forward to beating Leeds utd... :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swfc1867 » Sun May 22, 2005 7:29 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I think you'll be back up in a couple of years....the fizzy pop league (div 1) is quite poor and with some prudent tactics you should easily get into the play-offs....if you do go up, at least you can look forward to beating Leeds utd... :D

ahh beating leeds would be nice,,,but then again..
beatin' any bugger would be nice..
any of you lads got tickets for Istanbul?..
if so be careful and good luck
swfc1867

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 22, 2005 7:41 pm

swfc1867 wrote:Ive no qualms about the manager mate...he's done wonders with a set of mismatched muppets that he had the misfortune to take over..but after years of watching Hirst, Waddle Nielsonn and co..its heartbreaking to hear 24'000 fans cheer a bloody 1-2 when it comes off..its depressing to haul my weary bones down to bournemouth and regale my kid with tales of when i toddled either side of Stanley park to see the Owls play the best football teams in the country...but sadly these days once you are out of the premiership...you're in the twilight zone..and getting back there is more about money than it is about ability....
Chelsea and the like in my opinion cannot hold a candle to the famous Liverpool sides i had the privelage of seeing home and away in years past...because those sides were made not bought..they were forged by the minds of your Shankly's and your Paisleys....there is no art to getting a cheque book out and buying your trophies....bright 12 yr olds could do it...and football is is poorer for it..
i watched the cup final yesterday....and was in the ridiculous position of wanting both sides to lose...it doesn't get the pulse racing...its fvcking plastic

i know what you mean mate the game seems plastic all round. the genuine footy men have gone out the game. love them or hate them fella`s like revie, joe mercer, malcom allison, dave sexton, docherty and clough were characters and genuine football men with the game at heart.
regarding wednesday - sturrock looks a good manager who was treated harshly by soton. his record at plymouth was excellent. so keep your chin up and you`ll soon be back up and the first step on the ladder will be against hartlepool on sunday. good luck for the game.
its easy to support a team when everything is going well, its blokes like you and the fans who travel the country to watch the so called lesser teams that are the heart of the english game. no other country has 92 league clubs because no other country has fans like we do in the lower divisions. they`d all soon get bored and go and support a big club. loyalty is a word that still exists in our game. well done mate.

yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 22, 2005 7:45 pm

Talking about big clubs today with chelseas chav parade 250.000 turned up ???  since when have they been a :censored: big club :angry:  all glory hunting manchester united buckaneers jumping on the bandwagon :veryangry
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swfc1867 » Sun May 22, 2005 7:50 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
swfc1867 wrote:Ive no qualms about the manager mate...he's done wonders with a set of mismatched muppets that he had the misfortune to take over..but after years of watching Hirst, Waddle Nielsonn and co..its heartbreaking to hear 24'000 fans cheer a bloody 1-2 when it comes off..its depressing to haul my weary bones down to bournemouth and regale my kid with tales of when i toddled either side of Stanley park to see the Owls play the best football teams in the country...but sadly these days once you are out of the premiership...you're in the twilight zone..and getting back there is more about money than it is about ability....

i know what you mean mate the game seems plastic all round. the genuine footy men have gone out the game. love them or hate them fella`s like revie, joe mercer, malcom allison, dave sexton, docherty and clough were characters and genuine football men with the game at heart.
regarding wednesday - sturrock looks a good manager who was treated harshly by soton. his record at plymouth was excellent. so keep your chin up and you`ll soon be back up and the first step on the ladder will be against hartlepool on sunday. good luck for the game.
its easy to support a team when everything is going well, its blokes like you and the fans who travel the country to watch the so called lesser teams that are the heart of the english game. no other country has 92 league clubs because no other country has fans like we do in the lower divisions. they`d all soon get bored and go and support a big club. loyalty is a word that still exists in our game. well done mate.

Thanks for the kind words mate...but sometimes over the last few years...i REALLY don't want to go...its lke visiting a sick relative in hospital ..you don't want to go..but feel obliged...
ive had a season ticket at Hillsborough since Noah said " I think its startin' to drizzle"..but games like next Sunday are the ones you hope for amid the dross..and Wednesday fans deserve it...to average 24'000 while watching the abysmal hacking we have seen over the last few years is a testament to stupidity...but next sunday ...i'll be proud to be stupid
swfc1867

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion