Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Penguins wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:We've fu...c...k...ed it. what is Rafa's planning for the rest of the season? The league, Champions League and FA Cup with just one striker who is trying to avoid his 4th hamstring injury of the season. All this when we are chasing a league title. Waiting in the wings we have Dirk Kuyt, the most maligned forward we have seen at the club in god knows how may years. We have David Ngog, who has so far looked young, frail and inexperienced or there's Ryan Babel, a self proclaimed striker whom Rafa has never had the faith to even play in his favoured position in any game of significance since he arrived at the club. And then we've got a couple of lads in the youth team who (despite a decent pre-season) have never got anywhere near the first team. I'm simply amazed that the manager has let his squad get into this predicament. We're relying on Torres staying fit for for the rest of the season and on Babel turning himself into a first class striker. Otherwise we are completely fu...c...k...ed. Anyone disagree?

bang on mate, the whole situation is a disgrace and has left a real sour taste in the mouth. What the hell are our options now?

Bang on.

But we all know how much Rafa overvalues Kuyt.
If Torres is injured he believes Kuyt is more of a threat than Keane could be. And even if Kuyt doesn't score for 10 games in a row as a striker, like last season, Rafa will still continue playing him 90 min game in and game out  :angry:

Number of titles won with Kuyt in the team until today: 0

More to the point, I am convinced Keane was parry's signing
which made Rafa :censored: and looked for an excuse not to play him. Sub Keane after 60 min every game, unlike his lovechild Kuyt who never gets subbed, and bench Keane after scoring 3 goals in a couple of games.

Rafa has never to this date understood the meaning of "in form players".
Better to have Kuyt who never has any form, good or bad, just average every game.

Number of titles won with Kuyt in the team until today: 0

So now Kuyt is the reason we havent won the title ?

Number of titles with gerrard,torres,pepe,carra, xabi , masher etc etc etc NONE .

every single post you make slags off kuyt - try something new

P.s. Kuyt has scored mroe goals outwide than keane scored up front this season .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Scottbot wrote:All of our rivals have strengthened during this window

really???
JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Scottbot wrote:
GYBS wrote:let what go ? i have let keane go - he is no longer a liverpool player so there is nothing we can do about it now .

Your positivity is admirable in some ways but we can't all share the 'nodding dog', let's just get on with it and support the boys approach that you employ regardless of the decisions made by the club or manager. If I ever needed a 'Yes' man you would be it.

Ok what do we do then ? What is your plan of action ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Don't worry if we have NO more strikers .... Rafa have a ""secret weapon" ...These 2 guys have sign with Livepool about 6-8 months ago and they are Fernando Hicks and Gillet Torres ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby RedBen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Scottbot wrote:All of our rivals have strengthened during this window

really???

Arsenal tried...

:D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:So he's gone after half a season.

I like that about Rafa - he moves the sh*t on ASAP.

And to think there are those on here who truly believe he was Rafa's signing... :D

Really.  Why is Dossena still at the club then?
puroresu

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm

1820: As plenty of you have pointed out, Liverpool do indeed host Robbie Keane's Tottenham at Anfield on Sunday 24 May, the last day of the Premier League season. For the neutral, that could be a very lively afternoon.

If keane scores the winner against us and that is the title deciding match i really hope rafa gets sacked , parry gets sacked .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Well Robbie Fowler is without a club?
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:25 pm

GYBS wrote:he had a total of 5 was it in the whole of the first half of the season - as much as everyone slags kuyt of - even he has more - torres has mroe in a tenth of the playing time keane had .

wrong. keane has 5 league goals and 2 euro goals

kuyt has 5 league goals and 2 euro goals

kuyt has only scored one goal when played as a striker in the league this season. - keane scored 5.

If torres gets injured, then i'd much rather have keane upfront than kuyt
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:25 pm

So why the f'ck is kuyt still here?.

Mounting a title challenge and one striker light.

Rafa if we win the title you will be the luckiest manager alive.

He is of his feckin head where is the replacement?.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Toffeehater wrote:1820: As plenty of you have pointed out, Liverpool do indeed host Robbie Keane's Tottenham at Anfield on Sunday 24 May, the last day of the Premier League season. For the neutral, that could be a very lively afternoon.

If keane scores the winner against us and that is the title deciding match i really hope rafa gets sacked , parry gets sacked .

that will imply we are in the race on the last day.  Rafa should get an extension.
JoeTerp

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:26 pm

And to think there are those on here who truly believe he was Rafa's signing... :D

Why is rafa still here than  :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:28 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:1820: As plenty of you have pointed out, Liverpool do indeed host Robbie Keane's Tottenham at Anfield on Sunday 24 May, the last day of the Premier League season. For the neutral, that could be a very lively afternoon.

that will imply we are in the race on the last day.  Rafa should get an extension.

yeah if we have a chance on the last day of the season then rafa shouldnt and wont be sacked , but no doubt some people will want him sacked
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:29 pm

GYBS wrote:P.s. Kuyt has scored mroe goals outwide than keane scored up front this season .

if you're gonna quote facts - make sure you get them right GYBS

keane league goals upfront; 5

kuyt league goals on right: 4

kuyt league goals up front: 1
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:29 pm

id prefer it he didnt sign " :censored:" in the first place
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion