Robben out for final - Good enws ... for us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:08 pm

Robben is on the injure list ... Next Lampard ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby gerrardisgod » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:29 pm

cool i like chocolate cake:p
gerrardisgod

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 am

:cool:

05 February 2005

Chelsea have major concerns about Arjen Robben after scans of his damaged foot were inconclusive because of the amount of swelling and bruising.

The Dutch international winger, who will miss Wednesday's friendly against England, left Blackburn on crutches on Wednesday night after being injured in a tackle by Aaron Mokoena and he has not walked on the foot since.

"There are no conclusions for the moment," the Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho, said. "The only conclusion is big, big pain. Arjen can't walk, put his foot on the floor and he is immobilised. The examinations are not conclusive because the inflammatory process is really big. Because of all the blood and fluid showing in the scan, they can't understand yet whether it is a fracture or not, or whether there is damage in a ligament or not."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:03 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: :cool:

05 February 2005

Chelsea have major concerns about Arjen Robben after scans of his damaged foot were inconclusive because of the amount of swelling and bruising.

The Dutch international winger, who will miss Wednesday's friendly against England, left Blackburn on crutches on Wednesday night after being injured in a tackle by Aaron Mokoena and he has not walked on the foot since.

"There are no conclusions for the moment," the Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho, said. "The only conclusion is big, big pain. Arjen can't walk, put his foot on the floor and he is immobilised. The examinations are not conclusive because the inflammatory process is really big. Because of all the blood and fluid showing in the scan, they can't understand yet whether it is a fracture or not, or whether there is damage in a ligament or not."

Sounds like he's definitely out for Cardiff. That a big loss for Chelsea and has got to increase our chances of a win. Wonder if it could spark a dip in form for Chelsea that we've all been waiting for?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:12 pm

Maybe escpecially if the prem take 3 points off them for tapping Cole up.
But I dont want manure to win the prem.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:29 pm

i dunno, i know im gonna get shot down here, and probably deserved, but id rather see manure win the title than chelski. i just have this hatred lately of them. mabe coz of all the chelski fans appearing from nowhere out of the woodwork
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:50 pm

My heart bleeds for poor Cheatski...........not

dirty scum team of assassins..they lose Robben for a couple of games.wow ,because of ****** Lampard we lose Alonso for half a season.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:05 pm

supersub wrote:My heart bleeds for poor Cheatski...........not

dirty scum team of assassins..they lose Robben for a couple of games.wow ,because of ****** Lampard we lose Alonso for half a season.

Strong feelings Supersub. And I agree that the loss of Alonso was pivotal to our season but I didn't think there was particular malice in the Lampard tackle.

Dawson - I'd rather anyone would win the title than United. I hope the top three all finish poorly so that we're not 30 points or more off the top spot come the end of the season. I think Chelsea are winding everyone up with there ridiculous cockiness. You would have thought they won they treble after their mid-week win. Ridiculous.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:45 pm

Theres a couple  of blokes i work with who are chelski supporters and they act like chelski have dominated for years !!  its nice to remind them where the money came from and that Abramovichs next purchase is Hotpoint and Persil to help wash the money:D :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby coolsobs » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:10 pm

as long as its not manure who wins the title
coolsobs

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:48 pm

stmichael wrote:blackburn, particularly dickov and savage were an absolute disgrace last night. :angry:

those two players are always a disgrace, running round like headless chickens, kicking everything in sight.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:50 pm

in all fairness there was one reason for that "match", if you could call it that, turning into a boxing match.

URIAH RENNIE

the most abysmal refereeing performance i've seen in years. and i thought riley was bad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:42 pm

It looks like chelski are finally going to hit a blip now that robben is injured and following the ashley cole saga. This could be the perfect time to play them in the cc final :)
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:48 pm

dawson99 wrote:in fairness to lampard, and it was abad tackle, it was not malicious. alonso even said that lampard rang him that night to apologise and there is absolutely no bad blood. i still hate lampard now for the tackle but it was nothing compared to last night

I disagree. I thought it was a malicious effort to get Alonso out of the game, or at least 'rough him up' a little, because they know how instrumental Alonso is to our side, and they were being outplayed in the middle of the park.

Lampard could have said sorry on the pitch or checked to see if he was ok, but what's the first thing he did? Ran to the referee to protest about the foul and yellow card, what a ******.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:54 am

Just thought I'd hit you guys with an update. Robben has been sidelined for six weeks with a broken foot. Is this the revenge of Alonso? I hope it does us some good.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion