Robbie fowler - 1 YEAR CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED NEXT WEEK

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:24 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Sorry to rain on your parade lads, but I'm not convinced that Owen coming back to LFC is the best option for next season. I don't reckon he's as fast as he once was and I reckon he's only going to get slower. Granted, so does Fowler, but pound for pound, I'd have RF over MO any day of the week. I wouldn't be surprosed if Rafa hasn't already got somebody lined up for the close season....watch this space....

sorry mate but assume you are correct in you prediction that MO will be resigned. Why does this affect whether or not fowler will be given a new contract??

Because the way i see it, having fowler on the books will cost us next to nothing. If MO comes he will be first choice striker, I don't think regardless of what happens in the summer anyone expects fowler to be first choice striker (unless of course if no new strikers come).

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:25 am

babu wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Sorry to rain on your parade lads, but I'm not convinced that Owen coming back to LFC is the best option for next season. I don't reckon he's as fast as he once was and I reckon he's only going to get slower. Granted, so does Fowler, but pound for pound, I'd have RF over MO any day of the week. I wouldn't be surprosed if Rafa hasn't already got somebody lined up for the close season....watch this space....

sorry mate but assume you are correct in you prediction that MO will be resigned. Why does this affect whether or not fowler will be given a new contract??

Because the way i see it, having fowler on the books will cost us next to nothing. If MO comes he will be first choice striker, I don't think regardless of what happens in the summer anyone expects fowler to be first choice striker (unless of course if no new strikers come).

agreed babu. fowler to be squad member
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:31 am

Micheal who?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:38 am

If I'm honest I would prefer MO than our Robbie... Don't get me wrong I still think whatever happens Robbie Fowler should get a new contract. 

Our strike force should be
1. M Owen
2. R Fowler
3. P Crouch
4. A N Other (someone youngish with potential)
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:55 am

babu wrote:

what about robbie's salary, i heard he got huge salary
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:36 am

You heard wrong then. We're paying him less than £15k a week - one of the smallest salaries in the first team.
ivor_the_injun

Postby babu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:55 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
babu wrote:

Leeds are required to pay roughly half his salary until 2007, i think.

And it is rumoured that he is being paid a paltry sum as it is.

I really don't think wages will be an issue in this case.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:00 pm

babu wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:
babu wrote:

isn't the case i'm afriad.  Leeds deal of paying 15k a week with Fowler ends this summer.  I'm gussing Fowler would want a 40k a week deal because that's what he's on at the moment including the leeds payments.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:23 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:If I'm honest I would prefer MO than our Robbie... Don't get me wrong I still think whatever happens Robbie Fowler should get a new contract. 

Our strike force should be
1. M Owen
2. R Fowler
3. P Crouch
4. A N Other (someone youngish with potential)

Graig Bellamy would be nice but that's unrealistic, Florent Sinama Pongolle or Le Tallec would do nicely, don't you think?
48-1119859832

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:29 pm

Bellamy will not come here. Pongolle is not good enough and neither is Le Tallec.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:34 pm

How can you make that assumption about Pongolle & Le Tallec when they have never really been given a fair chance in the team? Maybe Le  Tallec isn't good enough but Flo-Po certainly is, he's shown what good control he has, what a good first touch he has, he has speed and he can score goals. I think he just needs a good run in the team of six or seven games and he'll show what he's capable of, Rafa-Dodd criticised his positioning but with match experience that can be fixed.

However I doubt Rafa feels the same way and I can't see Flo being here next season. :(
48-1119859832

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:45 pm

0asis wrote:How can you make that assumption about Pongolle & Le Tallec when they have never really been given a fair chance in the team? Maybe Le  Tallec isn't good enough but Flo-Po certainly is, he's shown what good control he has, what a good first touch he has, he has speed and he can score goals. I think he just needs a good run in the team of six or seven games and he'll show what he's capable of, Rafa-Dodd criticised his positioning but with match experience that can be fixed.

However I doubt Rafa feels the same way and I can't see Flo being here next season. :(

I disagree totally.

Both players have been at the club for a few seasons now and both have had chances to break into the first team.

La Tallec came over here with a reputation and at first he did look like a player, however he has failed to develop like i personally thought he would.

Pongolle is a reasonable player. BUT THAT IS ALL. He is game, willing and not without talent but he does not have enough to make it at the top in the european game. As a club we have to be aiming higher than this type of player.

Rafa is a good judge of a player from what i have seen and IMO Pongolle going out on loan was a chance for him to impress at another club and force his way back into Rafas thinking. Sadly he has doen nothing at Blackburn and will be leaving n the summer. He has been given a fair crack at the first team and for me has never warrented a regular place.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:54 pm

crazyhorse wrote:
0asis wrote:How can you make that assumption about Pongolle & Le Tallec when they have never really been given a fair chance in the team? Maybe Le  Tallec isn't good enough but Flo-Po certainly is, he's shown what good control he has, what a good first touch he has, he has speed and he can score goals. I think he just needs a good run in the team of six or seven games and he'll show what he's capable of, Rafa-Dodd criticised his positioning but with match experience that can be fixed.

I disagree totally.

Both players have been at the club for a few seasons now and both have had chances to break into the first team.

La Tallec came over here with a reputation and at first he did look like a player, however he has failed to develop like i personally thought he would.

Pongolle is a reasonable player. BUT THAT IS ALL. He is game, willing and not without talent but he does not have enough to make it at the top in the european game. As a club we have to be aiming higher than this type of player.

Rafa is a good judge of a player from what i have seen and IMO Pongolle going out on loan was a chance for him to impress at another club and force his way back into Rafas thinking. Sadly he has doen nothing at Blackburn and will be leaving n the summer. He has been given a fair crack at the first team and for me has never warrented a regular place.

i think you've said it all there fella.  Rafa watches these players in training everyday.  Both players are now on loan and have failed to impress.  Time to cash in and move on.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:00 pm

With all respects to Rafa he's not the know it all of football, whilst he is a tactical genius he does make mistakes, he is human. And whilst he does watch Flo-Po in training everyday have you ever thought that perhaps he just doesn't want the player at the club, before even making a judgement of Flo Po's ability? Perhaps Rafa wants to slowly but surely ship out all of Houllier's signing so Ged can never get any credit?

Just a thought but I seem to remember Benitez signing Antonio Nunez & Josemi.
48-1119859832

Postby babu » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:19 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
babu wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:
babu wrote:

isn't the case i'm afriad.  Leeds deal of paying 15k a week with Fowler ends this summer.  I'm gussing Fowler would want a 40k a week deal because that's what he's on at the moment including the leeds payments.

are you sure? Because everything i read so far indicates that his wages are a non issue.

But if you are right.... its not such a certainity that he will get a new contract, depressing....  :(

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion