Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Barry ? Best of British ? If you ask me, he's muck....dunno if he's going to the WC or not (I don't tend to follow in-gur-laaand that closely) but in my opinion he's a waste of space...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Fri May 21, 2010 2:21 am

Athletic Club Bilbao confirms San Jose signing    21:54, May 20, 2010

Athletic Club Bilbao has confirmed the permanent signing of central defender Mikel San Jose from Liverpool.

The player, who will be 22 at the end of the month, joined Athletic at the start of the season on loan from the Premier League side with Athletic having the option to make the signing permanent at the end of the campaign.

San Jose had a slow start on his return to Athletic, where he had been in the youth system before signing for Liverpool in 2007, but had an excellent second half to the campaign.

He became a first team regular under coach Joaquin Caparros making 25 league appearances and scoring one goal. San Jose also played five times in Europe.

Athletic has paid around 3.5 million dollars for his services and San Jose has agreed a contract until the end of June 2015 with a buyout clause of 37 million dollars.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Fri May 21, 2010 7:39 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Raoul wrote:
Owzat wrote:His may be a longer term mission by the nature of the task and you wonder how much longer of Rafa's mission there is left to go....................................

I don't think he is going anywhere. He has a young family, who are settled in the city, he is a stubborn man, who now has something to prove, and he is paid pretty well.

The owners aren't going to fire him - it'll cost to much, and who is going to come in to replace him knowing the owners could change at any minute and they'll be out on their ear?

He is staying, unless Juve have a ridiculous offer for him, or perhaps if Real Madrid come calling. Can't see either happening.

All this is a good thing, in the context of this thread - Rafa has started something here, and it'd be good to see it given the time to bear fruit.

Mate, the Ressies and the U-18's don't win you the PL....

Note my disclaimer:

"All this is a good thing, in the context of this thread"

I'm pretty sure I'm on record here somewhere some time ago saying I thought it was time for Rafa to go. Right now, despite my concerns about Rafa, it doesn't make sense to change managers when you are looking at bringing in new owners. Can't see anyone worthwhile walking into a job like this one, knowing that any day (well, month) new owners may come in with their own ideas of who they want managing the club.

Enough, this is one of the few 'non-Rafa' threads left on this board!  :)
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

If anyone is interested we have two players playing for England Under 17 in the UEFA Champs - Wisdom and Connor with wisdom standing out quote well during the last game against the Czechs
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri May 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:If anyone is interested we have two players playing for England Under 17 in the UEFA Champs - Wisdom and Connor with wisdom standing out quote well during the last game against the Czechs

when are these on ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 21, 2010 8:11 pm

On now on eurosport , wisdom has got a knock and isn't playing but Connor Cody is and is lookng sharp - a gerrard lookalike
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Wisdom is playing as well , he is so good on the ball fo a CB
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:On now on eurosport , wisdom has got a knock and isn't playing but Connor Cody is and is lookng sharp - a gerrard lookalike

just watched the last 10 minutes, thanks for letting me know.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 21, 2010 8:44 pm

No worries mate they were better in the game against the Czechs esp Wisdom
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri May 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:No worries mate they were better in the game against the Czechs esp Wisdom

when is the semi ?
Ben Patrick

Postby mrt » Sat May 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Bit gutted about San Jose.  Thought he had more potential than Ayala.  Was hoping his time playing in La Liga would have brought him on a bit so he'd be good to go for us next season.  Hope the same doesn't happen with Nemeth.  He deserves his chance to fail, just like some of the others are getting.  And you never know, he could take to the EPL like a duck to water.  What have we got to lose?

Watched the 2nd leg of Ressies final v Villa the other year.  He was no Garrincha but I saw young Flynn put decent balls into the box from both flanks, using both feet.  Again, was hoping that that would be something to build on and he'd progress.  Never mind.
mrt

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun May 23, 2010 1:22 am

mrt wrote:Bit gutted about San Jose.  Thought he had more potential than Ayala.  Was hoping his time playing in La Liga would have brought him on a bit so he'd be good to go for us next season.  Hope the same doesn't happen with Nemeth.  He deserves his chance to fail, just like some of the others are getting.  And you never know, he could take to the EPL like a duck to water.  What have we got to lose?

Watched the 2nd leg of Ressies final v Villa the other year.  He was no Garrincha but I saw young Flynn put decent balls into the box from both flanks, using both feet.  Again, was hoping that that would be something to build on and he'd progress.  Never mind.

to be honest i am the first to back the young kids but at this moment in time it doesnt look great what is coming through.
I think Pacheco should have been given alot more playing time but other than that there isnt much there.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 24, 2010 8:28 pm

There is quite a bit of promising youngsters mate

England under 17s on again
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:There is quite a bit of promising youngsters mate

England under 17s on again

no i mean ready now.
The under 17 sort of age looks alot better.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Ah right yeah definatly sorted younger wise with players like Ince , Dalla Velle , Kaciniklic etc
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion