Robbie keane

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 67-1098209959 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:24 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Robbie Keane is one of the most frustrating players around.

He has loads of ability but often spoils it all with his showboating and penchant for the impossible.

You hit the nail on the head there mate.

In that respect he is simlar to Baros, but Baros is getting better at keeping his head up and looking for the right pass.
67-1098209959

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:26 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:Keane is a good player but as jbg said he over-elaborates and loses some of his game cos of it.

and his celebration p*sses me off!!!   its so sh*t!!

if yer gonna do that type of thing then do four back flips and do it properly, a sh*tty little cartwheel and forward roll is like when you were in gym in junior school. he's been sat there for hours trying to think of something that looks cool and its so tacky.    wrecks my head when he does that!!!!!

:laugh:  :D  :laugh: pmsl
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:39 pm

maximus wrote:Didn't Robbie go to Inter from Coventry? How did he do there? Or did he just not get the chance, anyone remember?

He did reasonably well but the problem was that he was too young and Inter had a lot of problems, including a vastly bloated squad and were changing managers faster than Dom1 changes his avatar.

David O' Leary offered him a way out, but Keane might of made something of himself over there had he stuck it out.

The Inter fans called him "Baby Irish".  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:45 pm

maximus wrote:Didn't Robbie go to Inter from Coventry? How did he do there? Or did he just not get the chance, anyone remember?

Inter got a new manager shortly after he joined.Leeds offered them their money back and they took it.He was too young for that move anyway.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:50 pm

greenred wrote:

Inter got a new manager shortly after he joined.Leeds offered them their money back and they took it.He was too young for that move anyway.

True.

Robbie was too young to go to Italy when he did, and Inter were the wrong club as they had about 19 other forwards.  :D

Robbie is a good player, but he could be so much better than he is. He has all the skills, but often takes the wrong option when in possession.

I think a really top class coach would sort him out and turn him into a world class footballer.

He would give Liverpool another option if he came as he can play deep or further forward, but I'm not 100% sure if he's the right kind of striker we need to bury all the opportunities we are making lately.

Its absolutely fantastic that our midfield (minus Gerrard!) are carving open sides (especially given the problems we had opening up defences for the last 10 years or so), and once we get our strikers sorted, even more goals will start flying in.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Hirdy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:15 pm

anyway surely santini wouldnt be stupid enough to let him go would he. the problem at spurs now is 1). no service the midfield is ****** 2) keane and defoe are small players and very similiar. keane seems to be the way out dont know why cause i dont buy into this bollox that defoe is better than keane. give me keane anyday.
Hirdy

Postby XSD » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:47 pm

I'd rather take Ledley King.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:57 pm

I'd take anyone (apart from Defoe) right now. We can't beat Blackburn!!

If you can't beat the bottom side, then you may as well just pack it in. :Oo:
Red_Si

Postby XSD » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:02 pm

They didn't play like the bottom side. I can't believe people are still whining about it, it was an exciting game of football ruined by a horrific injury.
Last edited by XSD on Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:08 pm

Red_Si wrote:I'd take anyone (apart from Defoe) right now. We can't beat Blackburn!!

what planet are you on sonny?

the bottom teams regularly beat or draw with the top ones.

cast your mind back to saturday at Highbury.

i suppose Arsenal are just gonna have to face it that there's no point as they are sh*te. (eh?)
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:13 pm

Red_Si wrote:I'd take anyone (apart from Defoe) right now. We can't beat Blackburn!!

Enlightened.  :D

Man UTD lost 0-3 at Old Tafford to York in November 1995 in the league cup, a season in which they won the double.

In 1999 they drew 0-0 with Blackburn (who were then relegated): UTD went on to win the Treble.

Our own club has suffered a few poor defeats to lesser clubs in its golden days: doesn't really mean anything.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 84-1099501019 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:45 pm

St.Micheal is T-W-A-T
84-1099501019

Postby E7. » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:31 pm

greenred wrote:
E7. wrote:
Hirdy wrote:did any of u pool fans hear any rumour that robbie is a possible target for u in Jan. Heard it from one or two spurs fans and it seemed genuine? ???

Keane is a knacker...... end of!!!

What does that mean?You know nothing my friend.

He’s a ****** illiterate from Tallaght. I know more than you think my "friend"...
E7.

Postby squirrel » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:33 pm

There was an interview with an ex Irish scout of ours, which was on Sky Sports. Apparently he had recommended Keane, Duff, O'Shea and Liam Miller when they were about 13, and all were keen on joining. Our coaches dithered though, and all were snapped up by other clubs. How much money could we have saved on that lot!!!!
squirrel

Postby greenred » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:20 pm

E7. wrote:He’s a ****** illiterate from Tallaght. I know more than you think my "friend"...

I repeat,you no nothing.Get a bleedin life.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion