Robbie keane was a red thread - Lasting memories of robbie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:13 am

bigmick wrote:Interesting dress sense he has. You can take the man out of Russia, etc etc.

:laugh:

so true
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mintal27 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 am

I'd rather have Kuyt or Voronin upfront than Keane, you can forgive them for their misses as they didn't cost twenty million. You pay premium prices for star players and some nitwit at Liverpool spent a premium price on a player who looks great in an average squad. Of course we'll have more of the same, I was being facetious. I don't like Keane and so I was delighted that he left and as for a replacement, he was virtually non-existent in the squad, therefore we'll cope without him and if Torres gets injured we'll just have to put up, shut up and get on with things instead of whining like a Sarah Palin's husband when it comes sperming her up for another welfare cheque.
Mintal27

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:08 am

Thewaykokid wrote:Robbie Keane told to return to Spurs or rot at Liverpool by Rafa Benitez

By John Cross 3/02/2009
Robbie Keane and Rafa Benitez (Pic:Getty)

Robbie Keane was last night forced out of Liverpool before completing an incredible return to Tottenham.

Keane, who only moved to Anfield for £20.3million in July, was determined to stay.

But boss Rafa Benitez bullied him into rejoining Spurs after warning he was prepared to let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season. Republic of Ireland striker Keane, 28, even told Liverpool he only wanted to sign for Tottenham on loan until May.

But Benitez made it clear that the forward had no future on Merseyside while he was still manager.

The bitter breakdown left Keane with no choice and he returned to White Hart Lane for an initial £12m, rising to £15.5m.

Benitez is now set to sign a new four-year contract this week to stay at Anfield.

An absolute f@rking disgrace i tell ya! Poor man, very poor man management.

I dont think any player will ever want to come to LFC again while Rafa is in charge

Who is John Cross, where are the quotes, what is the source, and why do you believe every bag of sh*t you read?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:13 am

boodawn wrote:As a paddy I try to follow the Irish players in the premiership. I'm not an out and out Liverpool fan but I love the city and the people of Liv. I've always admired the way the club approached the game of football, on and off the field. In regards to Robbie Keane, I don't understand how you can bench a player, who will run himself and defenders ragged. If you don't have heart you are cheating the fans. I think Torres and Benitez conspired to keep him out. He must be gutted at what has happened.

Are you on drugs?

Why on Earth would Torres try and keep him out of the team, you mentalist?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
Thewaykokid wrote:Robbie Keane told to return to Spurs or rot at Liverpool by Rafa Benitez

By John Cross 3/02/2009
Robbie Keane and Rafa Benitez (Pic:Getty)

Robbie Keane was last night forced out of Liverpool before completing an incredible return to Tottenham.

Keane, who only moved to Anfield for £20.3million in July, was determined to stay.

But boss Rafa Benitez bullied him into rejoining Spurs after warning he was prepared to let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season. Republic of Ireland striker Keane, 28, even told Liverpool he only wanted to sign for Tottenham on loan until May.

But Benitez made it clear that the forward had no future on Merseyside while he was still manager.

The bitter breakdown left Keane with no choice and he returned to White Hart Lane for an initial £12m, rising to £15.5m.

Benitez is now set to sign a new four-year contract this week to stay at Anfield.

An absolute f@rking disgrace i tell ya! Poor man, very poor man management.

I dont think any player will ever want to come to LFC again while Rafa is in charge

Benitez is a stuborn waiter as far as i am concerned. He has well lost the plot thev sooner he goes the better....then we might get someone who knows how to get the best out of players....instead of being stuck with one who likes to destroy players confidences.In Rafa i will never trust, get rid i say...and take parry with him. :nod

:sleep

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:57 am

I cant believe some of the sh!te thats been posted by some in this thread  :no

Torres and Rafa conspiracy theory :laugh: it really is laughable
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:04 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
boodawn wrote:As a paddy I try to follow the Irish players in the premiership. I'm not an out and out Liverpool fan but I love the city and the people of Liv. I've always admired the way the club approached the game of football, on and off the field. In regards to Robbie Keane, I don't understand how you can bench a player, who will run himself and defenders ragged. If you don't have heart you are cheating the fans. I think Torres and Benitez conspired to keep him out. He must be gutted at what has happened.

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:08 am

Some comments were made by Alex Ferguson about Robbie Keane and the price you paid for him - were they ill-timed?
Rafa: I think he was surprised about the price because he was cheap. They paid around £30m for Berbatov, Rooney or Ferdinand - or even £35m for Tevez. That is maybe where the surprise came from.

This quote from Rafa seems to have been forgotten in all the haste to hang Parry.
account deleted by request

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:10 am

Its a sad article if true, but no quotes = no belief from me.

I just hope if it is true, Keane wont hate Liverpool, just rafa and parry.  Whether he was :censored: or not he was still a fan, and its never good to lose them.
SupitsJonF

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:19 am

s@int wrote:Some comments were made by Alex Ferguson about Robbie Keane and the price you paid for him - were they ill-timed?
Rafa: I think he was surprised about the price because he was cheap. They paid around £30m for Berbatov, Rooney or Ferdinand - or even £35m for Tevez. That is maybe where the surprise came from.

This quote from Rafa seems to have been forgotten in all the haste to hang Parry.

Thats a dig Saint I think its funny :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 am

Ciggy wrote:
s@int wrote:Some comments were made by Alex Ferguson about Robbie Keane and the price you paid for him - were they ill-timed?

Thats a dig Saint I think its funny :D

Just a gentle poke Ciggy  :D

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:40 am

Rush Job wrote:I hate to sound like a broken record but ......

Ive been saying it for months

Nearly every bleeding post of yours says "Ive been saying this for ages" or "I said this ages ago.."

You ARE a broken record man, when I saw your post I was expecting it.
And you didn't disappoint ( or should I say, you DID)
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:43 am

Effes wrote:
Rush Job wrote:I hate to sound like a broken record but ......

Ive been saying it for months

Nearly every bleeding post of yours says "Ive been saying this for ages" or "I said this ages ago.."

You ARE a broken record man, when I saw your post I was expecting it.
And you didn't disappoint ( or should I say, you DID)

I've been saying that for months Effes  :D

Postby Number 9 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:43 am

boodawn wrote:I think Torres and Benitez conspired to keep him out. He must be gutted at what has happened.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Yeah you're Spot on,it was Torres and Rafa,they conspired to keep him out!
Holy sweet fu'ck..give yourself a shake!

Starting to sound to me like he was giving off too much about not getting enough time on the pitch and Rafa did'nt like it.I doubt his short stint at LFC was down to his ability.
Lets face it,the likes of Voronin,Kuyt etc will tell you that you dont need to be Ian Rush to become part of the squad.

I cat help feeling that had Keane had kept his head down,worked hard and kept his mouth shut he may still be here.It seems he may have talked his way out all by himself.If he was disrupting the rest of the players its best he went.

As for the club versus country row thats been had on here,its obvious where most Ireland fans loyalties lie!  :D

Torres and Raffa conspired! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:44 am

Pah months is feck all. Rotation is b0ll0cks and I've been saying it for years. Feck months  :D
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion