Robbie fowler - 1 YEAR CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED NEXT WEEK

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 05, 2006 4:05 pm

So whos leaving then Morientes or Cisse? Or both?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 05, 2006 4:10 pm

If a mate of Paco Aiestaran I knew 1 month ago is right, Cisse, and just Cisse :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Fri May 05, 2006 4:15 pm

Great to hear the good news that RF will be staying next year. Who else will come in? Cisse and Morientes did pretty well towards the end of the year--and can we get anyone better? Maybe they will all stay! :cool:
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 05, 2006 4:41 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Maybe they will all stay! :cool:

Not a chance, mate.  One's gone for sure (Cisse) with the other very much on the bubble (Nando).  Neither have been good enough this year yet both will have something to offer other teams (probably in other leagues)...let's hope we can get some decent money and bring in someone with consistent quality AND finishing ability to complement Robbie and Crouchy.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 05, 2006 4:47 pm

it was a no lose situation getting robbie to stay. he has had a good impact on his return to the club and he can score goals and set up well so why wouldnt we have re-signed him?

good work by the gaffer all the same and i still thank pearce for lettig him go at an important time in the season at city
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri May 05, 2006 5:02 pm

great news, i always expected him to sign on for longer, im with him 100%
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Kukilon » Fri May 05, 2006 7:37 pm

Jippi!
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri May 05, 2006 8:03 pm

Course he's got a new contract. I had money on this with Ladbrokes. :D

I wonder when they're paying out on that one? Strictly speaking it was worded "Where will Fowler start season 2006/7?".

Away from counting my happily gotten gains, it's just phenomenal news for him and the club. Exactly the right decision, and I just hope Robbie has a good summer getting his fitness together. While I appreciate Rafa was maybe playing mind games with him to get a response on the pitch, I think we'll see a better Robbie Fowler when he can play with his mind more at ease.

Right - I'll get right in there with my predictions then. I think he'll get 23 goals in all competitions next season. :D

The guy may well prove to be the best signing we make prior to next season. With another 10% of fitness, I can see him scoring for fun next term.
ivor_the_injun

Postby GOAT » Fri May 05, 2006 8:41 pm

so fowler, crouch and hopefully 2 class strikers brought in in the summer, cisse and morientes will leave, rafas ruthless when he has to be, he will get rid of the useless waste of space, hopefully kick le tallec, diao, traore and others not good enough out too
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 05, 2006 8:54 pm

Some nice quotes from the Gaffer on Robbie here (taken from Soccernet):

"Benitez added: 'It is nice to see a player like him, after so many years in the game, come here and not think about the money, only that he wants to play for his club and do his best for the supporters. That is a really good thing for the game.

'In the future he will be a great aid for us but I do not see him being the main, first choice striker. More likely as one of a group.'

The manager revealed once he had brought Fowler back to Anfield he was always inclined to offer him a longer-term deal but had to be 100% sure it was right for the club.

'I have been happy with Robbie, he was working hard, scoring goals and playing well,' said Benitez.

'Our idea was to analyse everything but my thoughts were always to say yes.

'But you need to be sure, it would have been easy to say yes straight away because that was what everybody wanted but I had a responsibility to make the right decision for the club after consulting with everybody on the subject."

------
This is what impresses me about Rafa...he wanted to sign Robbie to a longer contract straight away and could have easily been a hero with the fans for doing it but he put the best interests of the club first and was determined to make sure Robbie still had what it takes.  The man is so sound!  :bowdown
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:11 pm

Just heard the news. Top stuff. He can bag at least ten next season and will be an excellent option, but it's not a long term solution and Rafa really needs to sort out the strike force. Well done Robbie.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks74 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:22 pm

Its only just and fair that R.F has got an extension,i remember him playing against Fulham in the fizzy years back-just a shame hes cup tied but good news none the less !!!.
shanks74

Postby laza » Sat May 06, 2006 12:45 am

Out fornicating standing :D

The cream to this seasons cake has now been laid and now its time to the put the FA cup cherry on top
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:28 am

That has really made my day that, made up for the lad.
Mark 23

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat May 06, 2006 7:24 am

Fantastic news,thank you Rafa,what an excellent signing! :bowdown  :bowdown

As Rafa put it,Robbie's "over the moon" :D
Gracias King Rafa

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion