Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 pm

s@int wrote:Was this only a few short months ago :-

Rafa Benitez believes Robbie Keane can be the perfect foil for 33-goal Fernando Torres next term.
The Anfield boss sees the pair as a lethal combination of guile and pace capable of firing the Reds to glory in 2008-09.

Speaking exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv after the 28-year-old signed last night, Benitez said: "We were looking for a player with game intelligence and good movement who could play alongside Torres.

"He can play with Torres up front and also on the right.

"We knew he was a Liverpool fan since forever. We knew that he was a very good signing in terms of the commitment, the quality and the intelligence of the player.

"He is a player who can give to us a lot of goals – normally he gets about 15 each year. We were looking for the workrate he can give to us, the game intelligence and also the goals."

Keane scored an impressive 107 goals in 253 appearances for former club Tottenham – but the penalty box isn't the only place Benitez believes he'll have an impact.

The Reds manager thinks his new boy will have a positive effect on team morale.

"He has experience in the Premier League and also all the reports of his personality and professionalism are fantastic. He can be a good example for the young players," said Benitez.

"I feel like he has enough experience in the game and that he has a very good mentality. He is very hungry, so everything is positive."

After being unveiled to the press this morning, Keane could travel with his new teammates to Villarreal.

Whenever he does make his debut, it is likely to be in the number seven shirt.

Benitez added: "Yes, we were talking about the number, and the big names that have had this number, so it will be inspirational for him to have it too."

One of the first questions fans will be asking when Keane does finally make his bow is whether they'll see his famous cartwheel goal celebration.

The man himself says it would be rude not to bring it out once for the Kop, though Benitez has told supporters not to expect spectacular celebrations week in, week out.

He said: "We will talk. It is important to score and also to celebrate afterwards, but he has to be careful just in case!"

:angry: shurrup S@int.

We all know Rafa never wanted him in the first place  :D  Least that well and truly puts that little bit of ridiculousness to bed.  :talktothehand
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spion » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:08 pm

If clubs have faxed their intention to sign a player to the FA they can take until midnight to sort out the details. This is according to Sky sports & Setanta.
spion

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Number 9 wrote:This threads mad,you'd think we had sold Torres! :D

2003/2009 i have been on this site same thing for me every bloody year that's why i'm pi'ssed off.

32 supported Liverpool since the age of aroun 4 have seen great times and want to see much more.

But make no mistake i can't help but think we may
well have shot ourselves in the foot.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:10 pm

spion wrote:If clubs have faxed their intention to sign a player to the FA they can take until midnight to sort out the details. This is according to Sky sports & Setanta.

There's no tiny inkling of us signing anybody though. I can't believe we've let Keane go with no replacement - it's madness.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:10 pm

we havent ? you sure ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:10 pm

well i can't argue with you there scot :(
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 pm

spion wrote:If clubs have faxed their intention to sign a player to the FA they can take until midnight to sort out the details. This is according to Sky sports & Setanta.

Theres still hope!!!!!!
Although i know deep down nobody has signed lol.

We can't do anything baout it now but try and focus on our current squad and wrap torres in smooooooooth cotton wool. :buttrock
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 pm

mistyred wrote:

2003/2009 i have been on this site same thing for me every bloody year that's why i'm pi'ssed off.

32 supported Liverpool since the age of aroun 4 have seen great times and want to see much more.

We'll be grand if Nando stays fit!
Chill out mate! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 pm

europian-kings wrote:i was so gutted we signed nobody after selling keane i was even going to cheer the headline....Voronin called back from loan deal :D

but it wasn't to happen :(

Let's pray to god Torres has got his injuries out of the way.

Don't worry If that's happen ... These 2 guys will play as strikers ...

LiverpoolMadman

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:14 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Feckin hell relax will you. Everyone here is acting like we just sold someone who has scored 15 goals so far. He hasnt done :censored: to contribute to where we are in a big way. Im honeslty not that bothered if we don't bring in someone. I think we have enough in us to get us through all the competitions.

I agree with your there Bav, An whats the point in going out an panic buying at the mo when we can have a good nosy over the next few moths an line someone up classy.

Imo better he went than picking up his wages every week for doin nothin now before anyone kicks off i was as made up as most people when he came i loved his enthusiasm for the game but sadly it didnt work out so get rid as soon as an save on his wages .

We are supposedly trying to win the title with one decent striker, while playing in the CL AND FA cup. Rafa is always moaning about players playing too many games. So whats the answer play Kuyt up front against Madrid? Or rest Torres in some of the so called easier league games......... you know the ones we usually draw. 

Absolutely absurd decision. I don't think Keane was the answer......... I fkn KNOW N'gog, Babel and Kuyt aren't.
account deleted by request

Postby Raffmaker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 pm

So whats the fuss? Keane is not good enough.

Somewhere in the management there is a major C*ck up, buying him then selling him a few months later, and no player in return?

What if Torres gets a lay off now?

???
Raffmaker

Postby redrover » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Number 9 wrote:
mistyred wrote:

We'll be grand if Nando stays fit!
Chill out mate! :D

yeh thats it .rafa has gambled the rest of the season on torres staying fit. what an idiot. 4 and a half years more of this rubbish ? no thanks. the wrong man has left the club. ive lost any remaiing respect for him now. disgusted with him
shamrock rovers and liverpool are not a matter of life and death to me. they are much more important than that.
redrover

Postby europian-kings » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 pm

1915: "Still waiting for news that Liverpool have signed Javier Saviola or David Villa or Fred? Someone? Anyone!? Surely in such an important season they cannot have sold Keane and left us with Ngog's raw potential..."
Jbran, Oldham, via text on 81111
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 pm

This topic has now been closed.

Feel free to post your Best Keane moments in the new thread that has just opened.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion