Robbie fowler - Simple question

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:49 pm

well ive always said that crouch will not be used half as much this term, and fowler wont be starting too many games himself, but all four strikers (if kuyt is brought) would be used well enough. We'll have enough games to stay busy this term
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Kuyt is :censored:!

Hope we don't get him.

Fowler was in good form at the end of last season so if he has a good pre season and is fit, I'd give him a go. I think he is the only one who knows where the goal is.

I am not confident about Crouch, Pennant, Bellamy, Kuyt(if he comes). It is a few years now since we had a good goalscorer and I was hoping Rafa would get a top striker but unfortunately it hasn't happened. The rest of the team looks very good though.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Big Niall wrote:Kuyt is :censored:!

Hope we don't get him.

what do you base that theory on?

have you actually seen the guy play? please don't say he had a poor world cup and you're basing your judgement on that?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:58 pm

am i the only one excited about bellamy coming and scoring? and pennant, well, he'll be different!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:am i the only one excited about bellamy coming and scoring?

no. i think he'll score a bucketload, especially when you consider the number of chances we make. the same for fowler when he plays.

actually, having "gone out on a limb" and prdicted at the start of last season that gerrard would be the PFA player of the year, i'll do the same this year and claim that Bellamy will be on the shortlist for this coming season. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby matt_evans2006 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:07 pm

I think bellamy is a great signing. Single handedly got blackburn into the uefa cup. Just think how good he will be with the likes of Stevie G and Xavi Alonso around him.

Regarding Robbie Fowler, once a goalscorer always a goalscorer.
matt_evans2006

Postby Billy_5_Times » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:27 pm

no matter what anybody says, there is not a better natural striker in the wolrd than Robbie Fowler. his goals at the end of last season was 100% proof of this. also if we had Robbie throughout the whole of last season we would of won the league becuase the likes of Cisse, Morientes and even Crouch were missing to many chances that Robbie would of gobbled up. i am very happy that Rafa gave Robbie the extra year on his contract and the only way Robbie can show his personal apprication is by scoring the golas that will win us the league and if Robbie does score the goals then Rafa will have no choice but to extend his contract again. COME ON REDS
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby Billy_5_Times » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:34 pm

in reply to Big Niall i think Rafa has signed a goalscorer in Craig Bellamy. you dont score nearly 20 gaols a season if you cant score, especially in a team like Blackburn who arent exactly a dominant team in the prem are they. so with Stevie and Xabi playing through balls Bellamy will be in heaven. also you have Pennant and Gonzalez crossing it in for Crouch who'll nod it down for Bellamy he can do nothing but score. and we still have Fowler who is the greatest finisher in history as far as im concerned.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby matt_evans2006 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Liverpool's team is a made team now. There's strength all over the pitch. Best goalkeeper, solid defence, greatest midfielder in the world alongside argubly the best passer. Two proper wingers which is essential in the premiership and now what looks to be a strong attack. What more can you want? Well apart from Henry!
matt_evans2006

Postby flipmode » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:12 pm

matt_evans2006 wrote:Liverpool's team is a made team now. There's strength all over the pitch. Best goalkeeper, solid defence, greatest midfielder in the world alongside argubly the best passer. Two proper wingers which is essential in the premiership and now what looks to be a strong attack. What more can you want? Well apart from Henry!

one answer = The Title  :buttrock
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt_evans2006 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:15 pm

Definitely. This is our year
matt_evans2006

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:33 pm

matt_evans2006 wrote:Definitely. This is our year

Getting ahead of ourselves a bit ?
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:41 pm

matt_evans2006 wrote:Definitely. This is our year

Er...lets not get too carried away with this...we cant judge until these new players have had some time to "bed in"?. I think we have the players who can mount a serious challenge this season, but i still think we need 1 more quality striker to give us that little bit extra. I dont think kuyt is that man?. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:47 pm

I dont think kuyt is that man?.

Let me guess, and I'm only guessing.

You saw him play for Holland during the World Cup. He played poorely and you're having doubts about him as a player despite not seeing him play for Feyenoord prior to that.

Because of that you don't think he's the answer. Even though he only started one game up front as the center striker, and the other as a winger. A system in the national team that clear wasn't worked on with this current squad, even Van Nistelrooy couldn't get the hang of it.

Are my assumptions correct?
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:56 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:
I dont think kuyt is that man?.

Let me guess, and I'm only guessing.

You saw him play for Holland during the World Cup. He played poorely and you're having doubts about him as a player despite not seeing him play for Feyenoord prior to that.

Because of that you don't think he's the answer. Even though he only started one game up front as the center striker, and the other as a winger. A system in the national team that clear wasn't worked on with this current squad, even Van Nistelrooy couldn't get the hang of it.

Are my assumptions correct?

Wrong on both accounts!....I spent some time in holland (working) last season and was able to attend some of the feyenoord home games and from what i saw of kuyt...he would struggle to adapt to our league. Also the dutch league is played at a more slower pace than ours and although kuyt had a few decent games he was never prolific...does that answer your question? ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion