Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
puroresu wrote:Why didnt we get rid of Keane a few weeks ago.  Surely that would of given us more time to find possible replacements.

because this club is run by monkeys

Feckin hell relax will you. Everyone here is acting like we just sold someone who has scored 15 goals so far. He hasnt done :censored: to contribute to where we are in a big way. Im honeslty not that bothered if we don't bring in someone. I think we have enough in us to get us through all the competitions.

Bav,
Get real! We've just wasted, i would say, about £10 mil.
Then we have the small matter of Ngog as the back-up striker now. See a slight problem with that? I do!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 pm

treated like a peice of dog shi te ?????jesus christ the guy is a pro footballer - he didnt deserve any special treatment or anything . Rafa bought him realised he wasnt going to work out so didnt play him as much and then sold him - thats the life of a footballer for you . keane wasnt the first and wont be the last . As had been said by plenty of people on here - the guy missed plenty of sitters during his games - and if he really wanted to succeed then he would of made sure of it just like torres did last year when he was rested/dropped . came back next game score a hat trick - what did keane do to impress us or the manager ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Reg wrote:He probably read this forum S@int.

:laugh: I  don't think he would have come in the first place if he had read this forum mate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Penguins » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:43 pm

GYBS wrote:
Penguins wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:We've fu...c...k...ed it. what is Rafa's planning for the rest of the season? The league, Champions League and FA Cup with just one striker who is trying to avoid his 4th hamstring injury of the season. All this when we are chasing a league title. Waiting in the wings we have Dirk Kuyt, the most maligned forward we have seen at the club in god knows how may years. We have David Ngog, who has so far looked young, frail and inexperienced or there's Ryan Babel, a self proclaimed striker whom Rafa has never had the faith to even play in his favoured position in any game of significance since he arrived at the club. And then we've got a couple of lads in the youth team who (despite a decent pre-season) have never got anywhere near the first team. I'm simply amazed that the manager has let his squad get into this predicament. We're relying on Torres staying fit for for the rest of the season and on Babel turning himself into a first class striker. Otherwise we are completely fu...c...k...ed. Anyone disagree?

bang on mate, the whole situation is a disgrace and has left a real sour taste in the mouth. What the hell are our options now?

Bang on.

But we all know how much Rafa overvalues Kuyt.
If Torres is injured he believes Kuyt is more of a threat than Keane could be. And even if Kuyt doesn't score for 10 games in a row as a striker, like last season, Rafa will still continue playing him 90 min game in and game out  :angry:

Number of titles won with Kuyt in the team until today: 0

More to the point, I am convinced Keane was parry's signing
which made Rafa :censored: and looked for an excuse not to play him. Sub Keane after 60 min every game, unlike his lovechild Kuyt who never gets subbed, and bench Keane after scoring 3 goals in a couple of games.

Rafa has never to this date understood the meaning of "in form players".
Better to have Kuyt who never has any form, good or bad, just average every game.

So now Kuyt is the reason we havent won the title ?

Number of titles with gerrard,torres,pepe,carra, xabi , masher etc etc etc NONE .

every single post you make slags off kuyt - try something new

P.s. Kuyt has scored mroe goals outwide than keane scored up front this season .

Gerrard, Reina, Carra, Xabi have won titles. Torres and masch have been here for 1 season.

Kuyt has been here longer. Remember the 07 final.
Every damn supporter wanted Crouch up top.
What does Rafa do?
Plays Kuyt alone for 90! Worthless

Why do I slag Kuyt off?
Do you think there might be reason?
Cause he is an insult to all SKILLED football professionals out there. Oh, sorry, he works hard and loves the club so
he is beyond critism. Could I also sign for the club?
I would work my :censored: off if I could be on the field for 1 min
and I love the club.
He was bought as a striker for big money and he is absolutely worthless as one. 21 games playing almost 90 min ever damn one of them first half of last season and he gets one league goal. And even that goal he had no idea about. Sorry, he had those 2 pens vs the blueshite to pad his stats....

I will continue to slag that excuse for a striker as long as he is pestering the club I love.

And please don't compare Kuyt and Keane.
Kuyt has played more minutes than any other player in the whole team! and Keane gets subbed every damn game and got benched the following game after he scored a goal.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Penguins wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Penguins wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:We've fu...c...k...ed it. what is Rafa's planning for the rest of the season? The league, Champions League and FA Cup with just one striker who is trying to avoid his 4th hamstring injury of the season. All this when we are chasing a league title. Waiting in the wings we have Dirk Kuyt, the most maligned forward we have seen at the club in god knows how may years. We have David Ngog, who has so far looked young, frail and inexperienced or there's Ryan Babel, a self proclaimed striker whom Rafa has never had the faith to even play in his favoured position in any game of significance since he arrived at the club. And then we've got a couple of lads in the youth team who (despite a decent pre-season) have never got anywhere near the first team. I'm simply amazed that the manager has let his squad get into this predicament. We're relying on Torres staying fit for for the rest of the season and on Babel turning himself into a first class striker. Otherwise we are completely fu...c...k...ed. Anyone disagree?

bang on mate, the whole situation is a disgrace and has left a real sour taste in the mouth. What the hell are our options now?

Bang on.

But we all know how much Rafa overvalues Kuyt.
If Torres is injured he believes Kuyt is more of a threat than Keane could be. And even if Kuyt doesn't score for 10 games in a row as a striker, like last season, Rafa will still continue playing him 90 min game in and game out  :angry:

More to the point, I am convinced Keane was parry's signing
which made Rafa :censored: and looked for an excuse not to play him. Sub Keane after 60 min every game, unlike his lovechild Kuyt who never gets subbed, and bench Keane after scoring 3 goals in a couple of games.

Rafa has never to this date understood the meaning of "in form players".
Better to have Kuyt who never has any form, good or bad, just average every game.

So now Kuyt is the reason we havent won the title ?

Number of titles with gerrard,torres,pepe,carra, xabi , masher etc etc etc NONE .

every single post you make slags off kuyt - try something new

P.s. Kuyt has scored mroe goals outwide than keane scored up front this season .

Gerrard, Reina, Carra, Xabi have won titles. Torres and masch have been here for 1 season.

Kuyt has been here longer. Remember the 07 final.
Every damn supporter wanted Crouch up top.
What does Rafa do?
Plays Kuyt alone for 90! Worthless

Why do I slag Kuyt off?
Do you think there might be reason?
Cause he is an insult to all SKILLED football professionals out there. Oh, sorry, he works hard and loves the club so
he is beyond critism. Could I also sign for the club?
I would work my :censored: off if I could be on the field for 1 min
and I love the club.
He was bought as a striker for big money and he is absolutely worthless as one. 21 games playing almost 90 min ever damn one of them first half of last season and he gets one league goal. And even that goal he had no idea about. Sorry, he had those 2 pens vs the blueshite to pad his stats....

I will continue to slag that excuse for a striker as long as he is pestering the club I love.

And please don't compare Kuyt and Keane.
Kuyt has played more minutes than any other player in the whole team! and Keane gets subbed every damn game and got benched the following game after he scored a goal.

oh dear you do have a problem dont you .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 pm

s@int wrote:

:laugh: I  don't think he would have come in the first place if he had read this forum mate  :D

Probably because this forum is so anti-Liverpool :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:46 pm

GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
Scottbot wrote:All of our rivals have strengthened during this window

really???

Okay so we're waiting on the Arshavin and Quaresma deals but if they go through, then yes, they will have strengthened in my opinion.

Both of those deals wont effect us at all mate - Arshavin as good as he is wont solve arsenals problems and quasimodo will not improve chelsea one single bit .

All we need now is to sign 1 good backup striker and 1 very very good Right Midfield but until now we still have NOT sign even 1 player ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:46 pm

mistyred wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

really???

Okay so we're waiting on the Arshavin and Quaresma deals but if they go through, then yes, they will have strengthened in my opinion.

Both of those deals wont effect us at all mate - Arshavin as good as he is wont solve arsenals problems and quasimodo will not improve chelsea one single bit .

His name is quaresma.
come on mate let's not be silly  :D

that maybe his name but he plays like quasimodo when i have watched him  :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 pm

GYBS wrote:treated like a peice of dog shi te ?????jesus christ the guy is a pro footballer - he didnt deserve any special treatment or anything . Rafa bought him realised he wasnt going to work out so didnt play him as much and then sold him - thats the life of a footballer for you . keane wasnt the first and wont be the last . As had been said by plenty of people on here - the guy missed plenty of sitters during his games - and if he really wanted to succeed then he would of made sure of it just like torres did last year when he was rested/dropped . came back next game score a hat trick - what did keane do to impress us or the manager ?

GYBS,

Most football players last a season at least. his scoring record speaks for itself. Only one season in his career has he scored more in the first half of a season than the second.

Well....he scores two goals in a game....then never sees a starting line-up again? How's that not impressing?
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

really???

All we need now is to sign 1 good backup striker and 1 very very good Right Midfield but until now we still have NOT sign even 1 player ....

i know mate - there is the small matter of money holding us back buying anyone- we may get a few loan deals yet who knows .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:47 pm

s@int wrote:

Maybe he did,that would explain his confidence being shattered and him being a shadow of his former self! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm

GYBS wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

really???

i know mate - there is the small matter of money holding us back buying anyone- we may get a few loan deals yet who knows .

Is the deal with Keane involve Lennon cominig to Liverpool or just 17M cash ??
LiverpoolMadman

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:treated like a peice of dog shi te ?????jesus christ the guy is a pro footballer - he didnt deserve any special treatment or anything . Rafa bought him realised he wasnt going to work out so didnt play him as much and then sold him - thats the life of a footballer for you . keane wasnt the first and wont be the last . As had been said by plenty of people on here - the guy missed plenty of sitters during his games - and if he really wanted to succeed then he would of made sure of it just like torres did last year when he was rested/dropped . came back next game score a hat trick - what did keane do to impress us or the manager ?

GYBS,

Most football players last a season at least. his scoring record speaks for itself. Only one season in his career has he scored more in the first half of a season than the second.

Well....he scores two goals in a game....then never sees a starting line-up again? How's that not impressing?

well while torres was back fully fit and soring goals and with gerrard and xabi and mash playing well where exactly would keane play ? getting splinters on his :censored: - maybe keane realised this and at his age ie nearly 30 decided the best thing was to return to spurs - if keane relly realy wanted to succeed and fulfill his dream why didnt he say to spurs and rafa i actually want to stay and try and prove you wrong in the second half of the season ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm

john craig wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:So he's gone after half a season.

I like that about Rafa - he moves the sh*t on ASAP.

And to think there are those on here who truly believe he was Rafa's signing... :D

To be honest Lando, I can't believe people are trying to say that Keane wasn't Benitez's signing.  If he wasn't then the sh.it would have hit the fan at the start of the season.  As it was, it didn't.  Benitez had a smile from ear to ear in the press conference when Keane was signed, banging on about how he was 'his type of player' as he combined ability with workrate.  And at the time, although he didn't necessarily look the best player for us to spend 20 million on, he did look to me like the type of player Rafa would like.  And Rafa played him very regularly to begin with.

I believe that Benitez gave Parry a list of targets, which included Keane and Barry last summer.  I also believe that if it came down to a choice then Benitez would rather have spent the money on Barry.  As it was, I reckon Parry ignored this and preferred to spend it on Keane, which is why Benitez got upset.  Having said this, I still believe that Benitez was initially happy to have Keane at the club.

However, when it became apparent that Keane couldn't settle, that he didn't fit in with our system and didn't initially click with Gerrard or Torres in attack, suddenly Benitez distances himself from the signing and puts it on Parry.  Benitez is a good coach but a sh.it man manager and over the last few weeks a childish man.

When has Rafa blamed Parry for the signing?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:50 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

really???

Is the deal with Keane involve Lennon cominig to Liverpool or just 17M cash ??

no idea mate - think its tsraight 15 mil cash - no talk f lennon . but we can still bring people in on loan so who knows ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion