Rick parry in usa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:27 pm

So we are all of the opinion that this would be a good move - nobody buying the club, just putting investment into the club.  So what would the Kraft's get back in return?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:33 pm

I know little clubs in the world that have no deficit, "investment" is diffficult when most of the clubs won't generate any profit. If they put the money, I don't bloody care if they are jewish, christian nor muslims, or if they want to wash their dirty money. But I don't see how it will be a economic profit for them, unless they're interested on improving their image among the scousers.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:39 pm

That's what I was thinking - it's a very expensive way to advertise!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:45 pm

Rick Parry today spoke to Liverpoolfc.tv about his recent visit to the United States which has been widely reported in today's English newspapers. 
"It certainly wasn't a secret visit, having attended two games with a combined attendance of over 100,000 people," said the Liverpool Chief Executive.

"I've actually known the Kraft family since meeting them in Boston back in 2001 and have had a longstanding invitation to visit the Gillette stadium, which is one of the very few privately funded stadia in the USA.

"They were keen for me to see at close hand how the matchday operation ran and I watched both the New England Revolution v Chicago Fire MLS game on Sunday and the New England Patriots v Indianapolis Colts NFL fixture a day later.

"It also gave us the opportunity to discuss at length the way in which they had funded the construction of the ground."
columbia

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:49 pm

I went to see the New England Revolution play back in 2000 when I was in the states with my relatives when John Harkes was playing for them. Nice little stadium.They sell popcorn! popcorn at a football match!

If we can have popcorn at Anfield then I'm sold!
:D
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:59 pm

As long as it isnt the "Toffee" variety  :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:03 pm

Salted for me! Please........! No gay jokes! :D
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:23 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:We are rumoured to be in 60 million pounds worth of debt, cause of the new stadium mainly.

Dont get it - how can we be so much in debt for something not built for/paid for yet?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:34 pm

Good thread Lynds. I was going to post something along the same lines today, mainly asking whether this Kraft issue is exposing our hypocrasy with regards to Chelsea.

I'm sure i'd have been slated for such a suggestion

But i think it's true. With Chelsea, it's 'unfair', 'wrong', 'not ethical' etc etc....

But if Kraft comes on board and we 'buy' the title, no one here will complain. It's two-faced in the extreme.

My take on it is that i'd rather it didnt happen. Actually, i'll rephrase that. I'd rather it wasn't necessary.

But if it's a case of 'do it or be left behind', then i'd reluctantly support the idea of Kraft.

In an ideal world though, it wouldnt be about having some billionaire climb aboard and buy titles. But IF it has become like that, (and it has), then better to jump on the bandwagon than be left at the station empty handed... :D

Shame though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:41 pm

Sabre wrote:I know little clubs in the world that have no deficit, "investment" is diffficult when most of the clubs won't generate any profit. If they put the money, I don't bloody care if they are jewish, christian nor muslims, or if they want to wash their dirty money. But I don't see how it will be a economic profit for them, unless they're interested on improving their image among the scousers.

Sabre

whats the definition of a little club?

judge
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:49 pm

whats the definition of a little club?

Worcester city. :D

I meant "few", and you understood, but you couldn't help being nitpicky with my inaccuracies in english :p See if I care

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:00 pm

I think that Kraft will be funding our stadium rather than taking over the club, nontheless it's still a good move by Parry.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:05 pm

A.B. wrote:I think that Kraft will be funding our stadium rather than taking over the club, nontheless it's still a good move by Parry.

What would he achieve by funding the stadium?Naming rights maybe ???
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:06 pm

I think the major difference between this and Chelsea is that most of us believe that if we were to receive massive investment from Kraft, we wouldn't then turn around and flaunt it in the faces of everyone else like some nouveau riche nightmarish amalgamation of 'loadsamoney' and 'considerably richer than yow' (apologies to overseas reds with no knowledge of Harry Enfield and chums).

Chelsea have a seemingly bottomless pit of cash, which naturally is cause for envy amongst rival clubs and supporters. However, it is more their borish attitude and lack of grace that inspires such resentment; other than the huge pile of money and the merest hint of success (historically speaking) what exactly have they got to boast about? Yet they lord it up like they're soooo special. I'm sure that if we did become mega-rich and win everything we'd still have the humility to acknowledge the fortuitous situation rather than treat it like some god-given right, despite being *the* most successful and best supported club this country has ever produced. I've always been a believer that anyone that feels the need to shout about themselves or 'big themselves up' as Chelsea are so fond of doing at the minute, is obviously lacking in any real substance or quality and feels the need to make up for their shortcomings in this shallow, superficial and frankly vulgar manner. We're better than that, and to put it bluntly (without any bias at all ) we're better than them, they just happen to have better resources.

If Kraft wants to invest without trying to meddle, I'm all for it so long as we don't get dancing cheese strings as half-time entertainment. :D

Yes, it does seem a shame that modern football is the way that it is, but as long as we retain our integrity and sense of heritage then surely being able to afford a new stadium, better players etc is a good thing, no?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:10 pm

What would he achieve by funding the stadium?Naming rights maybe

Possibly, it would help our finances because as of now the stadium price is rising
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion