Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:50 pm

1733: "It was a difficult decision to leave Tottenham in the first place," says Robbie Keane.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Don't worry lads, david villas on his way
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:51 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:Don't worry lads, david villas on his way

:laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:51 pm

the fact remains we were always screwed without Torres, whether Keane was fit or not
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Arda Turan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Toffeehater wrote:1741: Both Portuguese and Italian press are saying that Ricardo Quaresma to Chelsea from Inter Milan is a done deal, but we are very much yet to hear that from either club, so we'll keep you posted

FFS! :angry:

Quaresma sucks anyway
Arda Turan

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 pm

What the feck is a matter with this forum.

Scousers v the rest. Feckin grow up.

Anybody can see we all want the best for the club, fact remains
we are 2 points of the top and if the unthinkable happens and we need a
new angle who do we turn to.

N'gog or Kuyt not exactly promising out look is it.

Rafa please pull something out of the hat.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Greavesie wrote:the fact remains we were always screwed without Torres, whether Keane was fit or not

yep - keane was never the person to fill in for torres if and when he is out - and yeah lincoln quasimodo is shi te
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:53 pm

1747: Arsenal fans - don't look again. Reuters are now saying that Andrei Arshavin's transfer has been called off. Back to Russia, then, for the man who so enchanted us during Euro 2008.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , can it get any better , welcome to uefa cup arsenal
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Greavesie wrote:the fact remains we were always screwed without Torres, whether Keane was fit or not

Thats providing Gerrard is playing, if he doeesnt then we are f.ked nomatter who plays up front  :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:54 pm

mistyred wrote:What the feck is a matter with this forum.

Scousers v the rest. Feckin grow up.

Anybody can see we all want the best for the club, fact remains
we are 2 points of the top and if the unthinkable happens and we need a
new angle who do we turn to.

N'gog or Kuyt not exactly promising out look is it.

Rafa please pull something out of the hat.

Scousers vs the rest ?? what ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:54 pm

GYBS wrote:

yep - keane was never the person to fill in for torres if and when he is out - and yeah lincoln quasimodo is shi te

I'm a huge kuyt fan as much as you are but quaresma is deffo better than kuyt . If you can't see that take a gun and just pull the trigger
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:54 pm

GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
GYBS wrote:this is just going to go round and round nd round in cricles .

Did keane score enough for us in the time he played on the pitch ? NO

Did he have many outstanding performances ? NO

Have we replaced him? NO

Are we utterly screwed if Torres gets injured again? YES

Do we have cover for a run in all three competitions even if Torres stays fit for the rest of the season? NO

Why not try answering a few of those questions? I'd be delighted to hear your reasons if you disagree with my answers.

No he hasnt been replaced yet we did well enough without him , in fact two of our best performances of the season didnt include him . Yes we dont have great cover for torres but we deal with it and move . no pont bleating like a sheep constantly about it now - keane is gone - end off - we now move on and support the players we have at the club and who knows we may even do well . keane wasnt the be all and end all of the club and we will survive without him .

but that's just it we don't and won't deal with it if he goes down injured will we? Assuming you are talking about the wins against Everton and Chelsea (both away) you might have noticed that we had Keane to come in and play in Torres place for the Chelsea game whilst they played together against Everton. Please tell me you are not referring to the Newcastle game? ???

"Keane is gone, end of, move on" doesn't really wash with most people. If the management screw up, which they undoubtedly have, then why is there such a problem with pointing it out? You can bury your head in the sand with a few of the other sanctimonious posters we have on here and pretend it's all hunky dory but the simple fact is that Rafa/Parry (whoever) are playing with fire in terms of our title challenge this season. and there is NOTHING WRONG with being pis.ss...ed off about it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Gybs have you read this thread.

Scousers v the rest.

Rafa bought Keane v Parry bought him.

None of that matters we are 2 points of the top.

We need a feckin strong team to go into the run in.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Some of you talk as if we have no right to feel like he was mistreated by the club or say just forget about this man as if he was nothing but a piece of meat used for our own achievements.  He deserved better than what he got from Rafa, end of.  He was living his dream playing here and it was held back from him by a very arrogant stubborn manager trying to prove a point(all my opinion of course).  I'm still fine with selling him, but if you can't see that the problem wasn't selling him and the problem was the fact that we don't seem to have a replacement lined up then you are blind.  It isn't as simple as oh well tough :censored:, lets move along and support the players we still have when Rafa and Parry have had this saga throughout the season.

Having no one coming in and unloading two players, one that could have played a big part in the title run is a mistake plain and simple.  No matter what type of fan you are, how long you've been supporting Liverpool or whatever reason you want to use to make it seem otherwise, it was a mistake and has weakened the squad.  Who knows maybe it doesn't bite us in the @ss but it has the possibility of doing so.  I hope it doesn't and I hope we can win the league or at least a cup regardless but if it does, what will you say then?  We run the risk of losing out on every competition with this move.  I think some of us have the right to be a little dissapointed in what has happened today.

And GYBS, we did fine without him against Chelsea, yeah great.  We did fine without Torres at Stamford Bridge and against Man U we surely would have been fine if he ever was sold or never played here again, yeah okay.  Some of you, christ.  Like I said Keane was living his dream here and wasn't able to make the most of it because of two other people using him as a means to an end.  That is sad to me, I guess others don't really care about our players/former players, to use an argument against you.

I wish him the best of luck here's a video to remember him by.  :p  And i'm done posting in this thread, soon to be locked with all this back and forth I imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCr8AaTkQJ4
Zidane

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed that Robbie Keane has re-signed for the club from Liverpool.

Keane left White Hart Lane for Anfield in an £18million deal last summer, but struggled for a regular role under manager Rafa Benitez.

The Republic of Ireland international underwent a medical in London on the final day of the transfer window on Monday and agreed personal terms.

A statement on Tottenham's official website read: "We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement for the transfer of Robbie Keane back to the club from Liverpool."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion