Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:40 pm

For the £20 mil spent on Keane I would of preferred either Arshavin, Hunterlaar, Eto'o, Diego.
puroresu

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:47 pm

Isn't it ironic so many of us were before saying lets stop throwing money at overseas players and instead get someone homegrown who is proven. As soon as we do he flops.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 pm

he hasnt flopped yet - its only november.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok flop was maybe harsh but you get where I am going with this.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:04 pm

ahhhhhh so true :(, it takes the p**s that we got keane for £20mil and alot more clubs would of spent 20mil on alot better, im sure that we could of got 2 half decent strikers for that, which keane is lol!!
we should of bought 2 chances for 20mil instead we get keane, who is a good player and i do rate him but he needs to be upfront with some1 else not on his own like last night, as they said last night on the commentary keane "isn't quick enough" and needs a player to work with him, that by nature is like torres, they need more time together and i dont think this is gonna be a quick solvance
we need another decent striker but i dont think thats gonna happen soon, i hope we get a rightwinger
flamingpoe

Postby GYBS » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:06 pm

yeah i get where you are going .bav .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:17 pm

i would make Right Wing  a priority but I aint the boss so we'll see what rafa pulls out of the hat in January.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 pm

geez you ppl are as fickle as economy. I am disappointed with how Keane has started his liverpool career... but I'm not too worried about him. First of all he's got talent... he's got more talent than Kuyt. And now you guys aren't even complaining about Kuyt anymore. Second of all he's got great character. He works hard and has the right attitude. He's not a world class striker like Torres or Villa, but he's a very good striker with great character... HE WON'T BECOME A FLOP I GUARANTEE YOU THAT!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Novo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Keane need score, only a confidence problem i think.
Novo

Postby tubby » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Yeah I hope so.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:24 pm

I think Keane will come good, if Rafa decides to go 2 upfront when Nando comes back then I think they will flourish as a partnership. It will take time.

Rafa needs to give him a full 90mins. When it comes to the 65 min mark he must be looking over at the bench waiting on the board to go up. That cant be to good for hid confidence either
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 pm

maguskwt wrote:geez you ppl are as fickle as economy. I am disappointed with how Keane has started his liverpool career... but I'm not too worried about him. First of all he's got talent... he's got more talent than Kuyt. And now you guys aren't even complaining about Kuyt anymore. Second of all he's got great character. He works hard and has the right attitude. He's not a world class striker like Torres or Villa, but he's a very good striker with great character... HE WON'T BECOME A FLOP I GUARANTEE YOU THAT!

I really do hope you are right - just two words - INTER MILAN !! I know that the departure of Lippi caused problems for Keane but the bottom line was that he simply was not good enough. Ok it is early days but I am fed up with these so-called strikers taking an unacceptable period to start scoring. Crouchy took 19 matches in the prm. How long is Robbie going to take. His work rate is fine but really what are we getting for £20m at the moment in comparison to Nando who did not cost a lot more.

I like Robbie and I really do hope he finds his scoring boots because we need them. We have not won one game in a truly convincing manner this  season. We need to start destroying teams rather than winning by the odd goal.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:38 pm

devaney wrote:
maguskwt wrote:geez you ppl are as fickle as economy. I am disappointed with how Keane has started his liverpool career... but I'm not too worried about him. First of all he's got talent... he's got more talent than Kuyt. And now you guys aren't even complaining about Kuyt anymore. Second of all he's got great character. He works hard and has the right attitude. He's not a world class striker like Torres or Villa, but he's a very good striker with great character... HE WON'T BECOME A FLOP I GUARANTEE YOU THAT!

I really do hope you are right - just two words - INTER MILAN !! I know that the departure of Lippi caused problems for Keane but the bottom line was that he simply was not good enough. Ok it is early days but I am fed up with these so-called strikers taking an unacceptable period to start scoring. Crouchy took 19 matches in the prm. How long is Robbie going to take. His work rate is fine but really what are we getting for £20m at the moment in comparison to Nando who did not cost a lot more.

I like Robbie and I really do hope he finds his scoring boots because we need them. We have not won one game in a truly convincing manner this  season. We need to start destroying teams rather than winning by the odd goal.

Inter Milan?

That's an absolutely pathetic argument to throw up and is completely irrelevant here.

Keane was very young when he went to Inter and they already had half a dozen established International strikers at the club, Keane never got the chance to prove himself there.  Why you have brought that up only you will know mate.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:51 pm

its funny that the 'does torres need a strike partner?' thread kept discussing keane before we signed him. many other people were certain that torres didn't really need one anyway. the fact is though that its robbie keane who actually needs a good strike partner. hopefully when torres is back there will be some continuation of the signs that a partnership was beginning to develop between them.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:56 pm

i like him, he's very keen
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion