Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ahmed 3id » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:03 pm

he is nice player when he is in spurs  but now  he trying to adabt with the new team
ahmed 3id

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:13 pm

I have never been keen on Keane, always thought he had limited vision, poor passing and very poor at creating space or helping his strike partner. I have always thought he was a good goalscorer though, and have no doubt that once he starts knocking them in he will get 10-15 goals a season for us.

He was never worth £20million but thats neither his fault or problem. His problem is to start scoring goals and playing to his best level for us.

I am still unsure why he has had such difficulties settling but I am sure he will improve.
account deleted by request

Postby Gerrard30391 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Just look at his record when it comes to games before first goal at a club, and you can tell that he takes time to settle but when he does, he clicks. And it's only a matter of time before we see the best of him.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Asking another question then - How long do we give him to get settled and find his feet and scoring ????
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:24 pm

GYBS wrote:Asking another question then - How long do we give him to get settled and find his feet and scoring ????

Unfortunately this is unlike with Morientes when we could take a small hit on his price and sell him on. I think we would be looking at a major loss if we try to move Keane on at ANY time. He is a good player it may be better just to find a way to get him showing it.
account deleted by request

Postby mart » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I was suprised we where in for him, flabergasted at the price, underwhelmed that we got him, largely unimpressed by his goalscoring record since he got here but very very impressed with his work rate and work ethic.

Sound a lot like Kuyt.

Kuyt has been (at least)twice the player that Keane has so far this season. So much for "proven premiership quality".

Considering the amount we paid for him i hope he starts improving.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Good goal tonight , showing signs of gelling with the team , can't wait till nando gets back upfront with him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:52 pm

good finish and could of had another but overall was pretty quiet . Hopefully the goal will relax him a bit more .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:04 am

Intelligent run by him , would be worrying if he misses out this sunday as we already have torres who has a 50% chance of making it , i don't fancy us beating a almost full strength chelsea without torres and keane .
Last edited by Toffeehater on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC Uber Elite Super Member » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:07 am

RAFA BENITEZ last night put the boot in on Robbie Keane for not killing off Atletico Madrid.
The Irishman fired Liverpool ahead but then missed a great chance to make it 2-0 when he tried a fancy backheel finish and missed the ball completely. Benitez fumed: “I’m annoyed with Keane’s miss because you have to score from those positions. We didn’t finish the game off when we were in charge.”

[quote]
LFC Uber Elite Super Member

Postby Octsky » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:42 am

imagine if the back heel went in....
sometimes the difference between genius and oblivion is just seperated by a thin red line.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:16 am

s@int wrote:I have never been keen on Keane, always thought he had limited vision, poor passing and very poor at creating space or helping his strike partner. I have always thought he was a good goalscorer though, and have no doubt that once he starts knocking them in he will get 10-15 goals a season for us.

He was never worth £20million but thats neither his fault or problem. His problem is to start scoring goals and playing to his best level for us.

I am still unsure why he has had such difficulties settling but I am sure he will improve.

I'm not sure he will get 10-15 goals, then again Heskey and Crouch managed to score some goals playing up front so there's no reason he can't.

He's now played near 900 mins for Liverpool, 7 games home and 7 games away, with just two goals. That's one goal for every THREE FULL 90 MINS he plays in a Liverpool shirt so far. Was he worth £20m? Never in a month of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays AND Sundays. He's at an age where he may well be at or past his peak, we'll never see anything like £20m back on him and while you have to pay for quality, we've yet to see much of a return - £10m per goal so far, more misses than goals by plenty.

Is he another Kuyt? No, and even if he was where would he play? Kuyt can tackle, work hard, runs for 90 mins and pops up for late crucial goals. Keane has only shown some of those qualities and not with any great consistency.

The biggest worry for me overall is that fans (on here especially) are willing Keane to do well and that's clouding their judgement over the best interests of the team - a bit like the Kuyt Grande Bashers (KGB) trying to out Kuyt because they either don't like him or don't know much about what he does for the team. We shouldn't be playing Keane until he hits form, Rafa made that mistake with Crouch and finally when he did score, he was still far from prolific. Give him fair chance, but don't bend over backwards to put a struggling striker in the team WILLING him to score, yet knowing that the chances are he won't (7-1 at the moment)

And of course THE miss last night was crucial, although obviously without his goal - offside or otherwise - we'd have been even worse off. Even now people are still 'making excuses' for him and hoping that he 'comes good', how long is 'only a matter of time' and why on earth would or should we grant a £20m striker that? (at the expense of the team's best interests)

Bench on Sunday unless Torres is not available, no two ways about it. Yet I bet that people will say "he scored, we need to keep him in the side to boost his confidence" as was the case last time he scored. He is 28 ffs, if he can't get over selection policies of managers by now then he definitely shouldn't have been signed. Reckoning is he was taken off because of his miss, probably is correct because Rafa tends to make substitutions AT LEAST six minutes AFTER Keane was taken off, quite often around the 60-70 mins mark. That was pretty early for Rafa
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:19 am

Owzat, why do you hate Keane so much ? You hated Crouch, you hated Barry, now you hate Keane. Can't you be more relaxed about it ?
radun5

Postby el_stinger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:50 am

LFC Uber Elite Super Member wrote:RAFA BENITEZ last night put the boot in on Robbie Keane for not killing off Atletico Madrid.
The Irishman fired Liverpool ahead but then missed a great chance to make it 2-0 when he tried a fancy backheel finish and missed the ball completely. Benitez fumed: “I’m annoyed with Keane’s miss because you have to score from those positions. We didn’t finish the game off when we were in charge.”

He didn't say that at all, w@nker!! Don't quote something that wasn't said by the gaffer, it was implied by journo interviewing him after the game.

D1ckwad!!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 am

Owzat wrote:
s@int wrote:I have never been keen on Keane, always thought he had limited vision, poor passing and very poor at creating space or helping his strike partner. I have always thought he was a good goalscorer though, and have no doubt that once he starts knocking them in he will get 10-15 goals a season for us.

I'm not sure he will get 10-15 goals, then again Heskey and Crouch managed to score some goals playing up front so there's no reason he can't.

He's now played near 900 mins for Liverpool, 7 games home and 7 games away, with just two goals. That's one goal for every THREE FULL 90 MINS he plays in a Liverpool shirt so far. Was he worth £20m? Never in a month of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays AND Sundays. He's at an age where he may well be at or past his peak, we'll never see anything like £20m back on him and while you have to pay for quality, we've yet to see much of a return - £10m per goal so far, more misses than goals by plenty.

Is he another Kuyt? No, and even if he was where would he play? Kuyt can tackle, work hard, runs for 90 mins and pops up for late crucial goals. Keane has only shown some of those qualities and not with any great consistency.

The biggest worry for me overall is that fans (on here especially) are willing Keane to do well and that's clouding their judgement over the best interests of the team - a bit like the Kuyt Grande Bashers (KGB) trying to out Kuyt because they either don't like him or don't know much about what he does for the team. We shouldn't be playing Keane until he hits form, Rafa made that mistake with Crouch and finally when he did score, he was still far from prolific. Give him fair chance, but don't bend over backwards to put a struggling striker in the team WILLING him to score, yet knowing that the chances are he won't (7-1 at the moment)

And of course THE miss last night was crucial, although obviously without his goal - offside or otherwise - we'd have been even worse off. Even now people are still 'making excuses' for him and hoping that he 'comes good', how long is 'only a matter of time' and why on earth would or should we grant a £20m striker that? (at the expense of the team's best interests)

Bench on Sunday unless Torres is not available, no two ways about it. Yet I bet that people will say "he scored, we need to keep him in the side to boost his confidence" as was the case last time he scored. He is 28 ffs, if he can't get over selection policies of managers by now then he definitely shouldn't have been signed. Reckoning is he was taken off because of his miss, probably is correct because Rafa tends to make substitutions AT LEAST six minutes AFTER Keane was taken off, quite often around the 60-70 mins mark. That was pretty early for Rafa

wnkr  :no

go support everton you tickturd
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion