Rick parry in usa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:09 pm

Reds to launch schools in USA

Nov 10 2005

By Nick Peet, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL Football Club are set to take America by storm by establishing a coast-to-coast network of high-profile soccer schools.

The European champions are about to make a big commitment to the USA with the launch of no less than 30 academies - spread across the country and aimed at attracting the very best young talent on the other side of the Atlantic.

The Reds will close a week, in which they have been linked with one potential new American investor, by confirming the new soccer schools programme with a press conference at Melwood tomorrow.

But the ECHO can reveal that the new initiative, which it's hoped will establish Liverpool as the biggest soccer club in the USA, will be officially launched on December 1 - when chief executive Rick Parry will travel to Memphis, the US technical base for the programme, to promote the project.

Parry will be joined by Liverpool MP Peter Kilfoyle and 20 schoolchildren from the Anfield and Breckfield areas - who will be treated to the holiday of a lifetime as part of the launch.

Kilfoyle said: "I am delighted that the good name of the city is being spread far and wide. This will be a great experience for the kids, and what better way for Liverpool Football Club to launch a soccer scheme than to take some of its own with them.

"I'm sure the children will have the time of their lives, and I'm sure they will be great ambassadors for the city."

The children, who will also come face to face with their Liverpool heroes at tomorrow's press conference, will also be one of the first to try out the facilities at the Mike Rose Soccer Complex, home of Liverpool's Tennessee Academy.

Unlike so many other European clubs who have attempted to break the US market through summer tours and heavy merchandising, Liverpool's ground-breaking programme is based around a long-term commitment to grass roots coaching as well as career training and IT programmes - a lot like the club's home facility in Kirkby.

....................................................................................

sounds like a great idea if you ask me. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby primodua » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:22 pm

Having spent some years of my life in the States, I gotta admit that Kraft is the appropriate candidate than the guy from Thailand; prime minister Thaksin. I did some research on the prime minister and found out that he is indeed a rich and one of the prominent business guys in south east asia before mooted as thai's pm. The only thing that disturbs me most that he is somewhat rather too business oriented for football; he's only interested about the return of his investment, payback period and profit projections as he did with many of his business ventures. The dude holds major equities and shares at some of the local merchant banks, transportation companies, telecommunication providers, independent power producers, oil and gas giants, steel manufacturing plants...the list goes on (cronyism and proxies). I do not perceive his intention for liverpool stakes as a positive strike for us but definitely 100% for him. Just like the glazers.
On the contrary the krafts are not as rich as the dude but his admiration for sports is second to none. In business they might not be as mighty as the pm or abramovich but they certainly proved their craftiness by managing one of the most entertaining sports club in the history of NFL; effective maneuvering from no one cares to everyone's business). When I transferred from my country to the USA during my freshman year (1st undergraduate year, (1993). I was longing for some football action (Soccer in the USA) but those yankees were not paying much attention to the world's greatest game (for us at least). I couldn't get any live or even delayed telecast of the premiership at that time. I had to fill my empty life with some sports action and I chose the american football and my fav team was (still) none other than the patriots.
In the mid 90s the patriots were comparable to West Bromwich Albion; struggling to keep pace in the league conference.
I left USA after graduation in 1996. No glory for the patriots at the time...yet
And I came back somewhere in 1998~1999 for my postgraduate. And there they were, playing in the finals against Green Bay for the first time since ages. Although they lost to those peckers, they were eventual winner. They had won the hearts of millions of the non-believers and they continue to win in the coming seasons.
Bob Kraft staged one of the most interesting turnaround in world's sports history. He is the man of sports, he knows what to do with the team and more importantly, to progress.
Indeed we need cash to compete but is it really about cash? Chelsea already proved the point that cash does rule but is that what we need? To me they may be the richest club in the world but poorest in class. Why? None other than abramovich. He definitely destroys the essence of football sacred spirit. Everyone's pooling there for cash. Wright Phillips is the ultimate example.
Are we willing to sacrifice class for cash? I don't think so. We don't need an abramovich for the club. We need a kraft. So let's bring him in.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:24 pm

stmichael wrote:Reds to launch schools in USA

Nov 10 2005

By Nick Peet, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL Football Club are set to take America by storm by establishing a coast-to-coast network of high-profile soccer schools.

The European champions are about to make a big commitment to the USA with the launch of no less than 30 academies - spread across the country and aimed at attracting the very best young talent on the other side of the Atlantic.

The Reds will close a week, in which they have been linked with one potential new American investor, by confirming the new soccer schools programme with a press conference at Melwood tomorrow.

But the ECHO can reveal that the new initiative, which it's hoped will establish Liverpool as the biggest soccer club in the USA, will be officially launched on December 1 - when chief executive Rick Parry will travel to Memphis, the US technical base for the programme, to promote the project.

Parry will be joined by Liverpool MP Peter Kilfoyle and 20 schoolchildren from the Anfield and Breckfield areas - who will be treated to the holiday of a lifetime as part of the launch.

Kilfoyle said: "I am delighted that the good name of the city is being spread far and wide. This will be a great experience for the kids, and what better way for Liverpool Football Club to launch a soccer scheme than to take some of its own with them.

"I'm sure the children will have the time of their lives, and I'm sure they will be great ambassadors for the city."

The children, who will also come face to face with their Liverpool heroes at tomorrow's press conference, will also be one of the first to try out the facilities at the Mike Rose Soccer Complex, home of Liverpool's Tennessee Academy.

Unlike so many other European clubs who have attempted to break the US market through summer tours and heavy merchandising, Liverpool's ground-breaking programme is based around a long-term commitment to grass roots coaching as well as career training and IT programmes - a lot like the club's home facility in Kirkby.

....................................................................................

sounds like a great idea if you ask me. :cool:

Nice one St, it is a great idea. :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:50 pm

The Youth football (soccer)system in the US is huge. More kids in middle to upper school levels play Soccer than any other organised sport in the US even thier own sports. The main reason is that equipment is not as expensive i.e. you only really need a pair of boots and shin pads, whereas in the other sports American football, Ice Hockey and Baseball-(to a lesser extent) you need a fair bit of equipment. It's probably why Basketball is also played by a lot of kids due to low expenditure needed on the individual to play.

This means kids from all economic backgrounds can play and get involved, and will have more chance of finding a raw talent.

The Youth system over there is already very, very good in it's organisational set-up, they just need the tactical and professional input.

This latest news might be the first step to the investment deal from Kraft. Kraft will get things rolling from his sporting enterprise involvement in the US and his close knit ties with Reebok to help create these schools with equipment and supplies.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:14 pm

stmichael wrote:The Youth football (soccer)system in the US is huge. More kids in middle to upper school levels play Soccer than any other organised sport in the US even thier own sports. The main reason is that equipment is not as expensive i.e. you only really need a pair of boots and shin pads, whereas in the other sports American football, Ice Hockey and Baseball-(to a lesser extent) you need a fair bit of equipment. It's probably why Basketball is also played by a lot of kids due to low expenditure needed on the individual to play.

This means kids from all economic backgrounds can play and get involved, and will have more chance of finding a raw talent.

The Youth system over there is already very, very good in it's organisational set-up, they just need the tactical and professional input.

This latest news might be the first step to the investment deal from Kraft. Kraft will get things rolling from his sporting enterprise involvement in the US and his close knit ties with Reebok to help create these schools with equipment and supplies.

Eh mate, I see that you've started copying posts from other forums.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:21 pm

A.B. wrote:
stmichael wrote:The Youth football (soccer)system in the US is huge. More kids in middle to upper school levels play Soccer than any other organised sport in the US even thier own sports. The main reason is that equipment is not as expensive i.e. you only really need a pair of boots and shin pads, whereas in the other sports American football, Ice Hockey and Baseball-(to a lesser extent) you need a fair bit of equipment. It's probably why Basketball is also played by a lot of kids due to low expenditure needed on the individual to play.

Again :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:56 pm

Again, FFS!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I didn read it, because I dont beleive the posts are his, and look it happens again!

No Shame!
:laugh:
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:04 pm

The post was originaly posted by nomadreef from TalkLFC forums.

You know St Mick took one of my posts from that exact forum and posted it on here last year :D :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:11 pm

So I have heard, oh I can only imagine how that must have felt, both for you  :veryangry and him  :blush:   :laugh: .

Didnt he try and delete the thread too, to cover his tracks?
76-1115222408

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:15 pm

:D

To be honest I'd have more respect for St Mike if he just came out and admitted he steals peoples' ideas all the time instead of burying his head in the sand every time he gets caught out, it's ridiculous.  It's got to the point where I don't believe any of his posts that are any longer than a couple of lines are actually his own.

Just quote the :censored: source next time.

This thread'll probably get mysteriously deleted now I've said that, wouldn't be the first time for that either :no
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:18 pm

:laugh:

Same here, cant take him seriously, and just skip his posts!! But for true, if he gave the AUTHOR the CREDIT they deserve, then it wouldnt be too bad!
76-1115222408

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:51 pm

*Cough* The mere fact of being caught cutting and pasting a text is shame and punishment enough, there's no need to make the fire bigger *cough*

Eeeerm, about the schools, I'm a bit sceptical about the idea, but it all depends in how you make them work.

Some club here have done that in Spain. Real Madrid planted schools around nearly all Spain (not here in San Sebastian, they wouldn't be tolerated) in seek of new talents.

But AFAICT their actual good players keep coming from other clubs that "educate" the players through the traditional way, training and matches not schools. I don't know if I explain my point well.

So it all depends of the idea of school you have. THere's no doubt football is gaining strenght in USA and there's an interesting pool of players there.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:55 pm

*Cough* The mere fact of being caught cutting and pasting a text is shame and punishment enough, there's no need to make the fire bigger *cough*

You're new here Sabre, and this isn't the first time StMick has done this. He's done this countless times, I've lost count. He keeps persisting with copying and pasting other people's thoughts rather than posting his own.

But back to the topic on hand, I'm excited that there will be LFC schools in the USA, hopefully in area I live in.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby vlady16.1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:53 am

the acadamies are a fantastic idea -- charlton is setting up too -- the am't of talent here will be a massive boost to the side in the future -- we're top 100 and us is top 10

by the way i wasn't saying that labatts is as good as english beer --- except for classic, i avoid it like the plague but its head and shoulders above bud -- somehow we have lost our small craft micro breweries though nova scotia makes some excellent beers -- no panther :censored: there

we all know why budwieser has those clydesdales don't we
vlady16.1

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:13 am

A.B. wrote:

what do you mean started AB?

It's a daily occurence.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion