Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:09 am

Fauxy wrote:New vid of Suso's passing by Milankakabaros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3HfYN1jD4

If he can pull these passes off at just 17 years old, what is he gonna be like when hes older..

Very impressive!!
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:19 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Andras Simon leaves Liverpool

http://www.skysports.com/story....BC.html

Hungarian striker Andras Simon has left Liverpool after terminating his contract by mutual consent.

Simon, who enjoyed a spell on loan at Cordoba last season, has failed to make the breakthrough at Anfield and never made a senior appearance for the club.

The 20-year-old's agent, Viktor Kovesdi, claims Roy Hodgson's desire to promote homegrown talent at Anfield ahead of foreign players was the main reason for his departure.

"The player had a three plus two year-long contract which was extended automatically last summer, but his future became unclear after the change in manager at Liverpool," Kovesdi told origo.hu.

"The successor of Rafa Benitez, Roy Hodgson puts the English players to the forefront instead of the footballers from abroad.

"This approach can be seen at the reserves because some of Simon's team-mates from abroad have departed from the club lately" - the agent told www.origo.hu.

German side Alemannia Aachen are thought to be keen on signing Simon and have offered to take the player on trial.

Fact that only some lowly unknown German club are interested in taking the lad on trial suggests we are not losing much of a prospect!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:21 am

If he can pull these passes off at just 17 years old, what is he gonna be like when hes older..

Class. Depending on how the season goes; we might see Suso get some time in the 1st team. May well see him in the Europa League at some point as well.

Watched a video of Raheem Sterlling on youtube as well. He looks to be a real prospect as well.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Waldo wrote:

Class. Depending on how the season goes; we might see Suso get some time in the 1st team. May well see him in the Europa League at some point as well.

Watched a video of Raheem Sterlling on youtube as well. He looks to be a real prospect as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbDxiKM0c8M

Raheem Sterling.

The future English Messi?

haha  :D
Fauxy

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Offal

good overview on the young guns in the official site.

I have high hopes for Conor Coady, Toni Silva, Suso, Sterling and Jack Robinson. I think those 5 will break into the first team in a couple of years and become good players
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

metalhead wrote:Offal

good overview on the young guns in the official site.

I have high hopes for Conor Coady, Toni Silva, Suso, Sterling and Jack Robinson. I think those 5 will break into the first team in a couple of years and become good players

all of the players you have listed look very good prospects.
Suso being the stand out based on natural ability but Connor Coady looks a very capable and well rounded player and would be the most likely to be given a chance due to his stature.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Would add Wisdom to that list as well
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Would add Wisdom to that list as well

Yeah good shout, forgot all about him but he looks very good and has done well for the England youth teams.
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

what position does Wisdom play?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:22 pm

metalhead wrote:what position does Wisdom play?

he is very versatile, i have seen him centre back and right back. But he could easily play in midfield with his ability on the ball.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah exactly how ben has said - he is very commanding and very comfy on the ball , great in the air and solid on the ball . It will be interesting to see how Tom Ince does at Notts County on loan as he looks very useful
Benny The Noon

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Ive got real high hopes about the future of this club. Watched afew games that i missed on lfc.tv of our youngsters be4. Seeing Sterling and Suso on the same pitch had me thinking of Barnes and Beardsley when they played with Rush. Ngoo looks a fantastic prospect awell like Crouch but can beat players. Besides the usually players 2 new faces have impressed me recently in Adam Morgan and James Flanagan. Flanagan looks a no-nonsense carra type player but has more about him going forward and Morgan reminds me of mellor but with pace. The thing that im happy about aswell is that the youngsters seem 2 be playing they way Liverpool use 2. Pass and move and i also like the fact thiers alot of promising english and scouse talent in the mix. Thier seems 2 be abit of everything awell in the group of players that have most the potential. Pace, skill, passing, dribbling, Finishing and the potential seems to be in every position were as in the past the only players with potential seemed 2 come from attacking positions.

For the last 5-6 years ive wanted us 2 folow the arsenal formula and create a young excitig squad. With the kes of Kelly, Wilson, Coady, Wisdom, Ayala, Robinson, Flanagan, Shelvey, Suso, Sterling, Ince, Ngoo, Morgan, Pacheco, Emilsson thats got the making of a great squad and with NESV bringing in Comoli and wanted the best  youngsters around us being linked with the likes of Hazard, Lukaku, Santon, Chamberlain etc.

The Futures looking exciting
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Highlights of Suso v Crystal Palace the other night. Really hope this kid makes it all the way here.

http://www.footylounge.com/films....08.html
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:22 pm

bavlondon wrote:Highlights of Suso v Crystal Palace the other night. Really hope this kid makes it all the way here.

http://www.footylounge.com/films....08.html

heard he and Coady ran the show
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:19 am

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett
Suso & Conor Coady promoted to Melwood today by Dalglish. Well deserved. Youth really getting a chance now.

:buttrock  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion