Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Reg wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:It seems the term feeder club . starting to become readily associated with Liverpool isn't nearly as ridiculous a notion as we first believed

Hang on a second lads......the decisions about the academy are made by a certain Kenny Dalglish.

If Kenny says no, thats good enough for me.

I wouldn't link Kenny's overall  involvement with the selling of these players especially with  both receiving regular plaudits from their respective managers     ..... Sorry Reg but this has Purslow's over zealous mitts all over it ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Depends what Fulham are offering, but I've never really been convinced of Dalle Valle's ability despite his big reputation and all the goals he scored. He looked way out of his depth in pre-season.
LFC2007

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:46 pm

B0llix ! I really rated LDV....watched a good few ressie games last season and he was impressive. WTF is Woy letting him go to Fulham for, ffs ??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fauxy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:14 am

According to some bloke on Twitter who is usually quite accurate:

Pacheco is about to get an improved contract offered to him

and

Danny Ayala is going on loan to Hull.
Fauxy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:31 pm

According to the Daily Mail
Liverpool thrown in Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to clinch £4m Paul Konchesky from Fulham

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 12:59 AM on 28th August 2010

Liverpool threw in two promising youngsters, Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic, to help clinch the £4million capture of Fulham left back Paul Konchesky.

The teenagers had medicals yesterday at Fulham, who also concluded a £2.25m deal for PSV Eindhoven defender Carlos Salcido.

Dalla Valle, 18, is a promising Finland Under 19 striker and Swede Kacaniklic, 19, is a midfielder.
Paul Konchesky

So we received no fee for two of our most talented kids ...they just went some way to subsidizing  the Konchesky deal ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:38 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Two of our top young prospects Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic on their merry way to Fulham ..... this is fucking ridiculous now .....the clubs licking  the meat of our bones  :(
on their way

Getting rid a 2 talented youngsters 4 an old :censored: left back. We have agger aureilio, Wilson and carra who can all play there. For every great signing Roy (i persume he has the final say) makes he signs an unnecessary player and wastes what little money we have. Jones, Koncheskey, Poulsen WTF thats nearly 11 million which coulda gone towards a Cissokho, Turan, Lukaku type marquee sigining . Cannot 4 the life of me understand this signing if it happens
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:According to the Daily Mail
Liverpool thrown in Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to clinch £4m Paul Konchesky from Fulham

Liverpool threw in two promising youngsters, Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic, to help clinch the £4million capture of Fulham left back Paul Konchesky.

The teenagers had medicals yesterday at Fulham, who also concluded a £2.25m deal for PSV Eindhoven defender Carlos Salcido.

Dalla Valle, 18, is a promising Finland Under 19 striker and Swede Kacaniklic, 19, is a midfielder.
Paul Konchesky

So we received no fee for two of our most talented kids ...they just went some way to subsidizing  the Konchesky deal ???

You know what the wierdest thing about this article is..........Salcido is twice the player Koncheskey is yet were paying nearly twice what Fulham are

We really r run buy chimps
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Fauxy wrote:According to some bloke on Twitter who is usually quite accurate:

Pacheco is about to get an improved contract offered to him

and

Danny Ayala is going on loan to Hull.

Yeah I heard that too. Pacheco has signed a new 2 year contract. Hopefully he gets himself down to Burger King a bit more often cos he's still a bit lightweight for my liking....
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:According to the Daily Mail

Paul Konchesky

£4m for a 29 year old 'better than average' LB is laughable, I'd be hoping for a better and younger LB than that for that money.

Throwing in two kids just makes it worse, although maybe it is a sign Woy is clearing out the youth and reserves squad. Maybe he wants to bring in some 'young' 27 year olds, I am seriously concerned at the age of players he is signing. We need a better balance, players not just for the next 2-3 seasons, although that may be as long as he lasts, but for the next 4-5 years and then 6-7 years and then 8-9 years. No point planning TOO FAR ahead but, leave a little scope for players to develop.

And for those that love net spending, don't expect it to last if Woy is going to pay premium price for 28-29+ year olds as we won't get much from sales if they don't work out or when they move on ie the squad cost may remain similar, but when we come to sell I can't see us getting £4m for Koncheskey, Poulsen etc etc  :no
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Good result for the U18's vs. Derby. Good reports for Ngoo and Sterling in particular....More of the same please lads and let's see ya making the grade to the first team....
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Good result, and seemingly good performances from Suso and Amoo again...
Keep it up lads...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/amoo-brace-tames-wolves
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:19 pm

our wide players in the reserves are better to watch than anyone in our first team.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Andre Wisdom is a complete beast of a defender!

Looks far faaar too good for the reserves, should be loaned out to a championship side imo.

Suso could use a loan move also but not abroad, he probably wouldnt come back!
Fauxy

Postby Fauxy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Ayala Loan Deal Extended

The Club is pleased to confirm that Daniel Ayala's loan from Liverpool has been extended until January 1st 2011.

The Spanish defender initially joined on an emergency loan deal just over a week ago, but terms have now been agreed to extend that until the New Year.

Ayala has impressed on his three appearances for the Tigers so far and has been a key figure in a side that has kept two clean sheets in the last two games.

http://www.hullcityafc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10338~2159762,00.html
Fauxy

Postby tubby » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Anyone else been watching the game tonight? That Suso is a talented player. We have some very promising players in the ressies. Dunno if he will cut it at 1st team level but enjoyed what I saw tonight. Anyone who thinks we don't have any decent players in the youth needs to watch tonights game.

Thanks Rafa
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion