Review of the team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eazy-E » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:37 pm

Dudek - Good keeper but his time is over step in....
Kirkland - He is solid and shows passion unlike....
Henchoz - Not what he used to be the complete opposite of....
Hyypia - A true Red till Dead
Traore - Falls over himself too much e.g LFC v. Charlton in 2003
Carragher - Seems awkward but solid
Finnan - His true colors will show next year as he is a decent defender
Biscan -  ???
Riise - Needs to find his form
Diao - When will this talent be exposed to the world
Diouf - I want him out  :angry:
Gerrard - Outstanding, a shining light and a true leader
Hamann - Lacks pace and creativity...outski
Kewell - meh!
Murphy - Maintains composure well and is good from distance
Cheyrou - Marseille
Heskey - Birmingham
Cisse - Well talented, good accuracy
Baros - My pick for next season's as top scorer
Owen - Unsure
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:26 am

Fickle and knowledgeless.
115-1073096938

Postby Voices from Yates » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:49 am

Speak your mind. Ignore the sh*te.

I think GH left a lot of ??? players, but we can't knock him for Baros. So maybe he had a good eye for talent  but not for onfield management and therefore RB might be surprised with the talent he currently has.

It might be a stretch, but maybe Diouf is a star after all??
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:31 am

stu_the_red wrote:Fickle and knowledgeless.

I agree
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:54 am

Hey we live in a democracy and people are supposdly allowed to air their opinions. If you dont agree retort with a criticism of what they have written and why YOU think they are wrong, we shouldnt be attacking people just for their opinions.
Hey Eazy 'he was once a thug from around the way' football was be viewed differently in Heaven huh coz you got some strange opinions. I would argue Henchoz is the brains of our defence and loves the club to bits. IMO it is he who makes Hypia the player he is and is the real general in the defence. Hypia does not look the same player without him. However I have a few questions for you Eazy, how can you be unsure about Owen, did you tip Diouf to be top scorer after World cup 2002 coz I didnt see much in Baros in euros that I havnt seen in a red jersey other than getting the ball put in front of him he wont get the same time in prem and until he starts lifting his head when he runs with the ball he will continue to give the ball away and subsequently sit on the bench. I just cant see him top scorer, can you elaborate on awkward (carragher) what does meh mean and how can you be unsure about Owen look at his record and think again. Although you make a good poiny about Biscan!!!!!!!!!
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:51 am

Eazy E , whats wrong with your right ear . ???  I't's massive.
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:21 pm

mynameisred wrote:Hey we live in a democracy and people are supposdly allowed to air their opinions. If you dont agree retort with a criticism of what they have written and why YOU think they are wrong, we shouldnt be attacking people just for their opinions.

I agree
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:31 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Eazy E , whats wrong with your right ear . ???  I't's massive.
:D

lol  :D
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:11 pm

fivecups wrote:
mynameisred wrote:Hey we live in a democracy and people are supposdly allowed to air their opinions. If you dont agree retort with a criticism of what they have written and why YOU think they are wrong, we shouldnt be attacking people just for their opinions.

I agree

So your a moderator are you now ???
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bpm1976 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:18 pm

Take it Eazy!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:19 pm

Guys this is the LFC forum, nothing to do with all the gangsta rap ******.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:18 pm

Eazy-E wrote:Murphy - Maintains composure well and is good from distance

HEE HEE! Yes from distance! Try Moscow!
84-1083280474

Postby begintoend » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:37 am

The team is alright. Its up to the coach to built on the team morale and desire to win. A great coach in Benitez has arrived. A new playing style will be adopted. Its meant to challenge the current standard of football that lfc has been falling behind.

Defense is a bit weak though. Very sure Arsenal, Chelsea and Manu will play a different approach of attacking football. If the defence does not improve from last season, they will not be able to challenge the top3. A world class defender has to come in and hold the rank in defense, controlling any gaps that the opponents seeks.

Midfield needs to have a bit more creativity and bite. Every ball has to be won from the midfield. We have a great leader in SG, hopefully the midfield will step up another gear. With acquisition of a creative AM. The faster the midfield gets the ball, the faster the ball is release to the strikers for a goal.

Strikers, we have of different pedigree. But its time lfc not rely on Owen to score. He has become too predictable. Having Cisse with him may change Owen's attacking style, and hopefully Owen finds a new approach towards goal. Baros should not be denied the chance to lead the attack as well if Owen or Cisse fails. We have 3 great strikers. Scoring as many as they can, even scoring ugly will be good! :)
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:13 am

I think we have some good squad players such as Smicer, Diao, Murphy, Le Tallec, etc and I think that a lot of the 'underachivers' will shine this season with different formations being played and wanting to impress the manager.

Out of all the squad if the players were on form I'd start with Dudek, Hyypia, Carragher, Finnan, Gerrard, Kewell, Cisse and Owen, which leaves a space for another defender, central midfielder and a right winger.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:26 pm

What we need to correct immediately is the lack of speed and strenght in key areas. We also need players with more creativity and flair. I know Benitez is smart, and I trust him to select a proper formation and gameplan. This was Foullier's biggest weakness. Just by doing so we will earn 10 - 15 points more this season. By the way, from all Houllier's purchases did any player have above average pace? I only see Kewell and Pongolle. Below average pace: Hyypia, Henchoz, Murphy, Diao, Diomede, Cheyrou, Sjolund. When we play top teams we simply can't handle their pace. This is a major concern.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion