Robbie fowler and new contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:40 am

dodd,

i said he must take his badges. Also said he should teach the kids i dont think robbie could teach the top tier lads because his game was instinct and you can only teach and learn that at a very young age.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:18 pm

it would be a crying shame not to have that talent involved with the club at some level even if it is advising young players of the pitfalls of modern footballers lives as Robbie was one of the first mega rich kids in football

and has quite literally written the book on the things that can go wrong
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:40 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:I would prefer him to stay at the club and train the youth players as strikers.

I like that idea ... make him like mentor to the younger liverpool ...

hear hear!
alxy

Postby kobashi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:44 pm

Elchris wrote:sinama pongelle also will be coming back next season....surely someone has to go...something tells me itz going to be crouch

I saw Futbol Mundial last night and FSP was on the show.  He again said he has no desire to come back.  Loves it in spain and wants too stay with a spanish club.  will only go back if liverpool force him too return.

was saying he felt that he was never given a fair chance and doesnt want to pour out his sweat is blood in england.

him and Le Tallac are cousins also.
kobashi

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:14 am

I think Robbie should stay for another couple of years. 5 strikers at a club our size isn't exactly outlandish, and he offers more than just goals.

He is the life and soul of the dressing room, and adds an extra dimension to things.

Keep him - his goal record this season is second to none.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I think Robbie should stay for another couple of years. 5 strikers at a club our size isn't exactly outlandish, and he offers more than just goals.

He is the life and soul of the dressing room, and adds an extra dimension to things.

Keep him - his goal record this season is second to none.

I agree with that mate, he is one of the players that keeps a bit of banter and team spirit, i have mentioned this before but Gerrard states in his book that it was really hard for him when Danny Murphy left as he was a local-ish lad and his mate.

Same with Fowler, he is not on silly wages and always offers something. Cant see any reason not to keep him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:34 pm

£25,000 a week for a "bit of banter" in the dressing room is not good business.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:01 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:£25,000 a week for a "bit of banter" in the dressing room is not good business.

Is that what he is on ?

I thought it was more like 15,000, shows what i know.

It wasnt just about banter though mate, i would prefer to call it team spirit or togetherness, Robbie's one of them lads that gets the lads going would keep the dressing room bubbly.

Me and you also probably have differing opinions on how much he could/should play next season and from now until the end of the season as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:31 pm

i expect two of our strikers to be leaving next season. one of them will definately be fowler and the other either crouch or bellamy.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:06 pm

I would love Robbie to stay on  in some sort of coaching level but as he says in his book when Macca ( after one shooting session) asked him how he hits the ball so sweetly and how he puts away his chances he simply says he doesnt know its not the sort of thing he would  be able to teach. My favourite Robbie goal was the one against the scum when he knocked Adolf Neville off the ball and smashed the ball and the  camera in the top corner of of the net

He is easily the best finisher we have at the moment but his legs just arent up to the tracking back or hurrying deffenders into making mistakes which seems to be the sort of player Rafa prefers ,Kuyts workrate for a striker is brilliant, you never get a moments peace with Bellamy and Crouchie is just... well awkward and a real handful forcing free kicks.

I can see Bellamy going at the end of the season i dont know why just a hunch but for me a shrewd bit of business would be to let Newcastle have Crouch for Owen( although this could be a risk as no one knows how hes going to be after his injury )

Another option would be a cheeky bid for prestons Nugent. Villa or Eto would be fantastic but they dont come with any gaurantee that they could handle the speed of the english game and 30million-ish is a lot of money to risk ( see Shevchenko )
destro

Postby 65-1173565005 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:53 am

He's fat and gay, f.uck him, what's he ever done?
65-1173565005

Postby orlandored » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:32 am

Amiga wrote:He's fat and gay, f.uck him, what's he ever done?

he gangraped yer ma with yer grandad
orlandored

Postby angel717 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:00 am

Marianne wrote:He only plays the way he can at liverpool-he was born to play here! We got to keep the guy!

yes, we should keep him here.. like you said, guys he's one of the players who keeps team spirit alive and that is one of the main things they need in order to succeed and for them to be able to work as a team.
Sensuality ~ Seduction ~ Eugen ~ Carnality ~ Obsession
angel717

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 am

Amiga wrote:He's fat and gay, f.uck him, what's he ever done?

Scored against your bag of sh*t side numerous times.

Be thee a bitter or a scummer?

Either way, Robbie has made your club his bitch since day one.  :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:40 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:£25,000 a week for a "bit of banter" in the dressing room is not good business.

Is that what he is on ?

I thought it was more like 15,000, shows what i know.

It wasnt just about banter though mate, i would prefer to call it team spirit or togetherness, Robbie's one of them lads that gets the lads going would keep the dressing room bubbly.

Me and you also probably have differing opinions on how much he could/should play next season and from now until the end of the season as well.

We probably do Ace and thats not because I am not a fan of Robbie but I feel the strikers we have got in our squad all bring more to the team than Robbie does, on the field.

I love him, if you look a few pages back you will see my post and how much Fowler means to me, but I feel that in todays football and with the style that Rafa has the team playing, Robbie just won't cut it. Bellamy is faster, Crouch is better at holding the ball up and Kuyt is better at most things. Kuyt and Crouch are great team players for me. They bring others into the game and are willing to help out with the nitty gritty. I don't feel Robbie has what it takes to be in our first eleven - however much it pains me to say it.

He is still an instinctive finisher, the best in the league probably if you put him one on one with the keeper, but todays game demands so much more. Look at the atheletes like Kuyt, Henry, Lampard, Gerrard. Robbie is a different generation of footballer, the work hard, party harder generation and the years have taken their toll on God. I still truly believe that if Robbie would of stayed clear of injuries and been a bit more professional he would of been the best striker this country had ever produced. He would of outscored Mr Shearer and to be honest its a crying shame he never had the chances with England. Robbie is the best striker I have ever seen. I will miss him when he is gone, but its time to move on. We need a clean split.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion