Rick parry in usa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:28 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Silly question maybe!!
But is that the craft boyo that owns the cheese spread etc. empire???

he is not the the cheesy guy. don't know how he made his millions but who cares as long as he spends them at anfield. :eyebrow
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby 84-1106852058 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:30 pm

stmichael wrote:"There is also believed to be a `rich middle eastern family interest' in Liverpool

Does anyone know the name of the family? It says that its a rich family from Dubai? Anyone heard anything? ???

Heard a few weeks ago it could be the Makhtoom family,great supporters of racing in this country.It looks like the Kraft connection is on hold.

News 

Reds not close to USA deal Nov 9 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are not on the verge of a deal to secure massive new investment from America, the ECHO can reveal.

Chief executive Rick Parry today returned to Merseyside following talks with US billionaire Robert Kraft - owner of the New England Patriots American football team.

The possibility of a deal some time with the Kraft family is not being ruled out - but suggestions of an imminent investment in the Reds are premature.

Speaking exclusively to the ECHO today, Parry explained the reasons behind the trip to Boston.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

He said: "I have known the Kraft family for five years and I was in Boston as part of a long-standing invitation to visit their new stadium.

"Their stadium is one of the few privately owned in the states and they were very keen for us to see how it operates on a match day. Being an international break, it was a convenient time to accept the invitation and it proved an interesting trip.

"It was hardly a secret mission. I attended an NFL match with 80,000 spectators."

Liverpool welcome Kraft's interest and the visit has sparked renewed speculation about an exicting partner-ship between the Reds and highly successful owners of the New England Patriots.

Parry was remaining tight-lipped today on the nature of all the confidential talks held in Boston, as clearly there are continued behind-the-scenes moves to attract significant investors, of which Kraft is one.

It remains to be seen if Kraft would be attracted to investing in Anfield following Monday's meeting.

Liverpool have AGM scheduled for January, while the club's accounts for the last financial year are also due for publication.
84-1106852058

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:44 pm

Like I said, Kraft may not be interested in taking over the club. He just might to invest into the stadium we're bulding, like Fly Emirates did with Arsenal
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:50 pm

stmichael wrote:"There is also believed to be a `rich middle eastern family interest' in Liverpool.

And it is already being suggested Parry's trip to Dubai for the Soccerex football business convention, starting on Sunday for three days, could also involve detailed discussions with future Liverpool backers. "

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=348666&cc=5901

Does anyone know the name of the family? It says that its a rich family from Dubai? Anyone heard anything? ???

There was talk of it, but cause we have Carslberg as sponsers they didnt like the idea of beer being advertised on the shirts.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:13 am

And what if those guys are willing to put lots of money but don't know much about Liverpool and they demand to change the name of the Stadium to some aberration like "Kraft Arena?"

It's happening around there, but something tells me Anfield is different and wouldn't be accepted, am I wrong? (1)

Sabre

(1) Probably this question has been raised before, but I didn't read it
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:39 am

no cheese -- they are not related to kraft foods so naming may not be their big thing

also no budwieser -- face it its swill drank by southern rednecks-- if one is to drink north american beer drink it from canada -- i saved one of my best friends from bud -- he knew no better -- #1 beer in detroit is labatts

for my english friends -- please support proper beer -- i've had so many good ones in your country -- bud is an insult to english ale -- sorry that i made this an ad for the campaign for real ale :buttrock
vlady16.1

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:32 am

It's happening around there, but something tells me Anfield is different and wouldn't be accepted, am I wrong?

It was always going to be different, ever since the plans started to make a new stadium. I doubt that any of us would call it ''Kraft Arena''. For instance none of the Gooners are going to call their new stadium ''Fly Emirates Stadium''
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:48 am

i hope they dont call it THE BUTTER BOWL :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:00 am

Robert K. Kraft, also known as Bob Kraft (born 1942) is the owner of National Football League's New England Patriots and Major League Soccer's New England Revolution, as well as the stadium where they play, Gillette Stadium.

Kraft, a native of Brookline, Massachusetts, is a 1963 graduate of Columbia University and the Harvard Business School. He is married to Myra Kraft, a 1964 graduate of Brandeis University and the daughter of Boston philanthropist Jacob Hiatt.

He began his career with the Rand-Whitney Group, a packaging company he later acquired; he still serves as chairman. In 1972, he founded International Forest Products, a paper commodity trader. The two combined companies make up the largest privately-held paper and packaging companies in the United States.

A Patriots fan since their American Football League days, he first bought season tickets for the team in 1971. In 1988, he outbid several competitors to buy Sullivan Stadium, then the home of the Patriots, out of bankruptcy court for $25 million. It was renamed Foxboro Stadium in 1990.

In 1992, the Patriots themselves were bought by James Orthwein, a St. Louis native. For the next two years, constant rumors swirled that the Patriots were due to move to St. Louis because Orthwein wanted to return the NFL to a city that had lost the Cardinals in 1988. Finally, in 1994, Orthwein offered Kraft $75 million to buy out the remainder of the team's lease at the stadium. Kraft turned him down, instead making a $175 million bid to buy the team that Orthwein had little choice but to accept. It was the highest price ever paid at the time for a professional team, especially remarkable since the Patriots were one of the least-valued teams in the NFL. He consolidated his business interests into the Kraft Group in 1998.

The day after the NFL approved the sale, Patriots fans bought almost 6,000 season tickets en route to selling out every game for the first time in the team's 34-year history. Every home game has been sold out since then. The Patriots responded by putting together a 7-game winning streak to end the season, making the playoffs for the first time since 1986. Under Kraft's ownership, the Patriots have won more playoff games (16) than in the team's first 33 seasons combined (10). The team won AFC East titles in 1996, 1997, 2001, 2003 and 2004 and represented the AFC in the Super Bowl in 1996 (lost), 2001 (won) 2003 (won) and 2004 (won). The team has dominated the last two seasons with identical 14-2 regular-season records--a franchise record for a team that hadn't won more than 11 games in a season before Kraft bought the team.

The Patriots almost moved to Hartford, Connecticut in 1999, but at the last minute the hurdles were cleared for what became Gillette Stadium, which opened in 2002.

He recently addressed the 2005 class of Columbia College upon their graduation regarding the driving forces in his life: "Family, Faith, Philanthropy, and FOOTBALL". In a break with commonly accepted spelling, Mr. Kraft termed this heady combination the "Four 'F's."

Later in 2005, a minor international incident was caused when it was reported that Russian President Vladimir Putin had inadvertantly taken one of Kraft's three Super Bowl rings. Kraft quickly cleared up the misunderstanding, stating that he had given Putin the ring out of "respect and admiration" he had for the President and the Russian people

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:02 am

My only concern is that a non "true" Liverpool supporter buying into the club. Moores may well be a bit behind the times, but he truley loves the club and would not let the club be harmed (even to the extent of losing money). I would be ok with naming a stadium just to get it done, but control (in any form) would not be ok unless it is from a real Liverpool fan and I do not think they are.

The Abramovich thing may make teams panic and accept situations (investors) that are not beneficial to the long term of their club. I hope this is not one.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:21 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Maybe some of our supporters over in the states can enlighten us on the Kraft foundation.

I did a huge bit of research on the guy, and posted it all on here, but I cant remember where it was !!

Anyone anygood at searching could have a look ?

I posted it in this thread yesterday mate.  :;):

P.S I also gave you credit for it as I'm not a St Mike claiming material is mine *cough Paul Tomkins*  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:46 am

vlady16.1 wrote:also no budwieser -- face it its swill drank by southern rednecks-- if one is to drink north american beer drink it from canada -- i saved one of my best friends from bud -- he knew no better -- #1 beer in detroit is labatts

for my english friends -- please support proper beer -- i've had so many good ones in your country -- bud is an insult to english ale -- sorry that i made this an ad for the campaign for real ale :buttrock

What makes you think Labatts is any better? Across the pond its all rats p!ss as far as i'm concerned
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:00 am

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:07 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
vlady16.1 wrote:also no budwieser -- face it its swill drank by southern rednecks-- if one is to drink north american beer drink it from canada -- i saved one of my best friends from bud -- he knew no better -- #1 beer in detroit is labatts

What makes you think Labatts is any better? Across the pond its all rats p!ss as far as i'm concerned

Whats your tipple then?
FrankM

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:22 am

Sabre wrote:And what if those guys are willing to put lots of money but don't know much about Liverpool and they demand to change the name of the Stadium to some aberration like "Kraft Arena?"

It's happening around there, but something tells me Anfield is different and wouldn't be accepted, am I wrong? (1)

Sabre

(1) Probably this question has been raised before, but I didn't read it

This is not a TAKEOVER therfore there will be no Kraft name on sich big things like the stadium. Its a cash injection deal in exchange for naming rights to around 3% of the club. If you all insist on that same old "this club is different we have heart" :censored: then we will never compete with anyone in the top 3. All the big teams get investment nower days. Obviouslt in the cases of Man Utd ans Chelsea they were taken ovee but Arsenal is a prime example of invesment similar to the Kraft situation. There stadium may be called the Emirates but they have a £45 million to spend pretty much evey year. Wengers just tight with the money.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion