Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

19th Jan 2011 - Latest News Lfctv

In our latest column from the club's youth base, Academy director Frank McParland tells us how a lift from Kenny Dalglish resulted in a training session with Steven Gerrard and co for two lucky starlets.

I was at home relaxing on Sunday night when the phone rang.

It was the boss. He told me he'd be down to the Academy on Monday morning at 9.30am sharp and to make sure I had the kettle on!

So, we got everyone together first thing the next day and got them to dress smart for the occasion.

When Kenny arrived we had a quick cup of tea and then he addressed everyone - both Academy staff and players.

He told us that he is focused on spreading the message that this is 'one club' and is very keen for us to get together with the staff from Melwood to actively talk about our young players.

He wants to get down here as much as possible.

He assured the players that there would be big opportunities ahead for them to be involved in first-team training sessions and that some of them will be going away with the first-team for Barclays Premier League games so they can sample the experience of it all.

He mentioned that he was really pleased with the Youth Cup win over Crystal Palace and that the lads had the chance to play at Anfield. We are now using the prozone that the first-team have and will analyse the stats of that performance with it. We have scheduled meetings to discuss this further with Damien Comolli and all of the other fitness people from Melwood.

Everything has been hugely positive and it is great that the Academy is so heavily involved in Kenny's plans.

After that meeting he decided to take Conor Coady and Suso up to Melwood with him to train with the first-team.

He took me and the two boys down to Melwood in his car which was obviously a great moment for them. I watched them train with the likes of Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole and Fabio Aurelio - all the players who weren't involved against Everton.

They both did very well and were a credit to the Academy. I have to say that just watching Gerrard in training was special. Conor and Suso came off the pitch and said that for a 20 minute spell the skipper was unplayable. I was watching and I had to agree with them!

The two lads will now spend the rest of the week there and it is very possible they will go to the game with Wolves and stay at the hotel.

After the session, the boss decided he would drive us back and we watched the U15s train in the afternoon. It was a really good day - but it didn't stop there.

The first-team had the day off on Tuesday and Kenny was at Melwood for various meetings. However, it didn't stop him hot-footing it down to Kirkby to watch an U17s friendly with Shrewsbury.

We had a lot of the scholars who haven't been playing regularly for Rodolfo involved, as well as Jason Banton who we signed recently. He scored and did okay for us which was a positive because we all want to have a good look at what he can offer us.

The fact Kenny took up a place in the dugout alongside Rodolfo was also a nice touch and it will have given all the lads involved a huge lift to have the opportunity to impress the first-team boss.

It's certainly exciting times for us here and great that the boss is bringing us altogether as one.

:D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 pm

fair play just being around someone like kk would be a massive boost to some of those youngsters and when they see him there watching can lift them higher than they ever thought

top player top manager TOP bloke
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Its been ages since we had a manager who looked out for these kids and try his best to be there for them

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

just on a sidenote, adam hammill has signed for wolves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:20 pm

stmichael wrote:just on a sidenote, adam hammill has signed for wolves.

Be interesting to see if he can make the step up as he has been great in the championship.
Was speaking to Mark Robins at a works charity football tournament before the season started and he wasnt very complimentary about Hammill saying he was too inconsistent.
But he has been superb this season for them before his move.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Suso looks a very tidy little player.. I would love to see him blooded this season.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:49 pm

eccleston has just scored for Charlton.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby mrt » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Was watching highlights of u18s v Bolton earlier.  Hungarian midfielder, whose name I can't remember, looked promising and Coady and Silva scored tidy goals. The future's bright, the future's RED!
mrt

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:eccleston has just scored for Charlton.

made up for him mate. if he doesn't come back after his loan spell-i for one wish him well,but i can see the lad becoming a great player for a club outside the PL-cause with all the competition for places at LFC i just don't see him making it with us-just my opinion like.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Absolutly boss read this ,made up for the lad , an it just shows that Kenny is trying to integrate everyone as one

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/conor-coady-s-melwood-diary
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Youth team won 9-0 the other night in the FA youth Cup against |Southend - little startlet Raheem Sterlibng scored 5 .. really looks like a promising prospect and now he is on the plane to Prague, to exp the atmosphere - did anyone watch the game - I watched on LFC TV and the lads played brill - Kenny was there too :) The future is looking very very bright indeedy !
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Currently 1-0 up over Utd. Sterling with a good ball to Morgan who finished well.

Raheem Sterling has a very bright future, gonna be something special.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:49 pm

losing 3-2 and both teams have 9 men on the field wow! :O
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:59 pm

3-2 FT... they will learn from this, winning 2-0 then conceding 3 goals. Undeserved with the way the match was going but our fault for losing our heads and letting them back into the game.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:24 pm

sterling looks like he's going to be an unbelievable player. he should get a few minutes for the first team before the end of the season. his touch, dribbling, pace, vision, finishing...his general ball control is better than the majority of our first team's put together! i know he's very lightweight at the moment but he'd get a free-kick every time anyone breathed near him.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion