Robinho - Red's signing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:42 am

I suppose.

The english league is fairly unique, but on the other hand the Eredevesie (sp?) is quite similiar in style yet a number of South Americans have made a name for themselves their.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:20 am

azriahmad wrote:From what I have read today, Robino has almost certainly been purchased by Chelsea for 10 million pounds with him only joining in 2008/08 season. From january 2005 onwards, he will be loaned to Benfica as for now he will not get a work permit in the UK due to him not having played at the requisite minimum number (or rather %) of the games within the the past 1 or 2 years (if I am not mistaken it is playing in 75% (otr is it 25%) of the national squad matches from the time he was first capped or something like that).

If this is so, it is quite a gamble by Chelski - suppose he plays for Benfica and gets a horriffic injury that sidelines him for a year and Brazil caps several more new starlets that he never gets the minimum no. of games to qualify for a work permit by 2007/08, then he still can't play for Chelski. Well, it is their sugar daddy's money to gamble and throw away...:D

I have heard the same azria.

I remember reading an article in World Soccer a few months ago which said that Robinho had signed a "cast iron" contract with Santos to 2008, in which there were some funny clauses which tied him (or rather his registration) to Santos.

It might have something to do with Robinho apparently staying with Benfica till 2008, perhaps Santos are holding on to a share in the player like clubs do in Italy and Spain?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:22 am

I havent ever heard of that
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:51 am

Maybe its balls, but Robinho signed a deal with Santos earlier this year after a host of European sides tried to snap him up.

£10m seems a bit soft for a player of his calibre, and in Latin countries players registration is often held jointly by two clubs (eg E'to was owned jointly by Madrid and Mallorca last year).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby begintoend » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:06 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Starbridge42 wrote:Do we have scouts over there?  Its just baffling to think we wouldnt when a significant percent of the worlds top footballers come from South America.  If we really wanted to seek top talent we'd have a large number of scouts in Brazil, Argentina, and the rest of the south america.

But how many cut the mustard in the English top flight?

I can count them on one hand.

Not many cos the english is always bias upon the talent there. Saying that they wouldn't make it in EPL. Had it been us earlier, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Saviola, Adriano would have been in the EPL 1st. Rather than some Dutch or french league. Would you not think that they will fail in our league too?

Technically they are players with exceptional quality. These are players that I wouldn't mind having in LFC. Robinho is an exceptional quality. I like his potential.

But on the other hand, we are not as rich.  :down:
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:09 am

Thats right, I remember there being talk that R Madrid would block his move to barcelona
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:00 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:Do we have scouts over there?  Its just baffling to think we wouldnt when a significant percent of the worlds top footballers come from South America.  If we really wanted to seek top talent we'd have a large number of scouts in Brazil, Argentina, and the rest of the south america.

I have never read anywhere of any connection at all between LFC and South America. I don't think we have even played there. The World Championship Cup Finals where in Japan.
Surprising as it is, I suspect we have no scouts and no active agents etc.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:09 pm

well thats something we should probably look at investing in
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:56 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:well thats something we should probably look at investing in

Perhaps Rafa is more aware of the South American scene from his work in Spain. Maybe he will generate some movement from within the club.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:34 pm

Robinho signing with us is very unlikely. First and foremost this kid would be expencive. We are talking about 30 million + and I doubt that Benitez would pay that kind of money even for a player like Robinho.

Secondly, there aren't many Brazilian players who have been successful in the Barclays Premiership. Most likely Robinho will sign with an Italian or Spanish club.

Thirdly, Robinho signed a new contract with Santos even after being chased by big time clubs from Europe. He is staying in Brazil for the time being.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:39 pm

i cant say im upset... we got a lot of talent here, i dont wanna be spending 30 million on a kid from brazil, even if he is as good as this kid looks. might not be the right attitude but this isnt the time for us to be taking amjor gamble
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:41 pm

We don't have enough money as it is and spending huge amount of money on one talented player is not good business. As Benitez has shown, you can buy talented players for a low amount of money. [Garcia,Alonso]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:43 pm

A.B. wrote:We don't have enough money as it is and spending huge amount of money on one talented player is not good business. As Benitez has shown, you can buy talented players for a low amount of money. [Garcia,Alonso]

A.B, i totally agree.

id like to see the big guy bruno (cheyrou, not emile!!!) come back, if anyone can sort him out its benitez and i still think theres possibly somehitng there
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:17 am

Starbridge42 wrote:The english league is fairly unique, but on the other hand the Eredevesie (sp?) is quite similiar in style yet a number of South Americans have made a name for themselves their.

yeah but the eredevesie is not in the same league as the premiership ...... in the league of leagues  :D

im sure you know what i mean !
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby greenred » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:20 am

No Dom :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion