Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Home grown lads do get a look in too, they probably just don't cut it. Some back room members from Barca have been brought in so I don't think that can be said to be a bad thing.

Also we are probably slow to act to sign youngsters as we need to be careful with money.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:08 pm

The best homegrown players these days go to Everton. There is a perception that they don't get a fair crack of the whip at Liverpool by all accounts, though where they get that idea from goodness only knows.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Blackburn Highlights

Rapidshare

credit to momo99
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:10 am

RedSi35 wrote:Where are the Carraghers, Gerrards, Fowlers, McManamans gone?

As mick says without saying, across the park to bittertown. It is maybe the one thing about their club which we should be jealous of

bigmick wrote:The best homegrown players these days go to Everton. There is a perception that they don't get a fair crack of the whip at Liverpool by all accounts, though where they get that idea from goodness only knows.

It's a shame because we import so many kids who don't make it, the bitters have a good academy set up and players on the brink of the first team - often through necessity because of the size of their squad - and they're going to make either good players or good money from their sale.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 am

It's sad that young red supporters who can play are going to Bellfield rather than us but if you talk to these kids there's a resentment about the number of Spanish kids at The Academy. Kids who are not necessarily any better than the local lads.
It stands to reason that you'll go to the club where you stand a chance.
Here in Kirkby there is a noticable change in the atmosphere at the Academy, a change for the better, and the shake-up that Rafa did seems to be working. I just think it's a shame that these kids aren't blooded earlier.
The Flora business shows how far astray we were at that time. The club shipped half of his family over here at the start and put them up at the Sir Thomas Hotel for months, Must have cost a fortune - all on the basis of a homemade video compilation !!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 am

And who exactly are these scouse kids bursting through at Everton that we missed out on ? Rodwell and who ? Our academy is loaded with youngsters from local area
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:33 am

Also rodwell isn't a red supporter as he is a bs supporter
Benny The Noon

Postby JohnBull » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:36 am

Been to Kirkby lately Benny ? Go and have a swim in the David Lloyd on most thursdays and see the squads.
It's not just the local lads - we should have been up for the kid Colman that The Bitters just got from Sligo on a recommend from Cookie (Sligo's Scouse manager) the lads on loan now but he'll make the big time before long. When good young ones turn up they are being guided to the blues.
When was the last time we gave a 16 year old a run in the first team ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:52 am

So how come our academy whenever I watch on telly is full of young local lads then ? When was the last time any team gave a chance to a 16 year old , even more so a top side . It happens once a very rare blue moon
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:57 am

Benny The Noon wrote:So how come our academy whenever I watch on telly is full of young local lads then ? When was the last time any team gave a chance to a 16 year old , even more so a top side . It happens once a very rare blue moon

I agree with that about 16 year olds.

I would prefer us to give some of the older lads a go though.

Namely Pacheco, i cant get my head around why he hasnt had more minutes at all.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:03 pm

As I mentioned to you in another thread it's because he has had to spend a lot of time away with the Spanish under 19s , rafa mentioned it in an interview couple weeks ago
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:As I mentioned to you in another thread it's because he has had to spend a lot of time away with the Spanish under 19s , rafa mentioned it in an interview couple weeks ago

I am sure that there have been loads of occasions when he could have been given playing time mate.
Sorry i am certain of it.

Owzat or someone else please pull up the stats on how many times he has been substitute and not used.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Well every time a game comes up which would be perfect for him there is always a report about him being away , he will get his turn of that there is no doubt , no reason to rush him .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:19 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Well every time a game comes up which would be perfect for him there is always a report about him being away , he will get his turn of that there is no doubt , no reason to rush him .

What makes you say that ?

That he will get his game i mean.

Unless we are 3-0 up in a game and he is substitute then he wont.
Its been proved time and again all season when we have had no options and still left him warming the bench.
There have been plenty of times where we have been struggling to break sides down and he should have been gambled on and hasnt.
Ferguson did it last season with Macheda, but Rafa is far far far too cautious to try it.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Think he has been on the bench about 6 or 7 times and went on two or three times . Ferguson threw on that Italian because he had no other option .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion