Robbie keane was a red thread - Lasting memories of robbie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:37 am

What I don't understand is when I said I didn't rate Keane before he came, there was only Stmichael agreed with me. Now suddenly everyone thought he was cr@p and never rated him. :D
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 am

Not me S@int, happy to put my hand up and say I rated him (infact still do rate him) and thought he'd go much better than he did. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) I thought he was handled ridiculously badly, but even so he definately had chances at the start of the season and didn't take them. Curiously, he got more opportunities when he couldn't hit a cows erse with a banjo than he did when he had relative success.

I'm still a bit gutted that we never gave some of the old methodology a try. I know it's a bit old fashioned, but we could have given the old "look he's scored twice so lets not haul him off, then pick him for the next match" routine a go. We had two opportunites to give that a try, but on both occasions went for the somewhat more modernist "feck me he's scored twice, gerrim off and he can fecking forget about starting the next match n'all. No?" approach.

So I rated him before he came, and I still rate him since he's left. I've absolutely no doubt he will be a revelation at Spurs, and I've a hunch that Redknapp may be a bit more of a traditionalist when it comes to building a player up. He's already recieved more praise from Redknapp in three days than he did in six months at Anfield.

No, he's a good player and that's why Rafa paid 20 million quid for him in the first place.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 am

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has made Robbie Keane his side's new captain following the striker's return to White Hart Lane from Liverpool.

sorry if it has already been put on
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 am

i still find it absurd that people actually think Rafa never signed him.  I mean Rafa has a say on all the transfers but Robbie Keane was out of his control.  Its crazy to think this is the case.  Rafa signed him and quickly realised it was a mistake.  Its not the first time he has made a blunder in the transfer market and wont be the last.
puroresu

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 am

bigmick wrote:Not me S@int, happy to put my hand up and say I rated him (infact still do rate him) and thought he'd go much better than he did. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) I thought he was handled ridiculously badly, but even so he definately had chances at the start of the season and didn't take them. Curiously, he got more opportunities when he couldn't hit a cows erse with a banjo than he did when he had relative success.

I'm still a bit gutted that we never gave some of the old methodology a try. I know it's a bit old fashioned, but we could have given the old "look he's scored twice so lets not haul him off, then pick him for the next match" routine a go. We had two opportunites to give that a try, but on both occasions went for the somewhat more modernist "feck me he's scored twice, gerrim off and he can fecking forget about starting the next match n'all. No?" approach.

So I rated him before he came, and I still rate him since he's left. I've absolutely no doubt he will be a revelation at Spurs, and I've a hunch that Redknapp may be a bit more of a traditionalist when it comes to building a player up. He's already recieved more praise from Redknapp in three days than he did in six months at Anfield.

No, he's a good player and that's why Rafa paid 20 million quid for him in the first place.

The thing I can't understand is when Keane came Rafa emphasised that Keane could also play on the right, yet he never tried him out there. He works hard, seemed just as good at missing chances as Kuyt, and had a better first touch. Might have been worth giving him a chance out there.
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 am

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:Not me S@int, happy to put my hand up and say I rated him (infact still do rate him) and thought he'd go much better than he did. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) I thought he was handled ridiculously badly, but even so he definately had chances at the start of the season and didn't take them. Curiously, he got more opportunities when he couldn't hit a cows erse with a banjo than he did when he had relative success.

The thing I can't understand is when Keane came Rafa emphasised that Keane could also play on the right, yet he never tried him out there. He works hard, seemed just as good at missing chances as Kuyt, and had a better first touch. Might have been worth giving him a chance out there.

:nod

my thoughts exactly (I made the same point in the last keane thread, and used rafa's exact quote)

- I'm quite sure he would have made more of an impact on the right... but seeing as Dirk 'the one who can never be dropped' Kuyt plays there, it never happened
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:06 am

Good post that!
The only thing I can imagine is ,there was a bust up behind closed doors, or he simply didnt like his attitude. For that to brush off onto the rest of the squad would have been disastrous.
Or a few players had differences in the dressing room. Theres one game in particular and if I had have been Keane, i wouldve chased Babel at full time and kicked him round the dressing room- in perfect positions numerous times and Babel either never seen him or blasted wildly over :sleepy:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 am

Sabre wrote:I guess something terrible had to happen in the dressroom that forced Keane's departure. OK. But a replacement should have come.  :(

What happened in the dressing room?  Keano called him a fat spanish waiter , i guess? just joking. Anyway, agree with you on the replacement thing. That's what i've been thinking lately. Just imagine Torres or Gerrard get injured , God Forbid..... who would score for us? hell without those two , we can't even score a goal in 10 games! I'm not saying selling Keane was a mistake or not but at least you have to replace him with somebody. While other teams getting new players to keep up with the league, we, as a title contender are doing the opposite. i still can't imagine relying on Babel, Kuyt and Egg nog as our source of goals in challenging for the title.   
:(   

aaayyyyyyyee...my mistake. Sorry , this is a robbie keane thread.
Last edited by red_guy on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:04 pm

he's been made captain of spurs
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:16 pm

he must have caught kuyt giving rafa a bj in the changing rooms   :D
112-1077774096

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:24 pm

peewee wrote:he must have caught kuyt giving rafa a bj in the changing rooms   :D

Only a complete queer would say something so stupid
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:36 pm

kazza wrote:
peewee wrote:he must have caught kuyt giving rafa a bj in the changing rooms   :D

takes one to know one etc    :sleep

blah blah blah
112-1077774096

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:43 pm

peewee wrote:
kazza wrote:

takes one to know one etc    :sleep

blah blah blah

Wow you cut deep with that one. Next time use the "sticks and stones" one as it may make you sound more masculine

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:47 pm

kazza wrote:

Not really alot of straight people think the same thing.

Rafa and Kuyt that is.

Obviously it has been said in jest. Or has it.  :oops:
Last edited by mistyred on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:47 pm

from a guy who was 'in the navy'

anyway, ho hum. what's up, is mick offline so you will try and sh!t stir with me now?

no thanks, bob is watching   :eyebrow
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion