Roll back the years, reds

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 22, 2005 8:02 pm

swfc1867 wrote:
yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
swfc1867 wrote:Ive no qualms about the manager mate...he's done wonders with a set of mismatched muppets that he had the misfortune to take over..but after years of watching Hirst, Waddle Nielsonn and co..its heartbreaking to hear 24'000 fans cheer a bloody 1-2 when it comes off..its depressing to haul my weary bones down to bournemouth and regale my kid with tales of when i toddled either side of Stanley park to see the Owls play the best football teams in the country...but sadly these days once you are out of the premiership...you're in the twilight zone..and getting back there is more about money than it is about ability....
Chelsea and the like in my opinion cannot hold a candle to the famous Liverpool sides i had the privelage of seeing home and away in years past...because those sides were made not bought..they were forged by the minds of your Shankly's and your Paisleys....there is no art to getting a cheque book out and buying your trophies....bright 12 yr olds could do it...and football is is poorer for it..
i for one can't relate to it..
i watched the cup final yesterday....and was in the ridiculous position of wanting both sides to lose...it doesn't get the pulse racing...its fvcking plastic

i know what you mean mate the game seems plastic all round. the genuine footy men have gone out the game. love them or hate them fella`s like revie, joe mercer, malcom allison, dave sexton, docherty and clough were characters and genuine football men with the game at heart.
regarding wednesday - sturrock looks a good manager who was treated harshly by soton. his record at plymouth was excellent. so keep your chin up and you`ll soon be back up and the first step on the ladder will be against hartlepool on sunday. good luck for the game.
its easy to support a team when everything is going well, its blokes like you and the fans who travel the country to watch the so called lesser teams that are the heart of the english game. no other country has 92 league clubs because no other country has fans like we do in the lower divisions. they`d all soon get bored and go and support a big club. loyalty is a word that still exists in our game. well done mate.

Thanks for the kind words mate...but sometimes over the last few years...i REALLY don't want to go...its lke visiting a sick relative in hospital ..you don't want to go..but feel obliged...
ive had a season ticket at Hillsborough since Noah said " I think its startin' to drizzle"..but games like next Sunday are the ones you hope for amid the dross..and Wednesday fans deserve it...to average 24'000 while watching the abysmal hacking we have seen over the last few years is a testament to stupidity...but next sunday ...i'll be proud to be stupid

24,000 in the third division is amazing. if you look at the spanish footy for instance take away real and barca and the rest of the teams are lucky to get that in their top flight.
city fans were the same when they were down there, but at least they had kinkladze to watch.
it must be really hard for fella`s like yourself to watch these lads (probably honest pro`s) when you`ve watched cultured passers like sheridan and class acts like waddle in the past.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sun May 22, 2005 8:12 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Talking about big clubs today with chelseas chav parade 250.000 turned up ???  since when have they been a :censored: big club :angry:  all glory hunting manchester united buckaneers jumping on the bandwagon :veryangry

.. it's all them hooligans, racists oh and the Chelsea pesnioners..  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 22, 2005 8:14 pm

zarababe wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Talking about big clubs today with chelseas chav parade 250.000 turned up ???  since when have they been a :censored: big club :angry:  all glory hunting manchester united buckaneers jumping on the bandwagon :veryangry

.. it's all them hooligans, racists oh and the Chelsea pesnioners..  :D

:laugh: chelsea pensioners lol like that bit of sarcasm zara  :;):  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swfc1867 » Tue May 24, 2005 10:41 pm

Not long to go now lads...i'll be watching the game in a pub in Hillsborough..and i can assure you that every Owls fan in there will be a Scouse tomorrow night, when i was a bit younger we used to go in the same pub and watch Liverpool grind the best sides in Europe into the dust....and Every Liverpool goal was greeted with same fervour as if Wednesday had scored....petty rivalries and such seem to have diluted that sort of passion for an English team winning over the past few years..but i can assure you i'll be cheering the Reds on tomorrow...
best of luck
bring it home!
swfc1867

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion