Respect where it is due - Can we not show our class ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:18 pm

Just a quick one, throwing it open to all.

I just wondered why people insist on using names like Chelski, Chavski, Manure, Neverton etc when refering to other teams.

I read KOP managazine the other day, and had to put it down cus of the constant "Castle Greyskull" references to Uniteds ground, Chavski references to Chelsea and so on.

It was quite embarrasing to think that a magazine with Liverpool badges all over it had to lower itself to name calling and derogatory names to sell itself.

I hate all these teams when we play them, and I do not agree with what certain ones stand for, but I dont see what the point is of giving them derogatory made up names.

We are Liverpool Football Club, the greatest supporters in the land, lets show our class................
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:35 pm

Everyone does it, and so what if its derogatory, if you want to dignify yourself, then do what you want. If those people (inc Myself) want to use derogatory names for the opposition, so what!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:35 pm

Weird, i was thinking the same thing before about this name calling.
But I suppose it's everyone's perogative.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:38 pm

That's rich coming from someone who constantly berates other supporters of his own football club. With constant remarks like fool, tw.at and d1ckhead, I'm rather perturbed by your sudden enthusiasm for a little thing called respect, huh Leon ???
Last edited by el_stinger on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red squirrel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Wow some ones rattled your cage today Stinger:D
Red squirrel

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:10 pm

I just think its hilarious how some people come up with this :censored:.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:13 pm

el_stinger wrote:That's rich coming from someone who constantly berates other supporters of his own football club. With constant remarks like fool, tw.at and d1ckhead, I'm rather perturbed by your sudden enthusiasm for a little thing called respect, huh Leon ???

Try fool and idiot, never the names you have mentioned.

If you have nothing on this particular subject to contribute (which is pretty much the same for most threads on here in your case) then dont post.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
el_stinger wrote:That's rich coming from someone who constantly berates other supporters of his own football club. With constant remarks like fool, tw.at and d1ckhead, I'm rather perturbed by your sudden enthusiasm for a little thing called respect, huh Leon ???

Try fool and idiot

Exactly my point.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:21 pm

Is this pre-match tension?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:21 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:If you have nothing on this particular subject to contribute (which is pretty much the same for most threads on here in your case) then dont post.

Same as 98% of your posts! Dont preach what you can't practice!
Last edited by el_stinger on Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:32 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Just a quick one, throwing it open to all.

I just wondered why people insist on using names like Chelski, Chavski, Manure, Neverton etc when refering to other teams.

I read KOP managazine the other day, and had to put it down cus of the constant "Castle Greyskull" references to Uniteds ground, Chavski references to Chelsea and so on.

It was quite embarrasing to think that a magazine with Liverpool badges all over it had to lower itself to name calling and derogatory names to sell itself.

I hate all these teams when we play them, and I do not agree with what certain ones stand for, but I dont see what the point is of giving them derogatory made up names.

We are Liverpool Football Club, the greatest supporters in the land, lets show our class................

I know where your coming from leon ,but i can only say why i am derogatory towards other clubs. Well it's because there like that with us and i can't help it that i love the club so much and i hate it when we're slagged off. Shallow and childish i know but thats my reason and i sticking with it .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mark the red » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:44 pm

i think leon has a point, its all stupid names, and it makes good articles look almost childish

he is right to call people on here what he wants becuase most of them are fools and idiots.

here is a fella who goes the match and so therefore is entitled to his opinions, not like some of the idiots on here, who think this is a forum to talk about who you would sign for liverpool as though you were playing football manager
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:48 pm

mark the red wrote:not like some of the idiots on here, who think this is a forum to talk about who you would sign for liverpool as though you were playing football manager

Thats why they call it a forum
Last edited by el_stinger on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mark the red » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:55 pm

cant be bother getting into an arguement
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Postby Gareth G » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:27 pm

I totally agree with Leon, I always use proper team name's when talking about them, I think it's quite childish in fact, to call club's name's such as Chelski, Scum and Neverton etc, and it's disrespectful as he said.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion