Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:57 pm

F*cking hell, this would drive a man to drink. Which I feel like doing.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
supersub wrote:
lakes10 wrote:well the deal is done now, si he has gone.

Rafa is a prat, lets just hope that a striker dont get hurt.

Was that a 5 Live proclamation or just you being a t*t  :laugh:

bbc news

1731: Transfer snap: Robbie Keane has rejoined Tottenham from Liverpool. That is official.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7858331.stm

as a Mod i think you should show you are a big lad and are able to say sorry.  :D

Only if it's what the Koppites want :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Emerald Red wrote:F*cking hell, this would drive a man to drink. Which I feel like doing.

:laugh:  :laugh: changed your sig that was fast mate
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:00 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:F*cking hell, this would drive a man to drink. Which I feel like doing.

:D I didn't notice that good job ER, okay now I'm done.
Zidane

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Toffeehater wrote:

:laugh:  Yeah. Was tempted to put Voronin in there.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Zidane wrote:Some of you talk as if we have no right to feel like he was mistreated by the club or say just forget about this man as if he was nothing but a piece of meat used for our own achievements.  He deserved better than what he got from Rafa, end of.  He was living his dream playing here and it was held back from him by a very arrogant stubborn manager trying to prove a point(all my opinion of course).  I'm still fine with selling him, but if you can't see that the problem wasn't selling him and the problem was the fact that we don't seem to have a replacement lined up then you are blind.  It isn't as simple as oh well tough :censored:, lets move along and support the players we still have when Rafa and Parry have had this saga throughout the season.

Having no one coming in and unloading two players, one that could have played a big part in the title run is a mistake plain and simple.  No matter what type of fan you are, how long you've been supporting Liverpool or whatever reason you want to use to make it seem otherwise, it was a mistake and has weakened the squad.  Who knows maybe it doesn't bite us in the @ss but it has the possibility of doing so.  I hope it doesn't and I hope we can win the league or at least a cup regardless but if it does, what will you say then?  We run the risk of losing out on every competition with this move.  I think some of us have the right to be a little dissapointed in what has happened today.

And GYBS, we did fine without him against Chelsea, yeah great.  We did fine without Torres at Stamford Bridge and against Man U we surely would have been fine if he ever was sold or never played here again, yeah okay.  Some of you, christ.  Like I said Keane was living his dream here and wasn't able to make the most of it because of two other people using him as a means to an end.  That is sad to me, I guess others don't really care about our players/former players, to use an argument against you.

I wish him the best of luck here's a video to remember him by.  :p  And i'm done posting in this thread, soon to be locked with all this back and forth I imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCr8AaTkQJ4

Top post  :buttrock
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

who is bigger ? the club or keane ? yeah he was fulfilling his dream to play at liverpool- well thenhe should of played better then when he had the chance . lots and lots of people have it as a dream to play for liverpool but does that mean they deserve special treatment ? he played enough games early on to show us he was going to be good enough and at the end of the day he didnt .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:03 pm

All the best Robbie! :)

Have there been any statements about why we sold him?We;ll be fine if Nando stays fit as long as we sign another striker in Jan.
Im amazed with this whole deal..why sign him in the first place if he was not gonna get a look in?I dont get it!

Oh and BTW its said on the radio that Arshavin has agreed personal terms with Arsenal!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Scottbot wrote:Arsenal fu...c...ked up the Arshavin deal hahahahahahaha!!!! that's cheered me up!!

Let's swoop in the Summer - get some quality in
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Just got in from work. So whats happened? Did we not get anyone in even on loan? Is there a chance that maybe its not announced yet as maybe we need more time?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:05 pm

GYBS wrote:who is bigger ? the club or keane ? yeah he was fulfilling his dream to play at liverpool- well thenhe should of played better then when he had the chance . lots and lots of people have it as a dream to play for liverpool but does that mean they deserve special treatment ? he played enough games early on to show us he was going to be good enough and at the end of the day he didnt .

so what do we now, if Torres is injured or needs a rest? i suppose ur hero Kuyt is gonna score the goals we need  :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:06 pm

i dont think we will ever know the real reasons behind any of it until a biogrphy comes out or something mate . Im sure rafa thougth he would work really well with torres but saw that it wasnt going to work out as the guy cant and never has played up front on his own but maybe rafa just saw it was never going to work out so sold him while we could still get a decent price for him .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
GYBS wrote:who is bigger ? the club or keane ? yeah he was fulfilling his dream to play at liverpool- well thenhe should of played better then when he had the chance . lots and lots of people have it as a dream to play for liverpool but does that mean they deserve special treatment ? he played enough games early on to show us he was going to be good enough and at the end of the day he didnt .

so what do we now, if Torres is injured or needs a rest? i suppose ur hero Kuyt is gonna score the goals we need  :laugh:

we are going to carry on supporting the club and trying to win trophies .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:08 pm

So Babel and NGog play more. It could be worse but it's not the end of the world.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:08 pm

GYBS wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

we are going to carry on supporting the club and trying to win trophies .

We will all support the club mate, but know one
person ie player OR manager is bigger than the club.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion