Robbie keane was a red thread - Lasting memories of robbie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:41 pm

kazza wrote:Two wins in the league since Keane left. More team unity now.

Bit harsh that Kazza, meaning, in the last two games we have also counted with Torres, who's the kind of player who converts draws in victories.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:49 pm

I am not stating that Keane was hurting us Sabre, just pointing out that since he left so far so good. I respect that he was trying but felt the team was not happy (ie not much unity) and could not figure why. Since he left they seem happier so I made the obvious conclusion. I am sure however that it is not as simple as that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Just listened to Robbie Keane's interview on BBC Sport, he had the opportunity to have a dig at Rafa but being the professional he is, chose not to. 

Rafa was wrong to say he couldn't cope with the pace at Liverpool when clearly he didn't give him a chance.

Big respect to Robbie, true professional and a gentleman.
Rockthekop

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:Personally I didn't know it wasn't OK to say Paddy, Emerald, so if I have ever used the phrase I am sorry mate. 

Why do rabbits die when someone stands on someones foot in Ireland ..... Micks o' my toeses

Sorry about that but it's getting late :D

S@int, it's not the worst thing in the world to call a person from Ireland, I know. It's not particularly that bad of a thing. Again, I'll say it's all down to the context in the manner of which it is being used is all. If you and I were out for a drink or something, and you called me a stupid Paddy in jest, then so long as I knew you, and I knew you were messing about, it's fine. But when it's used as a "blanket term" to denigrate, then it becomes something different and it is insulting and offensive. I would take offense if a total stranger called me that to address me. It's just bloody rude.

Oh, and the Irish jokes are fine BTW. Well, only if they are funny that is.  :D

Im with Emerald on this one
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Calling someone a Paki is highly offensive to the ethnic community.

Paddy can be just as offensive to the Irish.

Personally it doesn't bother me, I'm a Paddy and proud   :buttrock

Some eejit thinks we are blindly loyal to Keane cuz he's Irish too, boll@cks! He was badly treated, no other reason.
Rockthekop

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Keane is talking on SKY SPORTS 1 now.

first bit they asked him, "your at the ground the team sheet is put up, your not on it, how do you feel"

thats a bit of a silly thing to ask.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

I dont get people being offended by terms such as Paddy(its a slang term for Irish) or Paki(short for Pakistani)
Why would you be offended by that??Its not offensive and its not racist!If someone turns and says. "all Paddys are bast@rds"...thats when it becomes racist and is out of order!

I dont see it as any different in someone calling me a Brit as someone saying Paki!Brit funnily is the first 4 letters of British,Paki is the first 4 letters of Pakistani...whats insulting,derogatory or racist about that?
Feck all...people need to get over themselves!

Call me a Brit any time...Im proud to be!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Number 9 wrote:I dont get people being offended by terms such as Paddy(its a slang term for Irish) or Paki(short for Pakistani)
Why would you be offended by that??Its not offensive and its not racist!If someone turns and says. "all Paddys are bast@rds"...thats when it becomes racist and is out of order!

I dont see it as any different in someone calling me a Brit as someone saying Paki!Brit funnily is the first 4 letters of British,Paki is the first 4 letters of Pakistani...whats insulting,derogatory or racist about that?

I think the terms are used out of context and deliberately said to ignite tension between two people..
With the "paki" label its always used against brown skinned people even though they may not be from pakistan and could be from iraq,india etc....

Also with some cultures and background the people themselve use these labels but dont like it when outsiders refer to them as......

Its like with black they call themselves "niggers" but yet dont like it when people refer to them as that...
This is a different issue but calling someone paki or paddy could be as offensive as calling someone nigger....

Anyways back to football
:D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Madmax wrote:
Number 9 wrote:I dont get people being offended by terms such as Paddy(its a slang term for Irish) or Paki(short for Pakistani)

I think the terms are used out of context and deliberately said to ignite tension between two people..
With the "paki" label its always used against brown skinned people even though they may not be from pakistan and could be from iraq,india etc....

Also with some cultures and background the people themselve use these labels but dont like it when outsiders refer to them as......

Its like with black they call themselves "niggers" but yet dont like it when people refer to them as that...
This is a different issue but calling someone paki or paddy could be as offensive as calling someone nigger....

Anyways back to football

If someone gets offended with a name like that then IMO they have an inferiority complex and need to sort it out!

As you say though..back to footy,some fanny always gets offended! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Madmax wrote:

Anyways back to football

If someone gets offended with a name like that then IMO they have an inferiority complex and need to sort it out!

As you say though..back to footy,some fanny always gets offended! :D

:D  Keane to score today   :nod
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:25 pm

I'm watchin Arsenal v Spurs can i just say Spurs are small minded w@nkers
just like Everton i hate the Kunt's.

Robbie Keane might be a good player but he's a miserable k'unt when he falls over
he moans, when the ref doesn't see something his way he moans.

I wanted him to play for us but i don't like his attitude.

And on another note i hope 10 man Arsenal tw@t the k'unts.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Why? Id much rather see Arsenal slip further behind us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Me too....Its looking good for Spurs to win!
Villa will be licking their lips as well.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:37 pm

hope mannure slip up today... zola show your lad some of your brilliance.. lol i heard after each match he gives all the lads a pizza treat
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Cos i hate spurs :D

I understand the logic it makes sense that Arsenal loose.

But i really hate them k'unts.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion