Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:31 am

Kukilon wrote:Do you guys remember Astrit Ajdarevic? He has been awesome for the swedish team IFK Norrköping that plays in the swedish highest division "The best teams would probably be in the middle of the championship quality wise". Probably their youngest player but also their best. Don't remember him being close to this good when he played in our youth team.

yeah i do. he looks very much like Berger. he's left footed as well isn't he?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby mrt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 am

Kukilon wrote:Do you guys remember Astrit Ajdarevic? He has been awesome for the swedish team IFK Norrköping that plays in the swedish highest division "The best teams would probably be in the middle of the championship quality wise". Probably their youngest player but also their best. Don't remember him being close to this good when he played in our youth team.

Thought he looked one of the better prospects when I saw him on .tv.  He  looked to have a bit of a size and strength advantage, back then, but displayed decent ability.  Was surprised when we sold him.  Anyone know if the Spanish(?) lad, Duran, is still on the books?  He looked like a player.  Albeit, one susceptible to injury.
mrt

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 pm

what happened to Suso? he kind of went off the grid
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:05 pm

There's been a few let go, does anyone know who they are
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:38 am

I heard Wisdom has signed a new contract with us. 

I gotta admit, i dont have any great knowledge of our youths, but apart from Flanagan, kelly, Robinson etc... is there anyone else close to making the bench next season? 

Is Pacheco finally gonna have any impact or be sold?  Are Suso or Sterling ready for some appearances in the Carling cup?  How about Coady, Wisdom etc?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 am

We have a couple of Chinese players coming to train with the academy this month. Marketing ploy or serious scouting? Here is the article:

LFC looking for Chinese talent

Damien Comolli has revealed he will use Liverpool's forthcoming trip to China to scout the country's best young talent - and that two U17 players have already been offered trials.

The Reds embark on their tour of Asia this Sunday, starting with our first ever trip to China where a friendly will take place with Guangdong.

And while the fitness of our current players will be at the forefront of manager Kenny Dalglish's mind, Director of Football Comolli has a busy schedule of trials and games to watch.

He told LFCtour.com: "We've organised things in China, organised games to watch, trials to watch, we'll watch young players, and it'll be very interesting for us to see what level there is.

"It's a bit difficult to assess China's football because they don't qualify often for the World Cups, the full one or the U17 or U20 World Cups.

"As everyone knows, China has got a fantastic basketball player, Yao Ming, they are very good in track and field, so there is no reason we can't find a player there. Obviously in a few days we might not find someone but we'll have a good understanding of the level there is and of Chinese players."

Comolli has already had lengthy discussions with Chinese officials and two of the country's most promising young footballers have been invited for a trial at the Academy later this summer.

He said: "When we knew we were going to China we got in touch with some Chinese officials and we said, 'Can we have a look at the best players you think you have in the country?'

"Some we will look at over there and a couple, who we think are two of the best U17s in the national team, will come and train with our Academy in July. That's going to be very interesting."

Despite the country's success in producing well-known names in other sports, Chinese footballers have yet to make a mark on world football - but Comolli thinks it's only a matter of time.

"I do expect it to change in the next few years, for three reasons," he explained. "One is numbers - it's just mathematics that someone will come through because there are 1.2 or 1.3bn people living in China.

"Secondly, all the conversations I've had with Chinese officials have made it clear that football is the sport developing most quickly. The more people playing, the more chances there will be.

"The third reason is because, as a country, they are a lot more sports orientated than before - hence the track and field, the swimming, the basketball."

The scouting mission is part of a global search to bring the best young talent to Merseyside - a search which has already identified numerous targets this summer.

"We have two scouts at the U17 World Cup and they've identified several targets from all over the world," said Comolli. "Then we've got two scouts going to the U20 World Cup. We try to be everywhere. It's very difficult to be everywhere, but we certainly try to be everywhere where we think there are quality players."

Link

Not sure aboutthe claim that football is the sport that is developing most quickly. I honestly think that it is basketball not football that has captured the younger generation's imagination, not football.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Liverpool prospect Wisdom hails juniors: Some great talent in U10s and U13s

Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom says there's some great talent coming through the club's youth system.

Contemporaries Jack Robinson and John Flanagan have already made their mark in the first team - and Wisdom believes there are many more exciting prospects in Kirkby.

"There are loads of players to come through," he told liverpoolfc.tv. "Even when I watch the U13s or U10s I think, 'Bloody hell, he's good.' All of them are great lads and it's good to work with them, because you can learn off someone no matter how old they are or what position they play.

"They (Borrell, Segura and Frank McParland) are doing everything right. Last season I worked with Pep and Rodolfo and the season before that as well. They are great people to work around. They came from abroad and brought different types of play to our football. You learn a lot of different things and it's good to be in that environment."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Rumour that Gerardo Bruna and Thomas Ince going to Blackpool. Both loans I think but the latter could be possibly be permananent as there was talk of a problem with him but could be rubbish.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Fav players in the mexican u-17 team are #9 Fierro, LCM Jorge Espericuerta and CDs Brieno and Guzman

Best player of the tournament IMO was Emre Can the German DM and captain....

Watch out for that name; he will be a top player!

Culiacan, Mexico, Jul. 15, 2011.-striker Marco Antonio Bueno , recent world champion with the Mexican National Team Under 17 , recognizing that it could leave the Pachuca , his current club to reach a so-called "Big Four" of England, Liverpool .

Well told the television channel three of the TVPacífico that "there have been some talks with the team ( Liverpool ), "so now awaits the reaction of the board of Pachuca and travel to England on Saturday July 23 to get their near future.

" Pachuca and Liverpool have been talking, but right now I'm focused on reaching Pachuca and get ready because I have to go to Liverpool these days, the 23 I think I go out there and do it the best way to make a good impression of the Mexican player "said the attacker to the aforementioned TV station in his hometown of Culiacan.

The version of Antony , which he played well as Pachuca in the "Emeralds" of León , was supported by his father, Pedro Bueno , who confirmed the same medium Sinaloa claims of the "Reds", who runs Kenny Dalglish for the Under 17 world champion.

http://televisadeportes.esmas.com/futbol....l-bueno
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am

Bruna has gone to Blackpool on a permanent deal. It's on the offal.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Bruna has gone to Blackpool on a permanent deal. It's on the offal.

Any fee ?

he isnt good enough imo, lightweight and gives the ball away too much even at reserve level.
Decent strike on him though.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:Bruna has gone to Blackpool on a permanent deal. It's on the offal.

Any fee ?

he isnt good enough imo, lightweight and gives the ball away too much even at reserve level.
Decent strike on him though.

no idea about fee. COuld have been used as a pawn in the Adam deal. - Not strictly a part-ex, but a "sweatener" if you like.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

:wwww  - 29 goal in 5 games, WOW!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....18-rout
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:48 am

Ince finally completes Blackpool move

Thursday 4 August 2011 14:05

TOM Ince is officially a Blackpool player after completing his move from Liverpool.The 19-year-old agreed personal terms last night after the Seasiders finalised a compensation package, believed to be £100,000, with the Merseyside club.

Ince, son of the former England and Manchester United midfielder Paul, has featured in Pool’s last three pre-season games. He has signed a two-year deal with an option for a further year.

Ince, who turned down a new contract at Anfield in search of first-team football, will be in the squad for the Seasiders’ opener at Hull.
++

Turned down a new contract? Ballsy... I wish him well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 am

Knee injury forces Partridge to retire

Thursday August 04 2011

RICHIE Partridge has been forced to retire from football prematurely at the age of 30.

The former Liverpool protege and Irish U-21 international, who has been plying his trade with Welsh club TNS, has had his playing days ended by a persistent knee injury.

Partridge played three times in the League Cup during an injury-hit four years at Anfield before moving on to Bristol Rovers, Coventry City, Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham, Chester, MK Dons and Stockport County.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion