Robbie fowler - 1 YEAR CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED NEXT WEEK

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:20 am

For everyone who thinks he won't score 15 goals a season:

You are out of your f*cking TREES.

The man has the Midas touch, and I'd like to see his chance conversion rate since he rejoined us. (Theoracle - get to work lad!!!!! :D )

Seriously, and from the bottom of my heart - if you can't see the merit in handing him a new contract, you have the brains of a cheese biscuit.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:31 am

Incidentally, Ladbrokes are offering 4/6 on Fowler starting next season for LFC. I've just put a fiver on. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Morth » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:07 am

I personally think a young striker seeing a chance to be a Liverpool front man would see working with Fowler as a bennefit, not a threat.  Let's face it, Fowler probably will not do a Sheringham and continue til he's 40, so a new striker would think "Hmmm, I have the opportunity to work with one of the most experienced and smartest (game-wise) strikers in the premiership, then as he slowly steps back, I'll be naturally progressed into the team. And I will as well be supplied with 3-4 chances to score every match.  And what?  All I have to do is perform better than Morientes and Cisse and I'll be branded good enough?

Where do I sign?!
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:27 pm

Morth wrote:It's a no brainer, it really (to me at least) is.

The man has one of the biggest goal scoring tallies in the Premiership, he is a living legend here at LFC, and bar maybe Alan Shearer and Teddy Sheringham, he has the greatest playing experience as a top striker in England.

What does he offer?  He was a natural goalscorer, he still is.  He might not be your 25 goal a season fox in the box player anymore, his physique doesn't allow it in to that extent anymore.   His movement and vision, however, is still the same, and his linkup play is much better now (Again, in my opinion) than it ever was before. 

In that respect, I feel this really is Fowler's second coming:  He's back, and he's different!  He offers a game intelligence that allows us to really cut open defences by his smart flick-ons and set up plays (You'd think Cisse would score tons concidering this was exactly what we said we were missing when looking uninspiring going forward.)  He's not selfish, he's here because he loves the club, and finally:  Imagine what he could teach Cisse, Crouch and possibly Bellamy if he came to the club.  Not just in their playing game, but off the pitch too.  Fowler's had his moments off the pitch, but he's all grown up now, and I think he's the ideal man to "raise" a player like Bellamy.

And since Leeds United are generous enough to pay his wages until 2007, he will continue to cost us feck all in terms of wages.  Anyone else see this as a no brainer?  Give the man a contract!

I agree with that, couldn't have put in better words if I'd have tried, however I do believe that Fowler is capable of scoring twenty goals a season, if we take into account his goals to appearances ratio then it's of the highest quality. He should have in the region of 7/8 goals in something like 12/13 appearances (please correct me if I'm wrong).

He also as you said offers a lot off the pitch and especially in the dressing room with his humour and passion, which no doubts rubs off onto the other players.

And I think it's Rafa who should be known for his wheelin 'n' dealin nevermind Harry Redknapp... :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Does anyone remember 7_Kewell's arguement with Stu about Fowler? :D
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:44 pm

Rafa 'll sign him. 

Robbie's not going to sulk if he's not in not in the first team, he'll be great in the dressing room, he won't cost a fortune.  All this before he's on the pitch, and he'll score 15 goals next term.  I think Rafa like to let them know who's the Boss.
Red H

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:13 am

RF has positional sense and finishing ability that are unequalled by anyone in the country, maybe even Europe. His body has let him down in the past and he has lost a lot of what made him world class a few years ago, none the less he is still a top front player.

Not only would i give him a 2 year contract - i would also take him to the world cup. If a game was 0-0 with 2 minutes left and the team gets one chance to win the game - Robbie would score 90 -95  % of the time. How many other players in the England squad can you say that about?
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:15 am

crazyhorse wrote:If a game was 0-0 with 2 minutes left and the team gets one chance to win the game - Robbie would score 90 -95  % of the time. How many other players in the England squad can you say that about?

Not one.

You are absolutely correct matey.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:07 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:You are out of your f*cking TREES.

hey lando, dont you just hate those arborial lads  :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have wrote a personal letter to rafa outlining why fowler should have a new contract, and why cisse and morientes should go. I think it will work, and i'm just waiting for my reply  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:16 am

Rafa will sign him for sure. 4 goals from 4 games. Thats a good striker
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:21 am

rumors say that fowler capture has been "threatened" by gerrard's demand of owen arrival :( ???
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:25 am

Sorry to rain on your parade lads, but I'm not convinced that Owen coming back to LFC is the best option for next season. I don't reckon he's as fast as he once was and I reckon he's only going to get slower. Granted, so does Fowler, but pound for pound, I'd have RF over MO any day of the week. I wouldn't be surprosed if Rafa hasn't already got somebody lined up for the close season....watch this space....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:54 am

anfieldadorer wrote:rumors say that fowler capture has been "threatened" by gerrard's demand of owen arrival :( ???

source please
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:18 am

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:21 am

don't believe it
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion