Robbie fowler - Simple question

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kukilon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:28 pm

Crouch is perfect to have on the bench and bring him in when the opposition bunker themselves. We will probably see a lot of Fowler and Bellamy playing together as starters.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:58 pm

stmichael wrote:Regardless of who we sign this summer, and presuming that Robbie gets a full pre-season under his belt, should he start up front in our first League game of next season against Sheffield United?

Hello St. Mike,

you make a good point, he is our best finisher currently, he will under pako on the training ground, will be getting a lot fitter for sure, and his chip for bellamy's goal V's  wrexham was vision out of the top drawer.

but you have to bear in mind his age. this is not robbie from 10 years ago, scoring hatricks v arseanal in 4 mins in 1994, is long gone. i dont think robbie will play many games, and will come off bench a lot. bellamy is a good signing, but say he got a lay off for 3 months, suddenly we look a bit thin up front.

having said all the above, give robbie the ball anywhere in box, and he will not need amazing, speed or fitness, it's all about instinct, and Robbie does have that in abundance.

but i would play him (if i woz Rafa) for a consecutive number of games, (just like he gave Moreintes, Crouch and the like) as Robbie will gain confidence, and for sure not squander many. I would back him to score a lot more than miss or squander chances, like Cisse V man utd last season.

That is certain!
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:02 pm

If we sign one of Kuyt or Trez, they will partner Bellamy up front as out first choice striker force, but Rotation will be a feature, also the old horses for courses thing comes in aswell.

Ideally we would like to have Crouch on the bench with 2 betters strikers starting.

As it stands I can see Crouch and Bellamy being the starting 2, but some top notch form by Fowler may put him in the first 11.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:06 pm

thats it, its all down to robbie, if he start banging them now,or early season he'll be first choice. Rafa will always pick someone who scores!

I don't think we should waste our money on Trezeguet. He's not that special and a Fit RObbie can match anything this guy can offer!
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:12 pm

Whether people like it or not, its imperitive that we sign a new forward.
Given Bellamy's injury record, Fowlers age, and Crouch is not Mobile enough to get us 20 odd goals a season.

I think there is going to be major changes is in way we play next season, for most part of last season we where playing great really attacking football had we had,  two prominent centre forwards upfront we probably would have won the League. But we went into that goal drought with all them shots on target but hardly none ending up in the onion bag was so frustrating.

But thats all ifs and buts, but Crouch, Fowler and Bellamy and not going to win us the prem, they may win us the F.A.Cup, CCup, but we are missing that little bit extra upfront.

I am also a bit curious as to what role Garcia is going to play for us this season?
He is to good to be a squad player and I know we have ex amount of games, I just hope he features more this season more than he did last.

I think he is one of our best players, (I know he gives the ball away) bla bla.
But he is our little gem and I predict that he will shine like a diamond this season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:21 am

Ciggy has made a good point there about Garcia, but I have a feeling that with the exception of a few players, most will be playing a rotation role this season.  Rafa has a squad now that has versatile players, and has strength in depth, although we still need a right winger and a striker.  Think of the number of games we have coming up.

There was something in the Liverpool Echo last week about how with the exception of Hyypia, Crouch & Fowler most noticably that the Liverpool team is made up of players that can play a number of positions.

I believe Rafa has got the right balance in the squad, unlike Chelsea which will soon implode, and to talk of a Liverpool starting eleven (as numerous threads have started about) is bound to cause disagreement, unless applied to a particular set of events, i.e. home, away, playing for a draw (2nd leg of a cup tie), etc.

I wish I could dig out that article, because its focus is on Rafa, and his buzz word 'possibilities'.  This is what is needed to mount a serious title bid.
Mark 23

Postby alxy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:56 am

the community shield will give us a good idea of what's coming next for sheffield... all comes down to form and what kind of tactics rafa wants to employ as well...
alxy

Postby callaway360 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:01 am

s@int wrote:I hope Robbie has a great preseason and earns a starting place because to be honest hes the only forward we have who can score 20+ goals next season. If Gonzales is as good as we all hope, the lack of pace playing Crouch and Robbie up front wont be such a problem and Bellamy could always play on the right if we cant sign a right sided player. (Wouldnt like to have to tell Bellamy that tho') I think there will be a fair amount of rotation next season,(horses for courses) and at least now we will have players who can make a real impact when coming on as subs.

dont you think bellamy can score 20 goals+ ??? have faith, he scored 15 or so with a not so good club so he will score alot more for liverpool
we love yu liverpool we do,
OOOH LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YU
callaway360

Postby callaway360 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:04 am

fowler and bellamy upfront
OOOH LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YU
callaway360

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:26 am

ConnO'var wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:I hope Robbie has a great preseason and earns a starting place because to be honest hes the only forward we have who can score 20+ goals next season. If Gonzales is as good as we all hope, the lack of pace playing Crouch and Robbie up front wont be such a problem and Bellamy could always play on the right if we cant sign a right sided player. (Wouldnt like to have to tell Bellamy that tho') I think there will be a fair amount of rotation next season,(horses for courses) and at least now we will have players who can make a real impact when coming on as subs.

I will be willing to wager that Bellamy scores 20 or more next season, and Robbie more like 10-15.

I'll take that bet, mate.....

Pint of bitter do?

Much as I like to hope so.... and hopefully I'm wrong, but me gut tells me otherwise.

<<<< Shakes on it.

"A pint it is"
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:33 am

stmichael wrote:Regardless of who we sign this summer, and presuming that Robbie gets a full pre-season under his belt, should he start up front in our first League game of next season against Sheffield United?

Whatever anyone says, at the moment he's still our best striker/goalscorer, and his form towards the end of last season, merits inclusion straight away at the beginning of '06/07 in many people's eyes (apart from 7-kewell) :D

Thoughts?

Yes why not? he should start against Sheff.united alongside bellamy. I have read some interesting reviews about fowler-bellamy partnership against wrexham (which only lasted 10 minutes) but i've been impressed with what I was reading about their partnership. So let us see the next friendlies and we will see the result to which is the best striker partnership.

Now we have to be patient and check out the friendlies
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mitch22 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:25 pm

given the number 9 shirt back:D
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:54 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

I will be willing to wager that Bellamy scores 20 or more next season, and Robbie more like 10-15.

I'll take that bet, mate.....

Pint of bitter do?

Much as I like to hope so.... and hopefully I'm wrong, but me gut tells me otherwise.

<<<< Shakes on it.

"A pint it is"

Cheers mate!   :D  :D
ConnO'var

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:57 pm

Hopefully he will start on Sat, if he can hit form I really can see him starting againt Sheff Utd in the first league game.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:45 pm

the resurfacing of the kuyt deal once again throws the question up of the main strike pairing. should he sign, kuyt and bellamy will surely be the preferred partnership?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion