Robbie keane - [EDIT: On His Way Back to Spurs]

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:18 am

Harry Redknapp’s first target at Tottenham will excite supporters as much as his remarkable start as manager. Within hours of last night’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, news emerged that Redknapp is planning to re-sign Spurs’ former captain Robbie Keane when the transfer window opens in January.

No fookin' way.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 am

Way !!! :D
account deleted by request

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:20 am

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm...... the jury is still out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:33 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Robbie Keane is out of his depth at this level. He is a good Premiership player but not good enough to play for a title chasing team. Plus, he is totally the wrong type of player for us in any case and the wrong strike partner for Torres.

At £10 million he would have been the wrong signing for us, at £20 million it’s a ridiculous signing.

I don't buy that he is the wrong signing for us. He is sitting = 4th in the league for assists and has played solidly almost every game. Liverpool's results speak for themselves, would we have beaten ManU or Chelsea without him?

At 10 million he would have be a great buy and great fit for Liverpool, he's not a lone striker though and he may never be a big scorer for us.   

As others have suggested If you add Owen or Zaki to our roster Keene fits fantastically in our team. He adds something different to our attack but he's not ruthless, he's best as the supporting act behind a finisher.

If we sold Benayoun and got Owen. For the sake of an extra 2-5 Million we have an attack force capable of winning the Prem with great depth and balance.

No doubt Keene was overpriced but he is good enough to play for us in a title challenging team.
Last edited by DanAn on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanAn

Postby whylongball? » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:21 am

Keane is the supporting striker, never the lone striker. Once Torres is back both of them would score more goals.
whylongball?

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:52 am

whylongball? wrote:Once Torres is back both of them would score more goals.

Nice in theory, unfortunately they have both played a lot of minutes together and that didn't result in lots of goals for Keane. Only once have both started and Keane scored, Keane's other goal came when Torres was out injured. So only once has Torres been on the pitch when Keane scored

Torres' Goals 07/08

1 vs Sunderland - came AFTER Keane was taken off
2 vs bitters - both scored with Keane on the pitch
2 vs Citeh - one scored before Keane came on, one a few minutes after.

So I believe that makes four goals between them when both have been on the pitch, THREE when one or t'other was not on the pitch. Hardly conclusive support for your theory

Both Start - 8 games : Keane 1 goal, Torres 3 goals*
Just Torres Starts - 2 games : Keane 0 goals, Torres 2 goals
Just Keane Starts - 5 games : Keane 1 goal, Torres 0 goals

Against Pompey Keane was a sub, against Crewe both were subs.

*One scored once Keane was taken off
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:27 am

Owzat wrote:
whylongball? wrote:Once Torres is back both of them would score more goals.

Nice in theory, unfortunately they have both played a lot of minutes together and that didn't result in lots of goals for Keane. Only once have both started and Keane scored, Keane's other goal came when Torres was out injured. So only once has Torres been on the pitch when Keane scored

Torres' Goals 07/08

1 vs Sunderland - came AFTER Keane was taken off
2 vs bitters - both scored with Keane on the pitch
2 vs Citeh - one scored before Keane came on, one a few minutes after.

So I believe that makes four goals between them when both have been on the pitch, THREE when one or t'other was not on the pitch. Hardly conclusive support for your theory

Both Start - 8 games : Keane 1 goal, Torres 3 goals*
Just Torres Starts - 2 games : Keane 0 goals, Torres 2 goals
Just Keane Starts - 5 games : Keane 1 goal, Torres 0 goals

Against Pompey Keane was a sub, against Crewe both were subs.

*One scored once Keane was taken off

That doesnt mean to say it will never happen, stato.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:20 am

I would be happy selling yossi to bring in owen . owen kuyt torres and keane would be a great set of strikers all bringing something to the team.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:42 am

I've said many times bring Owen back. But Rafa is too headstrong to go for him. And who would blame him for that.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:45 am

no one mate . and in all honesty can never see owen back.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:59 am

GYBS wrote:I would be happy selling yossi to bring in owen . owen kuyt torres and keane would be a great set of strikers all bringing something to the team.

lets bring owen and his hamstring and continual groin problems back also
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:56 am

DanAn wrote:I don't buy that he is the wrong signing for us. He is sitting = 4th in the league for assists and has played solidly almost every game. Liverpool's results speak for themselves, would we have beaten ManU or Chelsea without him?

I don't buy that he was a "wrong" buy either. But he was panic bought and way overpriced.

Also, I don't recall Keane having that much of an impact on either the Man Utd game or the Chelsea game and yes the results probably WOULD have been the same.

Wes Brown scored Liverpools first goal and IIRC Kuyt side footed a pass to Babel who wobbled it into the net. Also, it was Alonso who got a lucky deflection that Cech couldn't possibly have reached.

No Keane involved in either as far as i remember.

That being said. He was instrumental in the win over Everton.

I think the Torres/Keane partnership was beginning to look good, just before Torres decided to get an injury  :D

If Torres had remained fit, I believe the pair of them would have formed a team to reckon with by now. As it stands now though, it's going to take some time for them to gel again.
tonyeh

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:07 pm

whylongball? wrote:Keane is the supporting striker, never the lone striker. Once Torres is back both of them would score more goals.

I thought Gerrard was the support striker, no sorry Kuyt, no its Babel.

What we need are two lads to put the ball in the back of the net THEN discuss who is the better support striker.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:30 pm

I thought it was in the rules that you can't return to a club within 12 months? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:03 pm

tonyeh wrote:
DanAn wrote:I don't buy that he is the wrong signing for us. He is sitting = 4th in the league for assists and has played solidly almost every game. Liverpool's results speak for themselves, would we have beaten ManU or Chelsea without him?

I don't buy that he was a "wrong" buy either. But he was panic bought and way overpriced.

Also, I don't recall Keane having that much of an impact on either the Man Utd game or the Chelsea game and yes the results probably WOULD have been the same.

Wes Brown scored Liverpools first goal and IIRC Kuyt side footed a pass to Babel who wobbled it into the net. Also, it was Alonso who got a lucky deflection that Cech couldn't possibly have reached.

No Keane involved in either as far as i remember.

That being said. He was instrumental in the win over Everton.

I think the Torres/Keane partnership was beginning to look good, just before Torres decided to get an injury  :D

If Torres had remained fit, I believe the pair of them would have formed a team to reckon with by now. As it stands now though, it's going to take some time for them to gel again.

more than happy to have lucky goals to give us deserved wins for the rest of the season.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion